PDA

View Full Version : Another hairtyping thread (pic heavy)

morecowbell
March 1st, 2011, 08:48 AM
Hey guys :blossom:
Please indulge me for a moment, I could use some new eyes here. :)

I have had a huge difficulty typing my hair because it seems to change constantly, and is also pretty damaged.
I settled on 1b because the 'waves' I get when I leave my hair untouched don't really form any kind of shape, they just sort of separate and clump together if I don't brush my hair for a few hours. :)

This one is washed with shampoo, no conditioner, no towel, and completely untouched until it dried:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z191/shroomynadia/hairtyping.jpg

Here is what it looks like washed with my normal routine but completely untouched (and slept on):
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z191/shroomynadia/hairtyping2.jpg

And here it is when brushed out (how I normally wear it) with Fox's shea butter conditioning cream added (shiny!) :)
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z191/shroomynadia/hennabefore.jpg

Thank you for any and all help/advice! I'm looking forward to hearing what other's think it could be! :)

Cheeks1206
March 1st, 2011, 09:30 AM
My guess is 1b, but I have a hard time distinguishing between the 1s sometimes.

smrider
March 1st, 2011, 09:33 AM
Looks very similar to my texture and I claim 1b/1c

Rosalaun
March 1st, 2011, 10:56 AM
I would put yours as 1b/c also - I'm a 1c and when brushed, I have two loose waves, similar to your last picture but mine are 'stronger' waves with more angles to them than yours xD

krissykins
March 1st, 2011, 11:22 AM
1b/1c for sure. :) What a lovely hair color! Are you a henna head? :p

pepperminttea
March 1st, 2011, 11:42 AM
Another for 1b/1c; there's definitely a few stretched s-waves in there. :)

torrilin
March 1st, 2011, 12:19 PM
Might be a full on 1c, might be 1b. Definitely not 1a.

Damage can make some hair appear curlier, and it can make hair appear straighter. I'm in a similar position type-wise, and atm I'm typing myself as 1b. I figure in a few years, it'll be clearer what the "right" type is, and in the meantime 1b isn't badly wrong.

morecowbell
March 1st, 2011, 05:34 PM
Thank you all for your replies :D I'm grateful to be getting other's opinions/votes/what have you. :)

1b/1c for sure. :) What a lovely hair color! Are you a henna head? :p
Thank you! :) Yes, I sure am a henna head (and probably will be for life)!

Might be a full on 1c, might be 1b. Definitely not 1a.

Damage can make some hair appear curlier, and it can make hair appear straighter. I'm in a similar position type-wise, and atm I'm typing myself as 1b. I figure in a few years, it'll be clearer what the "right" type is, and in the meantime 1b isn't badly wrong.

That is exactly what I've been thinking since I joined LHC! High five for great minds thinking alike ;)

morecowbell
March 2nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Haha, this is a shameless bump and I don't care ;)

It seems like the consensus for the most part is 1b/1c? Anybody disagree with that? The visual hairtyping guide is still down, so that resource is out for now.

Lol, I went three days without brushing my hair at all (only finger combing) and my mane sure was not happy! Tangled, dry, frizzy, clumpy, bendy mess! :o

vanillabones
March 2nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
I would say 1b :) but I am not as experienced as others in the hair typing.