PDA

View Full Version : hi. New Here... best hair diet question

supernatural
February 28th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone... I am a newbie here. Glad to have found this amazing group of people who are as excited/worried/paranoid/obsessed with hair - as i am. :)

Little background... I had lovely hair as a teenager. I happened to go on a crash dieting spree couple of times around 16-17 yrs of age, and lost lot of hair. My hair have since been stable at current levels for more than a decade now. Only problem is that i lose hair everytime i do not pay attention to nutrition. (which means i need to eat more than i can get myself to burn.. lol)

Anyway, wanted to check with you about your best 'hair' nutrition tips... something you eat or drink that goes a long way in improving hair growth, thickness and quality.

Thanks... :)

krissykins
February 28th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Hello! :waving: Welcome to LHC.

As for the best diet/nutrition tips, I would make sure that your diet is balanced. That is the key factor. As long as your body is getting the sufficient amount of vitamins and nutrients, your hair will be in maximum health and growth should pick up a bit ;)

We have a few threads floating around here about health/nutrition/vitamin supplements. I would suggest using the search function to track those down.

I hope I helped, and again, welcome to LHC!

Coriander
February 28th, 2011, 10:13 PM
If you go up to the Search function and type in "diet", "nutrition", "vitamins", etc. and then click on "Search titles only", you will receive a ton of wonderful threads started about the same topic. :)

mustpannkook
February 28th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Welcome to LHC!

As for diet, I recommend eating lots of nuts and fruits to get minerals and vitamins. It works for me!

Yozhik
March 1st, 2011, 12:45 AM
Welcome to LHC! :flower:

I'd also recommend eating fish, in addition to nuts. Foods with healthy oils are really beneficial for hair, as are avocados and eggs. :)

supernatural
March 1st, 2011, 01:15 AM
Krissykins, Coriander... thanks. i will look the old threads up.

mustpannkook, yozhik... thnx. I love all of these, except fruit. Need to condition my brain :(

arc691
March 1st, 2011, 01:38 AM
http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/terryandjody/More%20Smilies/helloblinkie.gif

Hi and welcome to the forum!

My healthy-hair secret~ eat a spoonful of peanut butter every day! It really works! My hair grows quicker, is thicker, and longer when I stay on the spoonful-of-peanut-butter per day routine.

krissykins
March 1st, 2011, 11:18 AM
Krissykins, Coriander... thanks. i will look the old threads up.

mustpannkook, yozhik... thnx. I love all of these, except fruit. Need to condition my brain :(

Fruit isn't so bad if you don't think about how much you don't like fruit. Let the conditioning begin :D

sakuraemily
March 1st, 2011, 11:43 AM
Here are some things I have learnt from research and observation.
Make sure you get a little more of each nutrient than daily RDA.
For that drink a glass of carrot juice everyday, eat nuts.
I read that one should eat five portions of fruit everyday. You can google how much one portion is.
Fish is good 4 hair.
Some people swear by biotin but I don't know about that.
Google 'eating for good hair' and then diversify and look around. You'll find a lot.

sakuraemily
March 1st, 2011, 11:46 AM
I f you don't like fruit, juice it. I don't like it either and by juicing it gets over in like 5 secs but eating goes on for such a long time I can't endure it.

Anje
March 1st, 2011, 01:52 PM
There are all sorts of suggestions about hair super-foods and whatnot, but the simple answer is that hair really reflects your overall health and nutrition. If something is missing from your diet, your hair will eventually suffer. If you keep it balanced and keep your body healthy, your hair will at least start out at its best.

error
March 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM
Hi ! welcome to the lhc with all your haircair needs :-> haha

2peasinapod
March 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Make sure you get all your vitamins and eat enough protein. What is it about fruit you don't like? If it's the taste, have you tried smoothies?

Do you like vegetables? If you do, you can always try green smoothies. My personal recipe is, 1/2 of a banana (or a whole one, if it's small;)), 1 1/2 cup greens (I like spinach and collard greens), and about 1/2 cup of fruit (I usually use 1/2 apple, one small apple, or a handful of berries). You can also use 1/2 of an avocado instead of a banana. Put everything in a blender and pour in enough water to cover everything. Blend and drink with lots of ice.

It looks like something a martian would drink, but it's really tasty, and if you just use an apple, you don't really taste the fruit at all. You can also do little things like put raisins in salads or a little bit of berries in pancakes.

I also take a multivitamin everyday. Good luck finding what works best for you!