PDA

View Full Version : What are the undertones in "mocha" brown? (link)

goldcopperbrown
February 28th, 2011, 01:46 AM
I love Satin hair dye. I've used the golden brown and the golden copper brown (hence my SN). I'm thinking about the mocha brown, but I can't really tell what the undertones are. I like warm brown, but I'm not sure if the mocha will be too purple. I like deep, rich, striking browns, though, and it seems so unique!

Read the description. I can say from experience the swatches are nothing like how the color comes out (usually the swatches are way more reddish/dull). What do you think the undertones are supposed to be and would it suit me? Thanks! :cheese:

http://developlus.com/satinmocha.html

ScarlettAdelle
February 28th, 2011, 02:07 AM
It's really hard to say if a color would suit you when you have an inaccurate swatch and we're only going by pictures. Coloring can look drastically different online versus on paper and in person. It could look great on you in a picture online, but in person, it may look way different. Kind of like how if you take 5 pictrues of yourself at 5 different times a day and hold them next to one another, your skin tone could look significantly different.

Yosha
February 28th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Mocha is a cooler colour than the others you described. I think it would look good on you, but if you prefer a more golden tone, mocha may not be what you are looking for. When it fades it will just fade like the other browns though (at least from the brand I used, years ago), and left me with a more coppery colour.

tigerhearted
February 28th, 2011, 07:48 AM
It looks cool or cool-neutral to me.

Joliebaby
February 28th, 2011, 09:40 AM
It looks like a cool brown to me too.

BrightEyes7
February 28th, 2011, 09:50 AM
In the description on the website it says warm.

I'd assume warm undertones...

ETA: Actually it says rich chocolate with warm highlights.