PDA

View Full Version : Starting New

KellyGormley
February 28th, 2011, 06:12 PM
So basically I'm starting at zero, my hair is so damaged and ruined from dying that it's beyond repair. So starting today I've decided i'm going to grow out my natural hair color, I have somewhere between an inch and two inches of growth from when I last colored my hair (about 40 days ago) and this is going to take forever and be a real challenge but I really miss my natural color and my healthy hair. I'm really bummed about my stupid decision and my lost of hair ( I had to chop it all off ). So much for waist for prom. I was so close. Instead i'll have fried shoulder length mix matched hair. All well that's what I get for dying it. I'm hoping for natural shoulder length by my nineteenth birthday. I get anywhere between 1-2 inches of growth a month so hopefully that will continue and I can get all this dead yuck off.

LotusFIre
February 28th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Wow, that's hard, but growing it out healthy is a good decision. I colored mine for years, all colors, including blonde, and it ravaged my fine textured hair. It will definitely look better as it grows out natural.

morecowbell
February 28th, 2011, 06:20 PM
**Hugs* :blossom: I've been where you are a few times actually, and I'm sorry to see that you're going through it. :(
I can suggest two things to make some headway in how your hair feels to you right now:
Temporary dye. Try to match your length to your roots if you can, it makes a difference. Or just use some manic panic and go wild with it! ;)
and Deep treatments! I love the SMT http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128&highlight=snowy+moisture it's been a lifesaver for my dye damaged hair. :)

Congratulations on your new goal! Dye free hair is amazingly shiny and soft. :)

vanillabones
February 28th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I'm right there with you, you're not alone. Mine is fried and I've been cutting off the damage. Virgin at shoulder length by 19th bday - We can do it. I joined here starting at zero and I'm pretty sure I have nearly the worst hair on this site. It can only get better from here. :) Your hair grows very fast, mine is awful!

Also I agree with morecowbell, I was getting tinted hair glosses (these are GOOD for your hair) to help get my fried/bleached/turned green hair to match my natural and now it is close enough so I'm vowing never even to do that anymore because I don't want anyone touching my new growth :K

Good luck, good luck :waving: