PDA

View Full Version : Holy detangler batman!

error
February 28th, 2011, 02:15 PM
:cheese:So I am standing there being my dumb self and just hopped out of the shower . Hair damp and tangled as ever , my mom comes up to me with this stuff called "Ojon" its a detangler ,and it comes in a big spray bottle almost looks like hair spray . Naturally I stiffen up and hiss "chemicalllssss" later on I comb my hair (combing never lasts, I tangle right back up ) but an hour passes my hair looks freshly combed , I have Pocahontas hair I can literally chase deer climb trees and roll in the dirt and I would still have Pocahontas hair , so I investigate , all the ingredients are actually nice ones full of oils , biotin , nutrients . Has anyone else tested this wonder spray? What do you feel about it? Is it secretly bad?! I have a crush on it! Here is a quick snapshot I took of my hair with the product, naturally the picture does not do the current state of my hair justice it looks tangled as ever but I promise I can actually run my fingers through it! that never happens! usually I find a dead squirrel or two lol not really but , it gets bad! http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/deathORdie/100_5905.jpg

lara grace
February 28th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Wow your hair is absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad you found something that works for you. I have heard of other people on LHC liking Ojon, so I'm sure its safe :P

error
February 28th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Thank you thank you! I really do love it and it smells amazing , it has been a tough winter so to smell something so tropical on my head at all times it feels really nice ! and still I been playin with the dogs doing things around the house changing into other clothing , whippin my hair back and forth LOL and nothing still silky! <3

Dani
February 28th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Naturally I stiffen up and hiss "chemicalllssss"

That is the funniest thing I've read in months! :D :D :D That's totally me as well, so I "get it." :p Thank you so much for the laugh; you are hilarious. :pumpkin: And Pocahontas has the best hair ever! You are Pocahontas. :cool: *sings badly* "Waiting just around the riverr beeeend.."

McFearless
February 28th, 2011, 03:09 PM
You are so pretty:)

error
February 28th, 2011, 03:30 PM
LOL thanks so much ladies :>

wvgemini
February 28th, 2011, 03:34 PM
:thud:Your hair!!! Beautiful!

And yeah, Ojon is some awesome stuff. I used to use the hair mask and serum. Haven't in a while though ... hmmm :)

Nae
February 28th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Never heard of it but I might have to look into it.

SouthernBelleUS
February 28th, 2011, 04:01 PM
If it smells like the Ojon Hair Revitalizing mist, the scent is one of the best scents I have EVER smelled on this earth!!! If nothing else, you will have happy nostrils while using!

If it smells like the Ojon deep conditioning/mask jug/tub, I have to say that, to me, it smells like cigarette and/or cigar smoke or a forrest after a major fire.... It does have some nice earthy scents too, so depends on whether I can deal with smoke smell because it does tend to dominate the other good smells.... Phooey. Maybe the detangler smells like the Revitalizing Mist! :agree: I've never used anything called a "detangler" by Ojon, so all I have to go one are the 2 above. They both work, but DANG--one smells like heaven & the other the fiery pits of hell (with a little patchouli-type earthiness under that)!

Neoma
February 28th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Color me intrigued, error. What does this wonderful fragrance smell like? Flowers? Nuts? Spices?

I am a big fan of cones, and this product has my favorite cone -- dimethicone -- in it. I think I'm going to have to try it.

Your hair is beautiful and so are you. :flower:

Adora Belle
February 28th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I'm glad you found something that works! My mom used to use Ojon, and she liked it, I used some of her products a couple times, but I think it smells like Play-doh. I think its a nice smell, but not one I'd necessarily like my hair to smell like.

stkl
February 28th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I have this I'm so glad it worked out for you :)
The thing is if your worried about chemicals in products, it has a really bad score on cosmeticdatabase.com, which might be something to keep in mind. The Aubrey organics on is also pretty good if you want something less chemical. :)

vanity_acefake
February 28th, 2011, 05:17 PM
What was the ojon called?

Yamainu
February 28th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I'm sooo curious about this? What was it called?

error
February 28th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Oh I am so happy my thread got a few more bites I gotta check out cosmeticdatabase! I can not explain this smell other then it has been described and it sure is heavenly ! Lol my father thinks im nuts im balling up my hair in front of my face and huffing it to try and figure out the scent! Lol it has a hint of coconut and it smells very fresh and yes I smelt the weird jar of oil stuff and it smells like coffee and forest fires!But this is just awesome I want to eat it! Thanks again for all the lovely complements I will read further onto this product and maybe use it a bit to see longer term effects on my hair :->

error
February 28th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Oh and I am using the revitalizing mist! Detangler! :D

Angeletti
February 28th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I must try it out, thanks hair twin : )

Debra83
February 28th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I've got their stuff too! I use it more in the summer, because of the smell.

error
February 28th, 2011, 05:25 PM
O wow hold up im scared to convince anyone to use it after reading the review Stkl mentioned! Yikes I feel like the product will make me spontaneously combust now hahahaha!

Khiwanean
February 28th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't be too worried, there are only two high risk ingredients in it. One is DMDM hydantoin, which can also be found in FotE aloe vera gel and the other is fragrance, which is is pretty much everything that isn't scented with essential oils. The data gaps are also pretty high for plenty of the other ingredients.

error
February 28th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Oh really! Hmm I do love my aloe i use so much of it!I better stock up on it for when me and my pups get carried away playing in the sun , im like an infant , every start of the summer I forget im super pale :-<

Fairlight63
February 28th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I got to try it. My hair sounds just like yours with the tangles. I was wondering where can I buy it at? would a grocery store have it?
or Walgreens, or Walmart?

principesse
February 28th, 2011, 09:55 PM
I've never heard of it but am very intrigued. Your hair is absolutely stunning

lindaton
February 28th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Ulta carries it and Eric one of our male members on LHC has talked about it before.

Linda

leslissocool
February 28th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Oh wow this sounds great! and the picture is just gorgeous, so totally Pocahontas!

Alvrodul
March 1st, 2011, 12:29 AM
You have such lovely hair, error!*swoons*

error
March 1st, 2011, 02:19 AM
Aww thanks so much everybody !! I know it can be ordered online that is probably the easiest way . One website i looked at said sephora holds it but it probably costs your soul . LOL

julliams
March 1st, 2011, 02:34 AM
Ugh - It's $50 here in Austrlalia. I'm desperate for something like this for my 12 year old's waist length tangle-crazy hair.

error
March 1st, 2011, 09:01 AM
Awww wow this stuff works too!!It comes in a giant bottle but fifty bucks is crazy!

haikitteh
March 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Gosh your hair looks gorgeous, and so do you! :D You've got me intrigued about the product, too - I've used other Ojon products in the past and have always been impressed with them. I'm going to add this to my Sephora wishlist.

Thanks for the recommendation!

MandyBeth
March 1st, 2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah, it's crazy expensive, but it helped get the locs out of DH's hair (that and a Tangle Teezer, only 6" needed to come off from damage - from hip length locs) and it keeps my hair smooth and tangle free when I put it in braids for workouts or fights.

BrightEyes7
March 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
whippin my hair back and forth LOL

I whip my hair back n forth. I whip back n forth...

HAHA... couldn't resist.

Sounds great... my hair tangles like no one's business... gotta make a trip to Ulta and see if they have it! And I'm a sucker for anything that makes my hair smell good. And I do that too, bunch my hair in my face and smell it. DBF thinks I'm crazy sometimes.

And error... you and your hair are gorgeous!

error
March 1st, 2011, 01:54 PM
Thank you so much I love your user photo by the way! Yeah i tried the stinky brown ojon oil from the tub that you melt with your hands last night , it is so stinky though it was really distracting my sleep! I felt like I was using a hippy as a pillow my head smells similar to patchouli!!

cybernetica
March 31st, 2011, 01:42 PM
Hmm this is something I would love to try, as I have always had major troubles with tangles. I love to wear my hair down, but always would be reluctant due to the insta tangle effect :P ! Thanks for sharing.

joyfulheart18
March 31st, 2011, 03:04 PM
Wonderful wonderful wonderful hair

error
March 31st, 2011, 05:40 PM
Thanks joy and to cybernetica the ojon hair revitalizing mist , detangler is wonderful , using this product plus weekly oiling and adding honey to my conditioners is working out FANTASTIC!

UltraBella
March 31st, 2011, 05:47 PM
I am so bummed :( I read your post and thought I better try this product asap but then someone mentioned it has cones and my hair hates cones. Darn it !!!!! Grrrr........

honeybunny_1996
March 31st, 2011, 05:49 PM
I haven't personally used it but i say if your hair likes it, then keep using it.

ooo
March 31st, 2011, 05:51 PM
I can't find the thing on the homepage. can someone post a link please?

error
March 31st, 2011, 06:36 PM
I am so bummed :( I read your post and thought I better try this product asap but then someone mentioned it has cones and my hair hates cones. Darn it !!!!! Grrrr........
Ultrabella My hair also HIGHLY dislikes cones ! Lol horribly but something about this product is an exception , it is pricey but not awful , its pretty affordable so if you are curious def. try it out , I believe it was 20$ and it comes in an enormous container lol , maybe they make something a squee bit smaller for people to try out or even have a trial pack on their webpage:confused: i will do some homework on it and see what I can dig up :-> .