PDA

View Full Version : What are your worst "hair urges"?

goldcopperbrown
February 28th, 2011, 07:17 PM
A hair urge to me is when you have an urge to do something to your hair that in the long run would not be a good idea.

Mine:

1.) cut a short bob with angled bangs

2.) dye it dark golden blonde

Other than those two, I listen to most of my hair urges...since usually they are just about dying it different shades of brown

LisaMonster
February 28th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I get urges to buzz... way too often.

1hunky5monkeys
February 28th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I haven't had an urge in about 3 years now.

I learned my lesson after the great perm of 2008!!

:silly:

Kat Girl
February 28th, 2011, 07:48 PM
My urge is to cut my hair to about chin length to finish getting the last of the dye (from badly damaged highlights) out of it. I already cut out my layers and that brought me up to APL. I was glad to get rid of that much damage and get a healthy hemline, but am having a problem with the length, which is way too short for me. How much more would I freak out if I was at chin length?

RadiantNeedle
February 28th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Shaving it all off, and bleaching more streaks while dying the rest red with chemical dyes >.<'

BrightEyes
February 28th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Whenever my hair gets to SL or a bit longer I get so frustrated with the crazy flips and kinks and want to chop. Unfortunately I've given in way too many times (last time was a week ago:().

I'm determined this time to get past that awkward length, even if I have to put my hair up everyday and forget about it.

GrowingGlory
February 28th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Shaving it off, cutting it back to collarbone length, using products that are "just a little bit drying".

Becky Safari
February 28th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Dying it red

Cutting it to shoulder length

Re-cutting bangs (again and again)

Straightening/curling with heat

wvgemini
February 28th, 2011, 08:06 PM
going crazy with highlights
dye the whole thing blonde
not too much else really :)

insomniac-uk
February 28th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Cut it short and dye it blue again :)

PraiseCheeses
February 28th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I'm really tempted to either highlight my hair or dye it coppery with henna, but I know I'll hate myself for it at some point and have to grow it out - and I'm not ever growing out color again. :)

The other thing I would love to do is shave my head or get a pixie cut. Just once. I've never had hair shorter than chin length and wonder how a pixie would look on me - and I'd love to start over with 100% LHC hair.

Hang in there, Brighteyes! :cheer: From your avatar, looks like you are getting close!

Lianna
February 28th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Flat iron.

katienoonan
February 28th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Doing THIS again :(

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/39155_415755981554_505191554_5303402_4200182_n.jpg

Or THIS :confused:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2290/72/22/505191554/n505191554_1880303_3391.jpg

At the length it is... and the colour and condition... I'm losing faith in my kinder healthier ways!

When i dyed it it always LOOKED good... even if it was very unhealthy... it always shined! And when i straightened it it looked so much longer and prettier...

Now i'm being very nice to it... it just looks like this :silly:

Angeletti
February 28th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Cutting it all to hip so I can get rid of the fairytale ends and have a blunt hemline would probably be the biggest urge I get every now and then. The second urge I get sometimes is to bleach small pieces so I can use manic panic and add fun colors.

lacefrost
February 28th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Bleaching and dying it purple. Bleaching and dying it red. Straightening.

I really want to change my hair color. BAD. And it's too dark to do it without bleaching.

.rabbit.
February 28th, 2011, 08:33 PM
To cut it all off! cuz I dislike it, so.

nena_shawty
February 28th, 2011, 08:36 PM
my urge is to straighten my hair.. and another is to get layers again
when i finally got it one layer
i never straighten my hair .. well i do my bangs but those i get trimmed so i dont feel bad about putting heat on them..
and last is getting my hair dyed black with chemical.. umm i dont know if this is the right word but my hair is virgin hair never been dyed before... i am goin to henna my hair one day tho or indigo

Meechiru
February 28th, 2011, 08:37 PM
The worst two which I can think of are:

Cut it all off to try a shorter hairstyle again (get the urge once ever couple of years, I usually ignore it)
Brush it super hard to get rid of really nasty tangles (which I give in to frequently because I am impatient :()

vanillabones
February 28th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Urge right now is to buzz. And my constant urges atm are to keep triming it to get it even, which I will continue to keep trying to do, even if it stays short. I want it even all over, no layers, no ifs ands or buts :/ they drive me mental. Is it so much to get to even at shoulders? :( Could take me a year!!

owlathena
February 28th, 2011, 08:39 PM
1.cutting bangs
2.trimming(I took 2.5in off two days ago to get rid of the worst of my layers and I really regret losing the length)
3.straightening and blowfrying (I haven't done it in a year or so though...I gave all my hot tools away so I wouldn't have the option)

teela1978
February 28th, 2011, 08:42 PM
1) Cutting in a bob (it looks quite nice on me, but I can't ever keep up with the trims), I never make it past the 2 day mark so following the '2 week rule' fixes that.

2) Dying over all the gray. I still hate dying more than I hate my grays... but some days its a close thing.

BrightEyes
February 28th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Hang in there, Brighteyes! :cheer: From your avatar, looks like you are getting close!

Awww, thank you!:) I love the support and motivation I get from this place. The LHC is awesome!!!

I feel like I've been stuck in this stupid inverted bob cut forever!!!

Dars
February 28th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Trimming unnecessarily, S&D'ing (scissor happy), straightening it all over, using a towel on it.

Smile4Kiki
February 28th, 2011, 08:59 PM
-Lately I've had the urge to wear it down since I am doing the wear hair up for 30 days challenge.

-I want bangs again after finally growing them. The 2 week rule is in effect as we speak.

-If I see someone with a trendy short cut I automatically want one too. But then I remember that shorts cuts stay trendy for.. ohh about 3 1/2 weeks and then it looks like a mullet sooo I'll stick to my sl soon to be apl hair, thank you very much!

I used to get the straightening urge often until I got my caruso rollers so now I can have styled and damage free in like 10 minutes.

nucleardelusion
February 28th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Since I already did the short and cute haircuts a ton for a couple years in high school, my main urge is to dye crazy colors again. I miss neon red :( purple is right up there too.

CaityBear
February 28th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Use certain "miracle" products. I like trying out products but I'm trying to use mostly homemade and things that aren't full of chemicals.

And cutting it to chin length recently. Growth has been super slow in the last year and I have been saying that once it gets to knee length then I will grow out some henna, cut it to chin length, grow out all the henna THEN grow it again to keep. But it's so slow I'm tempted to just cut it to chin length now. BUT on the other hand I'm not ready for short hair again. haha

That's mostly it I guess? I don't have too many hair urges.

krissykins
February 28th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Straightening it. But those urges are few and far between.

aznchck14
February 28th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Blow frying and straightening. Especially because now that I've stopped my hair just looks shorter to me and doesn't frame my face as nicely.

mellie89
February 28th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I have been thinking about chopping it all off into a pixie for WAY too long now. I just want to know what it would look like! It doesn't hurt that there are all these celebrities running around with adorable pixie cuts.

I am so tempted to start henna-ing, too. I am pretty sure I'd regret that one, though. I really do like my natural color, and I JUST got rid of the last of my bleach damage. Maybe I can enjoy my natural color for a while, then henna, then chop it all off? :p

Judging by this thread, I guess I have pretty common hair urges!

hazelnut
February 28th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I get the urge to cut mine because I'm so sick and tired of all of these stupid split ends! I want the damage hair gone already!!!

I also get the intense urge to dye my hair jet black...... definitely an urge that's growing stronger and stronger every day.

lillylonghair
February 28th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I also get the urge to cut off all the bleach damage and start over again with healthy virgin hair.

gthlvrmx
February 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM
the urge to let it down and not tie it up!~
to braid it like crazy!
to just play with it nonstop, this is why i bite my nails.

walterSCAN
February 28th, 2011, 10:10 PM
My only constantly recurring hair urge: PERM IT!

:headache: I know that it would most likely melt my hair, or at the least damage it way more than I could handle... which is why I've been denying this urge since about age 7... but I love my hair curly SO much and so desperately want it to be that way all the time! :sad

Ugh. Must not perm. Must not perm. It would be BAD. I just keep repeating it... :shake:

HintOfMint
February 28th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Cutting a pixie. I KNOW I would hate it. I KNOW I would instantly regret it.

... but I still want one.

Cirafly24
March 1st, 2011, 12:06 AM
I get the urge to dye it black. I have to keep reminding myself that I love my natural color, and that my hair will be so much happier without dye.

LotusFIre
March 1st, 2011, 12:24 AM
I want to:
color my hair all kinds of colors, anything but what I have!
brush it when its wet(but I bought a good detangling comb from Sally's today so I wont any more)
cut it (BUT I WON'T!!)

It's just hard to be patient, I am used to changing up my hair a lot, but growing it long IS a change, I keep reminding myself, I haven't had it long since I was 9! It's just not an instantaneous change like cutting or coloring.
Buying new products is helping the itch for change though.

Debra83
March 1st, 2011, 01:43 AM
Dying is blond. That's a hard one for me, but haven't done it since 2008.

alwayssmiling
March 1st, 2011, 02:26 AM
Apart from flat ironing...S&Ding is my urge and addiction. I have a pair of scissors next to me all the time and at every spare opportunity I start snipping away. Its a habit like my hair twiddling. The problem is that I start to get carried away and snip ends that are just a bit bent or crinkled - after a few minutes I go crossed eyed and start imaging splits that aren't there. I think I have developed an unhealthy hatred/fear of split ends!

milagro
March 1st, 2011, 02:33 AM
Comb thoroughly with well, comb :) I don't resist it though as I wear my hair up most of the time so curl definition doesn't matter much and hair smoothness does. But I make sure to finger-comb before.

Ligeia_13
March 1st, 2011, 02:38 AM
Colouring. The worst part is, I gave into it all :p Bleach, then tomato red, then purple on top, then blue. Poor hair..

varintalonguard
March 1st, 2011, 03:09 AM
I haven't had this for a long time but getting it cut and colored like Akima from Titan A.E. I don't think anyone even remembers that movie anymore

Vorvolaka
March 1st, 2011, 04:10 AM
I get the urge to dye it bright colours. Which, at the moment, would require bleaching. If I can grow out my natural colour, I won't need to bleach.

Occasionally, I want to shave my head and start from the beginning. But not too often.

Kumiko033
March 1st, 2011, 11:34 AM
The urge to just shave it all off now, start fresh and have a bald summer

luxepiggy
March 1st, 2011, 11:40 AM
I think there's something wrong with me, because I seem to be the only person in the known world who never has any hair urges. Occasionally I feel the urge to deep condition or do a beer rinse, but I don't think those count for this particular exercise (^(oo)^)v

rosieex3
March 1st, 2011, 11:43 AM
~Cutting my hair to a little longer than shoulder length, to get rid of 90&#37; of damage from dying and hair color removers. All of that hair is so dry and the color is so brassy & patchy..it would be SO nice to just cut it all off.
~With that being said, another one is getting my damaged hair dyed closer to my natural color in a salon.
~A MAJOR one for me, is the urge to use a flat iron after I wash and dry it. I love straight hair, and I think straight hair is so flattering on me. & It makes my hair so much longer! Plus, I have a Chi flat iron which works so good. But I promised myself that I will not use it unless there is a MAJOR special occasion. And when my virgin hair is all grown out and healthy, I will occasionally flat iron.

11eleven
March 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
Wow I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who gets these silly almost irresistable urges to chop and bleach. I actually almost came close the other day to getting a bob. Thank goodness I didn't because I would have been crying so hard right now. I always tell myself to wait at least two months before I cut, so far this has worked. I really love my long hair so I'm not sure where these crazy urges come from.

BrightEyes7
March 1st, 2011, 12:12 PM
Bangs... I'm still trying to grow out the last set of bangs I had, but I always get an urge to cut them again.

Also to dye. I have been trying to grow out my natural color, just to see what it'd look like but I get the urge to dye way too much!

Photokissa
March 1st, 2011, 12:21 PM
1. Shave it and grow my virgin hair
2. Bleach is BRIGHT blond..even though this would be a truly hideous look on me.
3. Color it blackest black using hendigo...right now it's mid brown so it wouldn't be too much of a change.

Zefyra
March 1st, 2011, 12:32 PM
Bleach it all platinum blond. I really do wanna do this, but at the same time I know its bad.... (And DBFs sister gave me a tints of nature highlighting kit and I am sooooooo tempted to go use it... right now...)
Grow out my currently lightened hair and have that ombre look Ive been seeing a lot... I kinda like the look...
Start straightening it regularly again. I have straightened it a few times, but just the cowlicks that wouldnt lay flat at all....
Dye it red... I will at some point I think.. In a couple years when it long. Just semi though so it will fade...

chopandchange
March 1st, 2011, 12:35 PM
To angrily rip through it with a brush.

To just chop it all off, on days when it's just too thick and tangly and annoying. (NOT REALLY! I NEVER WOULD!)

Do those count?

Amelia
March 1st, 2011, 12:47 PM
To angrily rip through it with a brush.

To just chop it all off, on days when it's just too thick and tangly and annoying. (NOT REALLY! I NEVER WOULD!)

Do those count?

*bows down to you*

I *know* the feeling, be-lie-ve me. :justy:

Intransigentia
March 1st, 2011, 01:03 PM
Those vibrant reds from Henna Hut. I know they'd look fabulous on me, because I used to spend hundreds of dollars trying to achieve and maintain a cranberry-red with chemical dyes, and for the week or two that they stayed true, it was gorgeous.

BUT I also know that even if fading won't be such an issue, regrowth will be, and I don't want to commit to maintaining for years and years, or else have to grow it out and/or cut it off.

Ais
March 1st, 2011, 02:16 PM
Urges to just cut a foot off the length are becoming fairly regular.. I fantasise sometimes about just grabbing a scissors and cutting a huge hunk of hair off so I'd have to do it. But I will not give in &#172;&#172;
I also have this dream of cutting my hair pixie length and dyeing it blonde. But I put myself off my saying I'll grow to waist, maybe hip, maintain, and if I still want to do it.. Maybe :p I know I'm liable to change my mind as soon as I've done it, so it's a no go for a while yet.
Of course, the urge to heat style is more or less constant. It just looks so long when it's straight..

Rennire
March 1st, 2011, 02:21 PM
Black hair dye! It makes my eyes look so blue but it's too annoying to keep up with!

einna
March 1st, 2011, 03:16 PM
Cut to shoulder lenght to get rid of some layers and old dye (but would leave me triangle head, and my ends are in ok condition).

Touch and twist my hair, espessially when its wet, for some reason.

Get subtle highlights.

virgo75
March 1st, 2011, 03:30 PM
On a daily basis: doing and re-doing my hair. I'm always playing in it and trying to fix it differently.

On a regular maybe weekly basis: I fight the urge to trim off "just an inch." I've been trimming off "just and inch" so much that I need to hide my scissors from myself so I can actually let my hair grow. lol

nazzooyzo
March 1st, 2011, 03:39 PM
usually that i want to dye it bright red... but that would involve bleach...

redwoman
March 1st, 2011, 03:41 PM
A spiral perm.

lapushka
March 1st, 2011, 04:24 PM
For almost 30 years, every time Spring started, I got the urge for something new, a change, which usually meant messing with my hair, getting a shorter style. It's the reason I didn't make it past BSL for years. There's been two exceptions to that habit. Once in my early twenties, when I started to use henna instead of getting it cut, and actually appreciated the length for once (I felt very feminine then). And in recent years, due to a bunch of circumstances that made me have to ignore my hair. It's WL now, yay. The longer my hair gets, the less that "urge" bothers me, I have to say. :D

cariboo
March 1st, 2011, 04:31 PM
erm... buzz-cutting, idiotic dye choices (both of which I've indulged more than once...) and - rather prosaic but most regularly - straightening, which I *know* will wreck my hair, but does make it so lovely and flat :)

Honestly, LHC has really helped me keep my hair! I appreciate it much more than I used to, just the way it is :)

BabyRay33
March 1st, 2011, 05:04 PM
I'm really tempted to either highlight my hair or dye it coppery with henna, but I know I'll hate myself for it at some point and have to grow it out - and I'm not ever growing out color again. :)

The other thing I would love to do is shave my head or get a pixie cut. Just once. I've never had hair shorter than chin length and wonder how a pixie would look on me - and I'd love to start over with 100% LHC hair.

I am tempted to do the same thing....some voice in my head tells me to dye my dark blonde light brown hair, because that is what I have been doing since I was 13!

But I know that my haircolor will be awesome when I grow out all the dye and have BSL dark bonde hair- instead of growing out some other color.

kanzer
March 1st, 2011, 06:51 PM
- Cutting it to shoulder length to get rid of damage
- Ripping it all out, strand by strand, then lighting it on fire and dancing on it while laughing manically (I only feel this way on very bad days, luckily)
- Dyeing it red or brown
- Getting highlights
- On a daily basis: straightening it or blow-drying it straight

JUST. SAY. NO!

Mesmerise
March 1st, 2011, 06:58 PM
To chop it all off and start again! But I have done this waaaay too many times (not always ALL off... but at some stage I often just chop to shoulder length or whatever then bloody grow it again...grr).

This time I just keep fantasizing about having long, healthy hip length hair and I remind myself that it's not so far away if I just keep growing it and looking after it!!!

jaderose
March 1st, 2011, 07:04 PM
currently resisting the urge to henna every weekend. As well as trimming

battles
March 1st, 2011, 07:06 PM
Chop it into a cute little pixie.. Or dye it some gorgeous red color.. but I don't want to deal with roots or growing the dye out when I get sick of it.

teela1978
March 1st, 2011, 07:10 PM
~Cutting my hair to a little longer than shoulder length, to get rid of 90% of damage from dying and hair color removers. All of that hair is so dry and the color is so brassy & patchy..it would be SO nice to just cut it all off.

I did this... and while not for everyone, I was thrilled when the last of that brassy two-toned hair was gone. I was back to shoulder from BSL, but I didn't care!

silverstars
March 1st, 2011, 08:13 PM
I have been giving in to the urges to cut my hair to chin length for a few years. It took a lot of will to not chop it off when it got to that awkward just past SL.
Once, when I decided I wanted bright blond streaks (my hair is dark brown), I asked for big chunky ones....I looked like a zebra....:p

SeaPhoenix
March 1st, 2011, 09:12 PM
Worst hair urges are coloring and cutting. Both of which I've given in to many times. Think I'm doing tolerable on resisting cutting... but coloring? Yeah... not so much. Not unless I found a make-up brand that would work well for my skin. Then I could replace the need for hair color with creative make-up use.

lillylonghair
March 1st, 2011, 10:38 PM
Oh I forgot to add going blonde! I've always wanted to be blonde. Either a gwen stefani blonde or a natural cool blonde with lots of sandy, wheat tones and some vanila highlights around my face.

sweet&sourkiwi
March 1st, 2011, 10:45 PM
Washing it with SLS-shampoo, smoothing down with cones, adding product, fluffing up with the blowdryer, curling ironing (on high!) into Victoria's Secret hair with a little back-combing and a coating of hairspray, and then vavooming about all day and intimidating my boyfriend with lots of hair tossing.

Sigh...

Instead I am wearing it dirty and pulled plainly back into the saddest, smallest little bun of boring, in hopes that it will recover from the days when I did all of the above and not snap off, frizz out, and generally fritz out like it does now.

Malaguena
March 2nd, 2011, 06:48 AM
I really would like to chop my hair all to one length, but that would mean a weird upper-lip length bob. Sometimes I really want to buzz my hair and keep it that way, too. I'm all for the simple and easy routine, so this actual growing stage is a pain.

Silverdragn7385
March 2nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
I've been having the intense urge to cut my hair back into a bob and dye it again. Honestly, once I reach my goal length, I probably will cut it short again for a year or two. Then grow it out once again. :P

ohiofritty
March 2nd, 2011, 09:29 AM
Bangs + Highlights are my worst urges.

It doesn't help that I have this picture from my wedding day of me and DH on my desk in which I have absolutely perfect bangs.

I constantly have to remind myself that on any normal day, my bangs did NOT look like that.

The highlights urge has hit me now that I've got quite a bit of grey/white hair going on...I figure, I already have these grey/white streaks, why not lighten it all up, add some blondies?!?

Generally those two urges are bad for me mostly because I'm terrible with upkeep.
I need some lazy hair.

NouvelleNymphe2
March 2nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
It's just hard to be patient, I am used to changing up my hair a lot, but growing it long IS a change, I keep reminding myself, I haven't had it long since I was 9!

good point, haven't had long hair since i was quite young myself, but i'll definitely commit to being a long haired now that i'm older and can be patient:).

i am also someone who is always messing with her hair. i like to part it this way, then that way, then half up, okay all up. which is why i'm doing the "wear your hair up challenge" i'll start small with one month. i also often get the urge to even up. i'm growing out from pixie and have a lot of unevenness going on. but i stop myself because though it might be uneven it is all natural and healthy. i don't have ragged ends at any of the many layers and former bang lengths, and i would lose so much length. at this awkward in between chin and shoulder stage i'm not willing to part with the length because it is all healthy virgin length, albeit uneven. i also get the urge to try new things. i swear one week it's an avocado mask, then AVG, then raw butters, and a slew of oils...sure once ever couple of weeks is beneficial, and deep conditions well, but i just overkill. :rolleyes:

Phexlyn
March 2nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
1) Get a super cute pixie cut
2) Dye it some crazy rainbow colour (blue, green, purple, ...)

I'm glad I don't get these urges very often. I also have a more minor urge of cutting back to waist or even BSL to get rid of all the splits and thin ends.

Fethenwen
March 2nd, 2011, 10:09 AM
To dread my hair :thud: So far I'm glad I have managed to resist this urge.

Toffee20
March 2nd, 2011, 10:28 AM
To cut of my hair when its in a pony tail 'Mulan' style (if anyone has seen that disney film - when she decides to pretend to be a boy!)

to have it down all the time / straighten it (ridiculous as it is straight anyway!)

dyeing it crazy pretty colours..

Alvrodul
March 2nd, 2011, 11:08 AM
I have always wanted curls, and I think it is deeply unfair that my brother is the one who ended up with the wavy hair! So I kept buying curls - although they never looked good in my hair. My hair hates perms!
I also used to want highlights, or really pale blonde hair, even though the very pale hair is another thing that did not look good on me. Highlights can work, if they are not too light. Trouble is, my hair hates peroxide even worse than it hates perms.
Lessons learned - eventually.
These days, I am a hennahead, and looooove that!

tigerhearted
March 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Chop it to shoulder length and dye it blonde.

Or just dye it blonde and keep the length.

Get a Brazillian Blow-Out.

Rivanariko
March 2nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Cut off my braid. Just to see what happens.

More often and more tempting: just rip the brush through the stupid tangles instead of carefully separating them with my fingers. This has actually been a big issue for me lately, I've lost all desire to patiently care for my hair and just don't want to deal with it at all. My routine is already pretty minimalist/benign neglect. If I don't de-tangle daily, I end up with a giant wad of knots, so I'm just trying to push through.

Dye it BRIGHT PURPLE!

littlenvy
March 2nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
I don't have the urge to cut my hair ... yet. But I do get the urge to dye it again :rolleyes::rolleyes:
But the worst one I have is to scratch my scalp with my nails, HARD!
I try to be gentle and just massage it with the tips of my fingers; but once in a while I just go nuts on my scalp with my nails. :( Only feels good for 3 minutes or so and then the hair start to come out and the tangles have to be brushed out :rolleyes:

Siava
March 2nd, 2011, 02:10 PM
I get the urge to flat iron.

ChatNoir
March 2nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
I get the urge to shave it all off because I'm so tired of the shedding...

lara grace
March 2nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Urges to dye it bright coppery orange.... I know I will give in!

Avital88
March 2nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Dye it :) Blond, black whatever i feel like
Straightening it really straight :D today i pulled my hair straight and its like 2inches longer then and i loved it

Dark Queen
March 2nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Color it a darker black or blue-black. I won't really do it, though:shrug:

Clarita
March 3rd, 2011, 06:36 AM
I get the urge to henna again even though I've spent the past 2 years growing it out and trimming it off. :(

leandrahime
March 10th, 2011, 05:32 PM
To dye it rainbow. I'm not kidding.

Something like this: http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/RainbowSkellington/Rainbow/6197944337.jpg

I don't care of it's Photoshopped or not, I love it!

Pumpkin
March 12th, 2011, 08:20 AM
My worst 'hair urge' is to get rid of my two toned hair. My 5 inches of virgin roots are level 5 ash brown and my ends are my formerly dyed level 6 copper red. It is actually blending well, but sometimes I just get the urge to plop a level 5 ash brown dye on my head to even out the color.

Just this morning I was debating with myself again about doing this, but I resisted. I am just going to leave my hair alone and let it grow. I know that all I would be doing is, more than likely, damage my hair. So, I will just wear my updos and forget about it. :)

moonlight
March 12th, 2011, 08:54 AM
To dread my hair :thud: So far I'm glad I have managed to resist this urge.
Me too!
Long dreads are so beautiful *sigh*

nazzooyzo
March 12th, 2011, 09:00 AM

Something like this: http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/RainbowSkellington/Rainbow/6197944337.jpg

thats so cool!

schweedie
March 12th, 2011, 09:12 AM

Oh, awesome!

I go back and forth between wanting to dye it a coppery red or getting highlights - I know I'd regret both in not too long, but it'd look so pretty for a while!

I get the urge to use my curling iron sometimes, too. I love curls. Though I haven't given into that urge in almost a year.

SwordWomanRiona
March 12th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Curling it (I'm an 1a, you can understand the urge to change...)
Dying it red

jaderose
March 12th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Henna, henna, henna, and more henna. Curious to see how red I can get it, but reading stories of people trying to lighten henna have me trying to resist the urge to henna weekly or even daily sometimes.

Blow drying or using a straightener or curling iron.

wavykisses
March 12th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Cut the damage out
use a seam brush and just strip through the knots
leave it down (which I don't do because of the damage)

UltraBella
March 12th, 2011, 11:14 AM
My biggest urge is to cut it to shoulder length but I know I would be mad at myself later.

dmitri
March 12th, 2011, 11:15 AM
My worst (most persistent) is probably to cut out the damage at the ends. But I really want to reach goal before I trim again (last trim was July '10 to even up the length some).

But on really bad days, if I have a lot of tangles or frizz -- I want to cut it all off and start over with better care from the beginning. The old "if I knew then what I know now" thing.

GrowingGlory
March 12th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Oh, yeah, Dmitri, exactly. But since I can't decide about a haircut I keep waiting for two weeks.

tinywife
March 12th, 2011, 11:27 AM
To cut it shorter to lose the layers. Once I do, I'm tempted to get extensions to mask that it's short.

FluffSpider
March 12th, 2011, 11:43 AM
1 Cut 4 inches and layers begone
2.Cut to SL Weighed so little back then...
3. Bleach out henna
4. Henndigo
5.TRIM! I get the urge to trim so often I virtually gained NO length since last year.. The hem's just WAY thicker so it looks longer.
6Cut into a pixie and grow henna out
7Let henna overnight so I can see how red it goes
8. LAYERS
9. DEATHHAWK
10. Slap on some chemical dye over henna
11. Put shaving cream on my splits to see if they melt
12. Thin it, and go all punky on it

I think that pretty much sums it up.
OOH!
13. Rip with a comb through it.

Lola19
March 12th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I would love to cut it to a pixie and start fresh with no color. When I was little my hair was a golden light brown, but I've been coloring it since I was 15. I have noooo idea what my color is now.

silverjen
March 13th, 2011, 06:04 PM
To cut back to a chin-length bob. I used to get urges to shave it, so that's an improvement I guess!

I get "the urge" every spring, and I'm feeling it now. Weirdly in the summer when it gets so hot and humid here, and heavy hair is a burden, I don't want to cut at all. It's actually helping, to think ahead, and put myself in a summer frame of mind. Mentally I'm walking down the street under the tall oak trees, and it's 90F out with 90&#37; humidity... When summer comes I'm going to be very glad I didn't cut.

myrrhmaiden
March 13th, 2011, 06:22 PM
The urge for color. Always the urge for color.

Most recurring is very light ash blonde, like when I was young. Then I remember how hard it is to achieve and maintain and I relax a little.

skyblue
March 13th, 2011, 06:24 PM
sometimes I get the urge to cut it back to waist just to even it up and have a nice thick hem but
I talk myself out of it, it's never been this long! So I hid my scissors hahaha!

californiagirl
March 13th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Going for a pixie. But I should know better. I had a couple pixies growing up. And man, did they look horrible...

kitmarlow
March 13th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I want to go Lucille Ball red. Constantly style it into seriously damaging 40s/50s hairstyles (using the quick heated ways, not the ways that I do use to style it frequently). Cut it into a pixie. Get a perm. Go white blonde. Cut pixie bangs.

Yep. Hollywood glamour girl checking in! And resisting! Modern Hollywood styles are all long. Must. Get. Longer. And must remember that I look adorably fashionable with a french twist.

Finnenna
March 13th, 2011, 06:35 PM
The blow dryer is my nemesis - I want to be in and out and done quickly. My hair just isn't long enough yet to put up.

christine1989
March 13th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I'm often tempted to put just a bit of dye in my faded ends to make it match my normal color. I'm also tempted to wear my hair in that "messy bun with ends sticking out" style even though I know it will make my ends even more reddish.

Pantsless Amy
March 13th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I'm often tempted to sacrifice length to get a thicker hemline. I used to dye my hair black and I've sworn off dying my hair black anymore. It has taken forever to get the black out of my hair. But I looked good with black hair. I miss it. Every once in a while I am overwhelmed with the urge to dye it black again. A trip to the store and twenty minutes later I could be infinitely sexier with raven dark hair *sigh* I miss my sexy black hair.

Grejs
March 14th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Dying it or cutting my fringe shorter.

It isn't often I'm actually happy with my hair, I always want something done with it. If it is short I wan't it long, if I colour it red I want it to be blond... etc etc. :rolleyes:

LadyCelestina
March 14th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Currently I have a strange urge to dye it a chestnut brown colour.Or that nice purple it had been! ...I know I won´t be happy with it for a long time,but I have a really strong urge to do so...
Other than that,I also would like to bleach and then dye with henna.To get a copper colour,or a striking red-red!

hayesa
March 14th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I would like very much to shave it, and go very, very short. I also get the urge to henna it to a very, very bright red colour.
On a day to day basis- I'd love to be able to heat style without the damage I get from it. When I've had it done by a professional, my hair looks lovely, but when I use heat, all I get is splits and dryness and breaking/shedding. I'm very envious of those that manage to avoid it. :)

RitaPG
March 14th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Purple, red or black dye.

RitaCeleste
March 14th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Oh, I love to dye it unnatural colors like bright red, black cherry etc. I have two colors of red and one of brown I very much want to use. My SO says he won't be seen with me if I dye it blue. I really want blue hair. I'm 37 and way too old go dye it blue. But I've always wanted to have it as unnatural as possible and still look the kids' teachers in the eyes. I already messed it up some with dye but I seem to still be a junkie for it. My SO would like to see it a nice boring brown again for a change. So I bought a brown and some color stripper for when I can't stand it any more.

Hiriel
March 14th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Henna. I do think it would probably look nice on me, but I know that henna is pretty much for ever, and if I ever wanted to go back, I'd have to grow out a two-toned head of hair.

I'd like to colour my hair in a crazy colour temporarily, but my hair is dark enough that that would require bleaching, which is hardly temporary. I swear, when I go grey, I'll get out the Manic Panic and dye my hair purple ;)

DuckyDot
March 14th, 2011, 01:48 PM
cut it back to chin! I loved my hair like that! And dye with henna!

ladydiane818
March 14th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I always have an urge to try to dye my hair blonde, which is a really bad idea, since I'm half Asian and it would damage my hair so very much!

I'd say that I have the urge to cut it, but my hair is already really short!

LovingLongHair
March 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Cut it off short (like a bob). Or get red streaks (why? I'll never know). But I'm gonna stick with my au naturale color and current length and resist! :)

Lynda
March 14th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz:cheese:

Seriously

NotInPortland
March 14th, 2011, 07:27 PM
To get my side fringe cut back in...I really liked it...when it was freshly washed and straightened. After a while it usually ended up looking awful and especially if I was on a night out in a pub or a club because it would be so hot and my forehead always gets sweaty so it looked awful then. And sometimes it just didn't cooperate... It's still growing out now but every now and then I get a really big urge to get it cut back in because when it was nice and straight it looked really nice!

Earelia
March 14th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I have a serious urge to bleach the hell out of my hair and dye it all kinds of funky colors like I used to when I was in high school. But I know it would die if I did that. :(

I also keep wanting to dread my hair up again but I know I'll regret it because it's not nearly as long as I'd like it to be.

CiannaitTrozel
March 14th, 2011, 10:47 PM
My biggest is straightening it. I'm 20 and when I let the natural curls go I look 12. Straight hair always makes me look a little more sultry and my age for sure.

Aleria
March 15th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Keeping my turquoise through the summer, despite really needing to dye it a natural colour to get a job.

Slinks
March 15th, 2011, 03:51 AM
No urges .. just enjoying this thread :-)

Slinks
March 15th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Now i'm being very nice to it... it just looks like this :silly:

lol, lmao !!!

Slinks
March 15th, 2011, 03:59 AM

I agree, hang in there, it'll grow out :-)

Slinks
March 15th, 2011, 04:04 AM
Maybe I can enjoy my natural color for a while, then henna, then chop it all off? :p

lol :-) that's funny !!

Slinks
March 15th, 2011, 04:17 AM
I think there's something wrong with me, because I seem to be the only person in the known world who never has any hair urges. Occasionally I feel the urge to deep condition or do a beer rinse, but I don't think those count for this particular exercise (^(oo)^)v

I'm with you !! urges to oil, condition, bun up in stix :-)

Mesmerise
March 15th, 2011, 04:25 AM
When I get really annoyed, I just want to cut it all off and start again!!! I think about starting with virgin hair (henna only), taking all my hair vitamins, treating it well etc. etc. and then I realize that I'd just regret it if I DID cut it, and it will take just as long to get long henna only hair as it would without cutting, and without cutting I still get to have long hair... even if it's not as healthy as I'd like.

I usually just put my hair up and do my darndest not to THINK about it!! I'm glad that my only colour urge is RED cause I use henna for that and it's all good (although sometimes I wanna go blonde... pfft... not gonna happen).

Neneka
March 15th, 2011, 05:54 AM
I gave up to my worst urge and went from BSL to pixie! No regrets because almost all that hair was very damaged.

Now I have an urge to dye it purple...

et--cetera
March 16th, 2011, 11:55 AM
bangs, thick and full.

turtlelover
March 16th, 2011, 09:22 PM
cutting in the summer when I'm hot and sweaty w/ wet hair sticking to my neck!

AnnaJamila
March 16th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Using a curling iron! Lol, I love curls but rag curling takes sooooooooo long!

akuamoonmaui
March 16th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Right now? Not cutting (no trims in 2011)..... Thank goodness for the woman behind the counter. She said my hair was lovely and did I have it cut today! (It hasn't been cut since Dec.) Bless her.

Signe
March 16th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Conditioning, for the smell and slip! (I recently went WO)

Signe
March 16th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Oh yeah...forgot about blowdrying on hot! It feels soooooo good in my drafty old flat when my hair is soaked and I'm freezing!

SouthernBelleUS
March 16th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Tempted to:

1. Dye it blonde so my hair looks like JJJs~
2. Cut to shoulder length with bangs
3. Henna

Virgin hair to waist so far--NOT TOUCHING IT! Think of the time it took to get it to where it is! Hands off here! Put the scissors & dye down & slowly back away....

SouthernBelleUS
March 16th, 2011, 10:10 PM
OH! And also when trimming I ALWAYS think one side is longer than the other & to even it up, I have to go chop chop chop! Then I still don't feel like it's even/cut well. I've lost so many inches to this BAD practice. I have to just trim it & FORGET ABOUT IT!!~~~~~~

missoj
April 2nd, 2011, 06:34 AM
I have the urge to dye or cut my hair every three months. At the moment I haven't done anything to it since october 2010 but right now i'm really considering cutting my fringe which I have been growing out.

Oksana
April 2nd, 2011, 07:08 AM
Dying it dark ash brown again. But since going through the horrible transition back to blonde twice last year and still not back as light as my natural colour, i refuse to let myself do it again in the foreseeable future!

CurlAhead
April 2nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Get a sidecut........ :D It will look good for one month, then I would have to shave it all my life or look like, oh I don't know, long hair on one side and curly 3c-shortshort hair on the other... I think not. But it would be fun though, but I have learned to not do things impulsively!

Celtic Morla
April 2nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Mine is to dye my roots blond so they match the rest of my hair! It comes out grey and turns blond!!UGH!!!

telegraph64
April 2nd, 2011, 11:00 AM
My worst hair urges are to cut it short (shoulder, chin) when I get very angry at how it's behaving or how slow it grows.
But then I go to LHC and look at all the gorgeous long hair and remember who I am and how badly I want the knee length hair of which, a short period of time ago, I was frequently accidentally sitting on. :)

phobsftw
April 2nd, 2011, 11:15 AM
Just to cut it all off again. But I usually ignore my hair.

talecon
April 2nd, 2011, 11:27 AM
to dye my hair. I dye my hair wayyy to much. :o

MoonlightShadow
April 2nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
-to flat iron my hair every week
-dye my hair purple or red
-cut it back to shoulder length
-using gel to make it stay down
-raking the comb through my hair when i get tired of detangling
-put shampoo all over my hair when washing
-using the hair dryer to make it dry faster
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Chamy
April 2nd, 2011, 12:08 PM
I usually dont have hair urges, but if i do they last about 10 seconds before i take a hold on myself and forgets about it.
Mine include
1. Colouring my hair darker, i used to do this when i was 13-18 and i LOVED it, it made me look soo exotic with my yellow-green eyes.
2. Shave my head bald and bleach it white-blonde.
3. Cut it all one length, which right now would be about APL.
4. Cut a high-fashion straight thick bang right below my eyebrows

MissManda
April 2nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
My worst hair urge?

Cutting back to BSL or APL to get rid of what's left of my layers/bangs. I have actually written a pros/cons list/cost/benefit list that I force myself to read whenever I get the urge. Usually doing my monthly dusting is enough to get my patience back.

MissCoco
April 2nd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Oiling. I love it too much. :p

Angeldances
April 2nd, 2011, 06:16 PM
To wear it down all the time!

ooo
April 2nd, 2011, 06:37 PM
To colour my hair. Well I gave in.
To cut, did not give in. Won't give in.

IcarusBride
April 2nd, 2011, 08:46 PM
For me it's just the temptation to cut the inch or two of thin and damaged/dry/velcro-y ends.
I ocassionally consider going blonde, as well, but never very seriously.

pennyroyal
April 3rd, 2011, 12:40 AM
To dreadlock my hair. Or to cut it all off & bleach it so i can color it a bunch of cool colors, namely blue. But i am not gonna do it! I will resist the urges & grow beautifully henna'ed knee length hairs. :)

AndreaPetrea
April 3rd, 2011, 01:41 AM
Mine is to colour my hair. My natural hair colour is this "neither-blonde-nor-brown".

But I never dyed my hair before, and I don't think I will (even though I already bought two boxes of dye).

Curly_jas
April 3rd, 2011, 05:08 AM
I don't have many any more :cheese:...main one I do have though is to cut off the last bit of chemical/heat damage I have left.

When I'm bored i think maybe I should straighten it but don't as I've realised i really don't like it straight any more :O

When walking past the hair dye section in shops I often glance at them but keep walking as I've finally taken on board that none will work on my jet black hair unless I bleach it first. I won't make that mistake again, as it caused me to have to chop to CHIN length ( my shortest length ever) last august :( I've learnt my lesson, I'm staying away from hot tools, scissor happy stylists and hair dyes :D

thelittleredfox
April 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Every now and then I think a fringe would be a good idea.

Normally I resist or just have a few chin length strands cut in, but last August I went the whole hog and had a proper fringe cut. I hated it and it is only just starting to grow out - it is now chin length. I have classic length hair so it is a hair urge I am going to have to live with for a long time :(

rchorr
April 3rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
I've had 2 fairly major surgeries in the past year. My hair just makes me want to cry. There was one day I was running through the house looking for scissors to just "hack it all off!" My husband and daughter both talked me down.

Sometimes, it's hard to deal with the fact that my hair just isn't what it used to be.

RCHORR'

constancev18
April 3rd, 2011, 05:50 PM
Dye all the grey--this would be a mistake bc there would be some overlap.
Cut the last 4 inches--this would be a mistake bc I always get split ends after cutting. And I would be demoralized with it that much shorter & probably stop babying it.

AshNight1214
April 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
I got this for the first time a couple days ago!! I had this sudden urge to just chop off all my hair - like to shoulder or shorter! I was terrified! Avoided scissors the rest of the day...

skyblue
April 3rd, 2011, 07:14 PM
Oh gosh right now I have to hide the scissors I have this terrible urge to cut 3 or 4 inches off to finally get it even once and for all! I have to sit on my hands too!

annsue83
April 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
My worst urge is to cut my hair into a new layered style when i see one on someone else ......and then ending up having to grow it all out cause the ends looks waaaay too thin!!

long&blonde
April 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
Just when I've made it solidly to waist length: I start envying Pixies!

Considering front layers,starting at lower lip length. That isn't the worst part of this urge for me; worst part is when I follow my urge into the upscale-ish salon I go to (when I go), ask for the stylist I trust, and then Bolt out of the salon before he comes out to see me. Knowing full well if I do get a future trim, salon color or layers: I will return to same salon I've now ran out of; three times.

elbow chic
April 3rd, 2011, 09:21 PM
Excess washing-- I LOVE the feeling of freshly-washed hair and if it weren't for the damage angle I would do it at least five days a week. I'm trying hard to cut back to twice a week, though.

Blow drying-- I quit this dirty habit years ago but sometimes I still crave a couple hits off the old hot pipe. :D

ladyveg
April 3rd, 2011, 09:53 PM
To cut my hair back to shoulder length, the length of my shortest layers, this would also get rid of a lot of the perm I got last August. (*shame*)

Latte Lady
April 3rd, 2011, 10:05 PM
Dying it. Just for the fun of it. Problem is, that with my hair that moment of fun will last ages!

claviculanoctis
April 4th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Sitting in class with my hair down my chest *don't look down, don't look down*
"Man, look at those splits." -pulls them apart-

BAAAD URGE. If I start it. I sometimes wish I had scissors with me at all time! But public grooming isn't very attractive...

PolarCathy
April 4th, 2011, 06:54 AM
To trim often, and also trim several inches every summer when the ends get lighter brown because of the sun/wind... I drive the car with the windows (and my hair) down all the time, when it&#180;s not winter. So I have been stuck at shoulder or collar bone length for years ;) and I have been thinking that my hair was growing slowly but by now I understood that my hair grows faster than I thought, it's just the scissors I should hide...

Ranee
April 4th, 2011, 12:21 PM
To cut it into a BSL layered style that I really want, but know I will regret.

Cupofmilk
April 4th, 2011, 01:08 PM
I am scissor happy when trimming

ElvenArchess
April 4th, 2011, 01:18 PM
All of my urges relate to dyeing it, using evil hair products like hairsprays, and using my mom's flat iron when my hair gets ridiculous. Being as I've started my long journey of hair growing at such a shortish length (shoulders), I have to remember that I have plenty of time to perfect my hair care method, and using ever-damaging chemicals to make my hair look a bit more presentable every day isn't worth it; I'm blessed with being able to make sure my roots are well cared for so by the time I reach my goal length of my waist, the hair on top is 100 times stronger than the hair at the tips. That's why when I reach my goal length of waist, I can chop it to BSL and get rid of all this nastiness my hair has endured at my foolish hands.

jhill923
April 4th, 2011, 08:29 PM
TO straighten my hair ! I love it straightened, but it fries my hair !

noel11
April 4th, 2011, 08:46 PM
After a bad "breakup", I had the horrible urge to whack it all off. Go pixie even. Didn't want anything that would constantly remind me of him, but now that that urge has subsided, I constantly get the urge to cut it to a bob again, but then I remember the awful awkward growing it out bit... Ugh. Bad lengths!

dollface
April 8th, 2011, 07:28 PM
since i already color often my worst hair urge would be thinking that cutting it short would be a good idea.....i did this many times and i've finally been able to stay away from the scissors.....for now DX

Becky Safari
April 8th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I keep getting an urge to blowfry my hair just because I like the warmth

Vani1902
April 8th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I always have the urge to dye it red. Fortunately, I have been able to fight these urges.

TakeAPotatoChip
April 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Too frequently wash my hair :) I just don't get any I guess..

Shoga
April 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I really want to color my hair a bright purple. But there is no way that will cover up this indigo and I doubt I could bleach it out even if I wanted to. I'm safe for now. XD

deepsuperficial
April 24th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Pantene.... but it's horrible for my hair

I have managed the urge by keeping a bottle in my cupboard and smelling it from time to time

:run:

dazeydayze
April 24th, 2011, 06:16 PM
1. Chop it all off!
2. Dye it black

jkrochet
April 24th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I always want nice side-bangs, but my hair doesn't hold any type of curl and has no volume, so they look like when my hairdresser styles them, but then I can never get them to look the same!! And then it takes forever to grow them out... so I need to refuse my urge to "try" bangs again!! haha

Aliped
April 24th, 2011, 06:45 PM
1. Chop it all off!
2. Dye it black

Ha ha, me too! I have the same urges, except I don't consider #2 to be bad :cool:

Qadupae
April 24th, 2011, 06:50 PM
1. Chop it all off!
2. Dye it black

Same here, although the color changes from black to red to blonde and whatever else gets my goat for the day ><

xoerincolleen
April 24th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I always get an urge to cut my hair like Amy Adams' in the movie Leap Year- it's so cute, but I know I'd hate it after a few days!

deepsuperficial
April 24th, 2011, 07:46 PM
oh I also have an urge to cut my own hair.... all the rough ends - and I give into it far more than I ever should

Scarlet_Heart
April 24th, 2011, 07:58 PM
When I get in an angry mood, I get the urge to dye my hair black and sport major eyeliner.

SgtFuzzyboots
April 24th, 2011, 09:04 PM
i get the urge to blow-dry... my hair is between shoulder and APL right now, and it looks so much neater blow-dried straight... i fight the urge, though :)

Mesmerise
April 24th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I get the urge to straighten... Sometimes I REALLY REALLY wanna do a Brazilian keratin treatment, but I am resisting. I haven't heat straightened since January 30th this year, and I plan on keeping it that way!

Sometimes I also have the urge to cut a few inches off the ends, but I know I'll be upset if I do!!

hs_atreides
April 24th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Fringe...bangs whatever you want to call them, always end up cutting them then spend an eternity growing them out.

racrane
April 25th, 2011, 07:09 PM
I gave into my urge last summer to get a chin-length bob. I hated it. I will always remember that - my hair looks better longer! Also, I love strawberry blond hair but I know that's a bad idea, too. I have a few pictures to remind me how good my hair looked.

long&blonde
April 25th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Getting a buzz cut. Getting bangs;not a bad thing,but seeing as I am not good at trimming my own hair; salons for bang trims=very very bad thing. And coloring my hair platinum,again, even tho honestly I don't care for it on me, but I get annoyed by salon staff saying "you absolutely couldn't go platinum blonde, your hair will fall out." It just makes me want to go home, hit up 2 boxs of L'oreal "Pure Diamond" and then head back to the salon the next day to show them platinum.

Heatherzilla
April 26th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Henna. I have tried it before and I always love it for the first few days and then the colour changes and I hate it. For the first few days it's RED and vibrant and then it gets all orangey brown and yuck. And I hate growing out dye so I always end up dying over it and making my hair feel disgusting.

I will just remain jealous of all you red heads. No more hair dye of any kind for me.

Lildove
April 26th, 2011, 01:02 PM
My worst hair urge is to use a flat iron on my hair. :( When I was younger my hair was always straight. The closer I get to 30 the wavier and curlier my hair seems to get. I'm not quite sure why my hair is doing this and I'm having a hard time excepting it and leaving it alone. BUT if I want long healthy hair I know that I need learn to love my hair for what it is and not flatten it to death lol.

Kristamommyx3
April 26th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I am constantly fighting the urge to cut my hair! I know I have a goal of waist length hair, but that doesn't stop my mind from suggesting I "give it a good cut". Lol.

Chetanlaiho
April 26th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Bleach it, platinum, and dye parts of it MLP colours xD

Other than that I get so frustrated with the (lack of) thickness that I want to cut it all up to APL to make it feel thicker D=

And teasing + heatstyling, I look at too many pictures of perfectly styled Gyaru hair ^^; (which also makes me want to dye it caramel-ish colours)

wavyR
April 26th, 2011, 03:29 PM
i've never colored my hair and i haven't had bangs since kindergarten.
i've been toying with the idea of getting highlights and side swept bangs.

KatiSasha
April 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Flatironing and highlights! Thankfully, I cannot do highlights for a long long time, since I hendigo now. Unless I want green highlights... But flatironing is still a monkey on my back...

MeganAimee
April 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM
My worst hair urges are to bleach it platinum blonde ( which I have done before twice, BIG mistake! ), and to cut it short with bangs.

Growth progress:
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Slinks
April 26th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I don't know if my urges are good or bad .. I tend to want to use every product under the sun .. EG: I'll have an evoo mix in as well as coconut oil, then I'll add Henna clear deep condish and might even put in a hot oil as well !!

I got over this urge real quick as I was buying too many products that I didn't like EG: checking out the poos and condish isle in the supermarket .. I stick with what I like but just have the urge to use it too much all at once ..

does anyone else do this .. is it healthy ??

butterflycayton
April 26th, 2011, 03:49 PM
My worst is getting it cut. And I always regret it.

JulietCapulet
April 26th, 2011, 07:38 PM
To straighten.

sugarpixie10988
April 26th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I often get the urge to dye it dark brown/black. I also kind of want to add cyan streaks to my hair, but I know that when it fades it will look pretty gross. I also sometimes consider razor cutting my hair. I'm resisting for now :p.

braidedbeauty
April 26th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Chop it and make it a poker straight shaggy pixie :rolleyes: