PDA

View Full Version : LHC Anniversary- Progress!

Cirafly24
February 28th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Today marks my one year anniversary here at LHC. It has been a very informative year, a year that has literally changed my life. :)

For most of my life, I have been very hard on my hair. I've tried every color from platinum blond to pitch black, even pink, and I have blowfried and flat ironed it nearly to death. In 2007, my hair was about waist length, but it was incredibly damaged, and every time I brushed it (ripping the brush through knots *shudder*), the sink would be covered in little broken pieces of hair. It tangled so badly every time I washed it, that I would cry trying to get the knots out. I started getting more regular trims, and in March of 2009, I got it cut at a salon for the last time. At that point, it was about BSL, heavily layered, and an amalgam of old brown, black, and red dye. Here's what it looked like then:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/DragonflyWings/0328091348_01-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/DragonflyWings/DSC_0781-2.jpg

After that cut, I basically forgot about my hair for a year. I moved halfway across the country and got my first apartment, started a new job, and basically created a new life for myself about 1200 miles away from my family and friends. I didn't have any time to think about my hair! In the beginning of 2010, things had calmed down in my life, and I started to get bored with my hair. I considered getting it cut and colored again, but then I realized in the last year, it had grown to be the longest it had ever been. I started wondering what I could do with it other than a boring old ponytail, or just leaving it down. While searching online for "styles for long hair," I found LHC :D The rest is history!

Here is my first proper length photo from March 2010, at 34"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/DragonflyWings/030510natural-1.jpg

And here is my hair today, at 39.5"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/DragonflyWings/DSCF1822.jpg

Here are a few fun ones

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/DragonflyWings/DSCF1823.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/DragonflyWings/DSCF1824.jpg

And curled with sponge rollers:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/DragonflyWings/DSCF1803.jpg

I have learned SO MUCH this past year! Before LHC, I knew how to do a ponytail and a basic English braid. That was the extent of my updo repertoire. Now, I can do 10+ different buns, and 5 kinds of braids! I have learned to trim my own hair, which has saved me money, and probably several inches! I have more hairtoys than I ever thought I would own, and I'm happier with my hair than I've ever been :D

Thanks to everyone here at LHC, it's been a great year!

Debra83
February 28th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Way to go! Beautiful hair! Love the length.

pepperminttea
February 28th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Your hair looks amazing, and your updos always look so perfect. Congrats on a year (I could've sworn you'd been here longer)! :)

julliams
February 28th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Gorgeous!!! That last photo - your curls looks so animated - really stunning! And your "throwing your hair back" photo can be twins with mine. :cheese:

Ishje
February 28th, 2011, 02:53 AM
wow, I am amazed. your hair is gorgeous!

fairystar32
February 28th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Beautiful and congrats on your anniversary xxxx

dreamerx6
February 28th, 2011, 03:08 AM
GORGEOUS hair! I love the shine and color! :flower:

Just imagine what the next year will bring...

Qadupae
February 28th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Gods, your hair looks fantastic ^_^ I especially love the sponge roller curls ^_^

Ryanne
February 28th, 2011, 03:32 AM
It looks wonderful! Congratulations. :D

Vorvolaka
February 28th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Those curls look good!

metricfuture
February 28th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Wow, your hair is so pretty! I do wet-sets all the time (it's the only way my hair will hold a curl) and I have to know, are you using any kind of setting lotion when you use the sponge rollers? It's soooo shiny.

nazzooyzo
February 28th, 2011, 07:16 AM
i love your hair colour!

CarpeDM
February 28th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Awesome results!

Yozhik
February 28th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary!

Your hair looks great -- I especially love the action shots and the curls. :crush:

BritishBraider
February 28th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Your curls are wonderful! And so shiny! Fabulous.

Fufu
February 28th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Gorgeous hair growth and your curls so beautifully with the sponge rollers.

Cirafly24
February 28th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Thank you so much, everyone! :D Man, I love this place!

Wow, your hair is so pretty! I do wet-sets all the time (it's the only way my hair will hold a curl) and I have to know, are you using any kind of setting lotion when you use the sponge rollers? It's soooo shiny.

Nope, I didn't use any setting lotion. I dampened my hair beforehand with my standard mister bottle mix of AVG and water. If I had wanted the curls to stay for a long period of time, I may have used a little bit of gel or a spritz of hairspray. As it was, I was just doing it for fun, so they didn't stay in very long :p

Gorgeous!!! That last photo - your curls looks so animated - really stunning! And your "throwing your hair back" photo can be twins with mine. :cheese:

Yay! Haha I was actually inspired by your photo ;)

ericthegreat
February 28th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Your hair is stunning. Even after all your past color changes and haircuts, it has still grown out so wonderfully. I also love the curls you did, they look so nice and springy and I'm surprised that you didn't need any any special products to make them stay, just the sponge rollers. Congrats on your anniversary.

BrightEyes
February 28th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Way to go!!! Your hair has made wonderful progress. I love the curls and your action shots are awesome. May you have another awesome hair-year!!!!

ole gray mare
February 28th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Happy Anniversary! You've made amazing progress and your hair looks so healthy now. Not to mention how fab your updos are. So glad you are here! :flowers:

Smile4Kiki
February 28th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Nice! threads like these are what keep me growing!

principesse
February 28th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Amazing progress and beautiful hair :). These updates are really so inspiring! Keep it up!

Cirafly24
February 28th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Thank you! I know that progress threads are some of my favorite to read, so I'm glad you enjoyed reading mine as well!

Your hair is stunning. Even after all your past color changes and haircuts, it has still grown out so wonderfully. I also love the curls you did, they look so nice and springy and I'm surprised that you didn't need any any special products to make them stay, just the sponge rollers. Congrats on your anniversary.

Thank you so much! The curls didn't stay quite that springy very long with no product, but even though they had mostly fallen out by the next day, I still had some nice wave going on.

Happy Anniversary! You've made amazing progress and your hair looks so healthy now. Not to mention how fab your updos are. So glad you are here! :flowers:

Thank you that's so nice of you to say :crush:

pennyroyal
March 1st, 2011, 12:49 AM
We must've joined at the same time! I just had my anniversary too. :)

Congrats-your hair is gorgeous & it looks so healthy too!!!

Loreley
March 1st, 2011, 12:52 AM
Beautiful hair! Congratulations! :)

Cirafly24
March 1st, 2011, 01:07 AM
We must've joined at the same time! I just had my anniversary too. :)

Congrats-your hair is gorgeous & it looks so healthy too!!!

Thank you! Yes, you joined just one day before me :hifive:

rosek
March 1st, 2011, 04:24 AM
Oh I love the sponge roller curls! They make your hair look so shiny too :)

jayde9
March 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
way to go, I love it!

jojo
March 7th, 2011, 12:28 PM
wow! thats really impressive you and your hair are beautiful

x0h_bother
March 7th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Happy Anniversary! Great growth! Love the curls too!

Chamy
March 7th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Congratulations! Thats great growth. And your hair looks amazing. :)

Adamia
March 7th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Whoa! Your hair looks great! Especially with the curls.

Anywhere
March 7th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Congratulations, it looks great. :D

Avital88
March 7th, 2011, 01:31 PM
lots of growth in just one year! good job.

Cirafly24
March 7th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Thank you all for the kind words :crush:

I really needed it...I've been thinking of trimming off the fairytale ends. *sigh* I don't know what to do!