PDA

View Full Version : Would amodimethicone be ok?

HintOfMint
February 28th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hey all, I've been considering using some sort of styling cream/leave-in conditioner.

I found a cream that has a water soluble cone, which I'm fine with, and amodimethicone which I'm uncertain about. I've heard that amodimethicone is not water soluble, however it doesn't allow the product to "re-deposit" itself, so buildup is less of a problem, if that makes any sense.

I have a CWC routine, and use cone-free conditioners. I prefer to use shampoo on the length as little as possible. Would I have a problem using a leave-in with amodimethicone?

teela1978
February 28th, 2011, 03:52 PM
It depends on your hair. I can use cones every-other wash and be fine. Others can't. If cones have worked well before, you'll probably be fine. Especially if your usual shampoo has some SLS or ALS in it, sulfates do a good job of keeping cones from building up, even during a cwc... but again, it depends on your hair.

Anje
February 28th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I'm not certain whether amodimethicone can create enough of a coating on hair to block it from taking up moisture... probably depends a lot on your hair.

I've found leave-ins with it to be drying, but I believe they also contained protein. The protein is almost certainly the culprit, and whether the amodimethicone contributed is anyone's guess.