PDA

View Full Version : Picture Frustration

HuggyBear
February 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM
You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to have a decent picture of the back of my head. I have about a zillion pics of my hair on my computer but they all look like crap, save for my current avatar. It's the only decent one that I have. For some reason, my hair looks much better and longer in the mirror than it does in a picture. Arghhhh!

krissykins
February 28th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Aww I'm sorry :grouphug: what about the pictures makes them look so terrible?

Jorchet
February 28th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I know! With flash, without it! Daylight, nightime! It never seems the perfect time for back-of-head photos!!! I think that when hair is too long, you need distance to fit it all in the picture so the farther you get from the camera, less effect the flash and focus have on your hair! :mad:

Rocket22
February 28th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I know what you mean.. I was sooooo excited to take my monthy photos really thought I gained so much, so I take the photo and it doesn't look near as good as I thought it did, I was bummbed! I actually had a bad hair day after that and put in my extensions... hahahaha

HuggyBear
February 28th, 2011, 03:51 PM
This is one I had taken last night. I know the lighting is bad & the picture quality isn't great but what bothers me is that I don't think my hair looks good in any of the pics. :(

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7361&pictureid=97146

jasper
February 28th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I don't know. There is something about a photograph being completely frozen that lets us focus inon what we don't like about our appearance. Looking in the mirror, everything is always moving and you can change the angle you are viewing and you can never focus so completely on any one aspect.