PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the mood. Your Top Hair Movies!

Fingolphin
March 1st, 2011, 10:15 AM
Okay. After watching Memoirs of a Geisha last night for the first time, I'm now really in the mood to watch more movies that feature amazing hair. What are your all time top THREE recommendations? Don't bother to list LOTR. Everyone knows that one. :) And....go.

haikitteh
March 1st, 2011, 11:53 AM
Well the one that always comes to mind for me is the Emma Thompson version of "Sense & Sensibility" - but it's more for the styling than that it features impressively long hair. Curls are used to convey each character's passion - Marianne has naturally-perfect ringlets, Elinor has straight hair, their sister-in-law has tortured, shellacked hair, etc.

I foolishly cut bangs into my naturally-curly hair after seeing this film, and it took years to grow them out. Suffice it to say, my bangs did NOT look like Marianne's. :headache:

sakuraemily
March 1st, 2011, 12:03 PM
Watch Bandidas. penelope and Salma's hair is amazing in some scenes.

Madora
March 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
"Forever My Love" starring Romy Schneider as Empress Elizabeth of Austria.

This is the US compilation of the 3 German "Sissi" films and the hairstyles are sensational.

"A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" (1949 - Paramount) with Bing Crosby and Rhonda Fleming.

Rhonda's wig is right out of a fairytale -- thick, wavy and utterly gorgeous..and a spectacular shade of red/auburn. It makes my mouth water!

looniac
March 1st, 2011, 02:37 PM
Serenity - for Inara's curls

Moonstruck - for Cher's curls

First Knight - For Guenivere's locks

I'm a curly girl... I like my curly hair movies XD

MAO
March 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM
Legends of the Fall......Julia Ormond has some great hair!

Kate Winslet in Titanic. My all time favorite! She had the perfect shade of red.......

MissySue
March 1st, 2011, 03:17 PM
I love Jane Seymour's hair in 'Somewhere in Time'. I don't know if it's all real or if some hair pieces are used but it's so beautiful and romantic looking.

Eire
March 1st, 2011, 03:18 PM
Winona Ryder in "Little Women"

JaneinMarch
March 1st, 2011, 03:22 PM
Eve's Bayou, so much curly!

virgo75
March 1st, 2011, 03:27 PM
I'm a curly girl and like the curly hair in movies too. :D

My top 2 have already been listed - "First Knight" & "Legends of the Fall."

But I also like "Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love" for Indira Varma's curly hair and all the long Indian hair in general. :)

Kumiko033
March 1st, 2011, 03:30 PM
Lol, Memoirs of a geisha is indeed magical when it comes to a hair topic!
Sounds strange but, go watch Benjamin Button
one of the main characters has the most beautifull red-hair I've ever seen.

Fingolphin
March 1st, 2011, 06:47 PM
Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea are up there for me.

Khiwanean
March 1st, 2011, 06:54 PM
The Merchant of Venice, the version with Al Pacino in it. I know there's plenty of extensions used for some of the styles, but heck if I didn't enjoy the hair in the movie anyway.

patienceneeded
March 1st, 2011, 07:01 PM
Claire Danes in Stardust. Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth.

DakarNick
March 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Elle McPherson in The Edge. Tailbone and beautiful!

Edit: The Curve with Keri Russell. Her hair used to be my favorite.

Yamainu
March 2nd, 2011, 05:22 PM
Lord of the Rings, of course.

Caldonia Sun
March 2nd, 2011, 05:34 PM
Pride & Prejudice - A&E version.

JulietCapulet
March 2nd, 2011, 05:45 PM
Princess Bride (Buttercup), Twilight (Victoria's hair)

chopandchange
March 2nd, 2011, 05:55 PM
Ever after.

silverjen
March 2nd, 2011, 06:11 PM
Young Victoria had tons of gorgeous updos all through it.

Jeno86
March 5th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Hero (with Jet Li)

tanya222
March 5th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Ever after.

I second Ever After! "Danielle"'s hairstyles especially involving the beaded snoods are simply beautiful! I especially love her hair in the scene where she meets the prince in the ruins, and she's wearing a half-up with part of her hair in the snood, part of it down, but in between she's got some lovely braids knotted intricately at the back of her head. Just lovely!

Fingolphin
March 5th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Hero (with Jet Li)

Oh, I totally forgot about Hero. Most definitely!

orangeskye
March 6th, 2011, 12:47 AM
just re-watched Ever After tonight, and i agree, her hairstyles are inspiring.. i also noticed the on the girls heads in "Fiddler on the Roof" they don't do it fancy, but it's long and flowy when they dance around :)

Malaguena
March 6th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Gone with the Wind! My all-time favorite.

Also, for some reason I really like Nicole Kidman's hair in Batman Forever. There's also this 80's movie that I love, Can't Buy Me Love, with young Patrick Dempsey and Amanda Peterson. Her hair is gorgeous, I think.

Oh, and I also like Jennifer Jason Leigh's hair in Flesh+Blood.

ingvild
March 6th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Well, I recently watched True Grit and I had total Mattie Ross braid envy. :p

LadyCelestina
March 6th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Hair movies? "Hair" of course! :D
Iīve seen a lot of pretty hair in movies,I just canīt remember in which!

( But I actually watch the history channel just to look at the fashion and the long haired men,am I bad for this? O:-) )

bunzfan
March 6th, 2011, 06:50 AM
For me its either Elizabeth the golden age with all the lovely Elizabethan styles or tristan and isolde for isoldes gorgeous blonde curly hair i wonder if that was her real hair?

MissEarlGrey
March 6th, 2011, 07:11 AM
I loved Letters to Juliet just to drool over Amanda Seyfried's gorgeous hair.
http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/0514-film-review-letters-to-juliet/7894907-1-eng-US/0514-Film-Review-Letters-to-Juliet_full_600.jpg

I love the way it moves, its got a lot of bounce.

KrissyKitty
March 6th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman in Practical Magic!

Sabayon
March 6th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Dangerous Beauty -- Perfect Venetian red!
Rome (technically a series) has so much amazing hair
House of the Flying Daggers, I believe was the one where the main character at one point uses her hairdo to wield a sword!

Fog
March 6th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Just got through watching Burlesque (I know, I know), and I totally wanted to wear Christina Aguilera's wig. She looked sexier in that movie than I ever knew she could.

Fingolphin
March 7th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I thought Hephaistion had some cool hairstyles in Alexander: The Final Cut.

Fairlight63
March 7th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Love's Unfolding Dream
Christy series
Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman

LisaMonster
March 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Well, I recently watched True Grit and I had total Mattie Ross braid envy. :p

Right?

Hailee Steinfeld's hair is amaaaazing. She is so beautiful.

fairystar32
March 7th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I am in LOVE with Kate Winslets hair in Titanic... I keep watching it all the time and swoon over her hair colour!

I also love Angelina Jolie's hair in Tomb Raider

Fairlight63
May 14th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Just watched Country Strong last night & Gwyneth Paltrow as Kelly's hair was just beautiful - it looked so pretty when she had it curled.

aspartame gram
May 14th, 2011, 10:13 PM
So happy someone else mentioned Practical Magic! It's one of my favorite movies! And yes, their hair is just beautiful. I've been coveting Nicole's shade of hair in that foreeverrrr. Problem is that red is a pain to maintain. Booooo.

Ciridae
May 14th, 2011, 10:28 PM
'The Other Boleyn Girl' - Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson look incredible with both their updo's and their hair down in that movie. Le sigh.

Druid of Alba
May 14th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Haha, The Ring, if you like horror. Samara's hair is awesome!

McFearless
May 14th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Scarlett Johansson has fluffy platinum blonde hair and Penelope Cruz has long, thick dark hair.

jenhow
May 15th, 2011, 01:11 AM
I just re-watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy and even though I think most of the hair was wigs, it looked pretty real and sooo beautiful.

VintageDresses
May 15th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I second Titanic! Kate's best color is definitely red. The scene where she has it down causes me some major jealousy haha.

Tuck Everlasting. Winnie's hair is so pretty!

I can't think of any other ones off the top of my head.

Firefly
May 15th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Practical Magic for sure-- it's one of the inspirations for growing my hair long in the first place. Other hair movies that make me go **thud**: Lord of the Rings, Contact, Tomb Raider, and Hideous Kinky. I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting at the moment!

TheMechaGinger
May 17th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I love all the ladies hair in Practical Magic, especially nicole kidman's

christine1989
May 17th, 2011, 03:09 PM
My favorites (which I'm sure someone has mentioned already) are.....
1. The Other Boelyn Girl- you get to see Natalie Portman's long brown hair alongside Scarlett Johansen's long blonde hair.
2. Devdas- another great Bollywood film featuring Aishwarya Rai with AMAZING long hair.
3. and this is a weird one.... Le Peau d'Ane (or Donkey Skin) a French film from the 1970s based on a famous fairy tale. If you love long blonde hair definatly check it out!

irishlady
May 17th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Titanic, love Kate's hair in that.

Braveheart is another one: Murron and the Princess' hair.
And this is probably silly, and I know she was wearing a wig, but I quite liked Amy Yasbeck's long curly red hair in Robin Hood: Men in Tights lol

My dream is to have long curly red hair. My mother has that (well not very long, between APL and BSL) and I'm so jealous :p even though she complains about it a lot.

I also liked King Arthur's Guinevere's long wavy/curly brown hair, and her war updo.

Also Pride and Prejudice.

irishlady
May 17th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Oh I forgot Lara Croft's hair! I'm not much of a fan of Angelina...at all...but her hair looked lovely in those films :)

Also I like Maureen O'Hara's hair in some of her films.

NouvelleNymphe2
May 17th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I changed my avatar and siggy to pics from Queen Margot/La Reine Margot. Her hair is very long and sooo dark. I love it!

ladyfey
May 17th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Julia Ormond in First Knight

JaneinMarch
May 17th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Carrie had some beautiful hair

AuburnTresses
May 18th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I didn't start wanting long hair until I saw these two movies:
Court Jester- an old Danny Kaye movie I love Maid Jean's hair, but Princess Gwendolyn's hair was my favorite.

But my favorite hair movie is Ivanhoe (2002)! Here's an Amazon link I shortened: http://is.gd/jaYuU7
The two main women have just gorgeous hair! :thud: I keep meaning to get some screen shots for myself. I think their hair in the movie is about tailbone... but don't quote me on that because I haven't watched it in a little while.

Colourful
May 18th, 2011, 09:27 AM
The girl from Blue Lagoon had incredibly lovely hair. :)

Hailes
May 18th, 2011, 09:42 AM
In the current series of "Game Of Thrones" the character 'Daenerys Targaryen' has amazing long white wavy/curly hair its stunning!

racrane
May 18th, 2011, 12:13 PM
All the suggestions I was going to say some of you already suggested. But thanks for the suggestions, I look forward to seeing some more! And I'm glad I"m not the only one who loves long hair in movies! :D

Becky9679
May 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM
No-one's mentioned Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia in Star Wars?!? She had some mad updos and it looked pretty amazing loose.

Hero and House of Flying Daggers have already been mentioned, good hair on the men and women in those

Probably wigs but Winona Ryder and Sadie Frost in Bram Stokers Dracula had very nice hair.

Finally, I don't know the name of the actress but in The Company of Wolves, the scene where the 'wronged woman' turns a wedding party into wolves, she had gorgeous hair. It looked real too!

Becky9679
May 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM
But my favorite hair movie is Ivanhoe (2002)! Here's an Amazon link I shortened: http://is.gd/jaYuU7
The two main women have just gorgeous hair! :thud: I keep meaning to get some screen shots for myself. I think their hair in the movie is about tailbone... but don't quote me on that because I haven't watched it in a little while.

Aargh, I haven't seen that since it was on TV but I loved it! Didn't realise you could get the DVD, I want to buy it quite badly now

KatiSasha
May 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Van Helsing with Kate Beckinsale. The movie is OK, but her hair is gorgeous.

battles
May 18th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I scanned through, sorry if someone posted it already!

Labyrinth!? I love Sarah's hair. And she has my name too. :D

The ballroom scene is gorgeous.

chenille
May 18th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I didn't start wanting long hair until I saw these two movies:
Court Jester- an old Danny Kaye movie I love Maid Jean's hair, but Princess Gwendolyn's hair was my favorite.

Oh yay, someone besides me likes this movie! :D Angela Lansbury in her twenties was something else! I remember the scene where she meets the "jester" for the first time and she's brushing her long blonde hair. Such a classic princess. And Glynis Johns (as Maid Jean) had gorgeous brown curls.

cato
May 18th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Genji Monogatari- also known as The Tales of Genji.
Women in the movie have hair to their knees and even longer :) And there are a lot of women :)

Probably they used wigs and hair extensions for this movie, but on the screen their hair looks real to me. And of course, japanese women always have had amazing hair growth and long lenghts have been honoured for hundreds and hundreds of years.