PDA

View Full Version : Let's hear your rinsing routine

Kaya
February 28th, 2011, 10:32 AM
To be specific, your techniques and tips for rinsing out shampoo and/or conditioner.

I was thinking about this the other night when I was CWC-ing out my weekly heavy oiling. I realized I really hate shampooing my hair now and am so happy I only do it once a week! :) All I can do to rinse out shampoo is carefully rinse out as much as possible without yanking my fingers throught my impossibly tangled, albeit squeaky clean hair. Thank the spirits for Aussie 3MM Deeeeep Conditioner!

As for CO washing, I usually apply it to dry hair and rinse at the end of my shower. I used to just tilt my head back and rinse, but I now have taken to parting my hair down the middle as well and combing out each side to help the water get down to my scalp.
And then of course, I hopped on the 'cold rinse' bandwagon, so I do the arched back rinse method, cause I tend to use ice water. And that is the last rinse water that touches my hair. :bluebiggr

aenflex
February 28th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I wash with both my hair laying normally and flipped over (upside down). I rinse the same way, upside down and then right side up. Same with conditioner. I rinse the shampoo out very, very well.

krissykins
February 28th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Well, I am a CO washer. When I wash out my conditioner, I take the magical spray nozzle and hold it close to my hair and scrub whichever area I'm concentrating on with my fingers. Then I flip my head over and do the same thing, just upside down. :p

Luna12345
February 28th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I wash my hair with sulfate free shampoo and then I use silicone free conditioner and if I decide to wash the next day rather than skipping a day I use conditioner only or just wash with water.:)
I usually shampoo every other day.

monsterna
February 28th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I CO wash every evening. With cones. I love cones. I just wet my hair through, plop on lots of conditioner all over my hair and scalp, comb it through, and rinse it all out at the end after I finish my shower routine. Then I do a cold shot. I never flip my hair upside down wet.

I clarify usually once a week if I feel I need to. And ACV rinse when I feel like it, but always with conditioner after it.

rosek
March 1st, 2011, 04:31 AM
I wet my hair, apply shampoo, then apply conditioner to the length. I rinse out the shampoo, my getting it all off the front, then sectioning it to allow the water to get down to my scalp. Then I apply the second conditioner, wrap it into a bun and put it under a showercap. Go about my showerly duties, then rinse out. I start by rinsing down the length, then I flick it over one shoulder and rinse with my body facing the stream sideways. Kinda strange, but it works well for me!

rena
March 1st, 2011, 07:47 AM
Ever since our shower-head broke, I've been using the bathtub faucet for rinsing my hair. I wash and rinse the shampoo with warm water, never hot anymore, and rinse the conditioner out with ice-cold to cool water.

morecowbell
March 1st, 2011, 07:57 AM
Interesting topic, OP :)
I have a fairly strong spray from my shower head so all I have to do is tilt my head back and let it do it's work. :) When I CO wash, I use my fingers to massage my scalp while the water is running over it to make sure I got it all.
I don't have the discipline to do a cold rinse at the end in winter, but I do in summer. ;)