PDA

View Full Version : Day 29: The Countdown is On. Come join the Party!

Kaya
March 1st, 2011, 10:01 AM
I don't know about ya'll, but I am so excited about 'Tangled' coming out on DVD/Blu-Ray at the end of the month! :cheese:
I think it would be fun to claim the month of March in the name of long-hairs and aspiring long hairs everywhere. I mean, come on, Rapunzel has 70ft of hair. She is like the penultimate of long hairs! :bluebiggr
Anyways, it might be fun to celebrate with funny, movie-related questions each day, spontaneous poll questions, or whatever else anyone wants to chime in with. I could do a daily post and anyone could contribute a question, idea, poll, etc.

Anyone game to join in the 'Tangled' celebration? :flower:

To kick off the party, I want to present the question:

What would you do if you had 70ft of lovely golden hair? (And we are going to assume that it behaves like cartoon hair and you can drag it through the dirt and all that unlikely movie stuff with no issues! It's all about fun and fantasy! :) )

Me? I would either practice my braiding until my hands fall off, or go horseback riding, causing my hair to stream out behind me in the wind. Hey, I did say this was all in good fun! The whole wind in the hair thing always seems so romantic. :crush:

Pyvsi
March 1st, 2011, 10:20 AM
First I would dye it a deep dark purple that looks black except in certain light. Then I would make a braided gown out of it with a long train. It would start as a twenty strand braid that separates into three braids (to make armholes for myself) and then rejoins in a loose basket weave pattern that surrounds my body just like an elegant (revealing, most likely, lol) gown. Once it gets to my feet, the basket weave pattern is modified to just go behind me in a beautiful complicated braided train.

lilalong
March 1st, 2011, 10:22 AM
First I would dye it a deep dark purple that looks black except in certain light. Then I would make a braided gown out of it with a long train. It would start as a twenty strand braid that separates into three braids (to make armholes for myself) and then rejoins in a loose basket weave pattern that surrounds my body just like an elegant (revealing, most likely, lol) gown. Once it gets to my feet, the basket weave pattern is modified to just go behind me in a beautiful complicated braided train.

LOL!:D
Great imagination Pyvsi!

krissykins
March 1st, 2011, 11:13 AM
OMG SO EXCITED.

But I don't know if I could handle 70ft of hair. I'd probably do some sort of braided bun. Haha

LovelyL
March 1st, 2011, 04:11 PM
Grr you Americans get all the DVD releases first :( They haven't even set the date yet for Europe. Although we're still better off than the Australians... poor guys over there sometimes have to wait years extra for their releases.

jasper
March 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM
I would dye different colors in sections along the length. Then, depending on what color i wanted for the day, I would style it so that section of hair was showing and the other color parts were contained in or under the hairdo.

Maelyssa
March 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM
Didn't catch it in theaters but I promised my 7 & 8 year old daughters I'd buy it for them when it comes out on dvd so now I can start marking the calendar.
Thanks for the heads up!

BabyRay33
March 1st, 2011, 05:06 PM
I would have to sleep in it like a blanket. Softest best blanket ever

pinkbunny
March 1st, 2011, 05:24 PM
I could no longer go anywhere without twirling - so my hair would spiral around me! And I'd ALWAYS wear it down (since it's cartoon hair and therefore always perfect!) :D

Oooh! Even better idea: I'd learn to be one of those aerial ribbon dancers! Just think how awesome, to see all that hair flying & fluttering just like the ribbons!

jackiesjottings
March 2nd, 2011, 02:16 AM
I would find a faerytale castle somewhere and have a wonderful time (with the help of willing friends) taking lots of Rapunzel in the tower photos. Plus see if I can get all my hair toys in my hair at one time :))