PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this APL?

OperaTeacherMom
February 27th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I wore my hair straight today for the express purpose of taking a pic to post and ask if I can call this APL :) I did a doobie, so I kept my no heat styling promise, woot! I also realized I kind of hate my hair straight, I am a curly all the way :cheese:

Without further ado:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/hobbitcutie/921_0623.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/hobbitcutie/921_0622.jpg

What do you think? If I'm not there, I'm getting REALLY close!

ETA: pics that show just how far I've come!

December 09:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/hobbitcutie/shortpic.jpg

May 10, right after my 1-inch trim:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/hobbitcutie/921_0291.jpg

gthlvrmx
February 27th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Yes, i would :D Congratulations!! :D

elbow chic
February 28th, 2011, 12:07 AM
I would! way to grow!

OperaTeacherMom
February 28th, 2011, 12:14 AM
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

YAY! I am so so excited! That means I went from a chin length bob to APL in about 15 months, with a 1-inch trim last May. Grow hair grow!

fairystar32
February 28th, 2011, 12:46 AM
WOW great growth and it looks great :)

milagro
February 28th, 2011, 12:51 AM
I would say almost APL because your head is tilted back a little. In a less than a month it will be full APL without any caveats! And it's pretty and healthy-looking :flower: Great growth!

mustpannkook
February 28th, 2011, 12:58 AM
To me it looks APL! Congratulations on great growth, your hair looks great!

UltraBella
February 28th, 2011, 01:04 AM
I think you just have a tiny bit further to go. What a huge difference from your before pic ! Congrats on the wonderful growth !!

OperaTeacherMom
February 28th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the compliments! The difference in the condition and how it feels is pretty amazing too, the second "before" pic is right after I started co-washing and really caring for my hair.

I have discovered that my fine hair really doesn't take to heat or shampoo well at all; as I was doing a S&D session earlier I realized I have new growth literally all over my head, not just at my hairline as I initially thought. I just might have ii thickness hair once all these little baby hairs grow in, they're maybe 4-5 inches long right now and stick out all over the place if I try to do updos.

Hotrox
February 28th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Congratulations my lovely hair twin :D

Debra83
February 28th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Soooo close!!! Another month and I think you're there for sure!!!! :cheese:

I just hate thresholds! But we're bound to burst through!!!

julliams
February 28th, 2011, 02:38 AM
My first reaction was that you have about another month to go. Your hair is gorgeous curly and it has grown so much. Congratulations on your little one - very cute!

And can I just add - you do curly bangs REALLY well!!

Yozhik
February 28th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Great growth progress! In my opinion, I would say that you have just a *teeny* bit left until full APL, but you're very close! :flower:

Happy growing! :)

monsterna
February 28th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I'd say almost there. Another 1/2 to 1 inch, only because it looks like your head is slightly tilted back.

And yet again I forgot what a doobie was and was thinking "THAT straightened your hair? o_O" :D

OperaTeacherMom
February 28th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I'd say almost there. Another 1/2 to 1 inch, only because it looks like your head is slightly tilted back.

And yet again I forgot what a doobie was and was thinking "THAT straightened your hair? o_O" :D

:eyebrows: Teehee, I do the same thing when I see other people talk about it.

I'm a little sad I'm not quite there yet, but then again it will be quite a while before I'm APL while curly. I'm just glad it's growing!

Valdeon
February 28th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I think there is mayve 1\3 of an inch - half an inch to go. But you are reaaally close!:cheer:

BrightEyes
February 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I think just an itty-bitty more length and you'll be there. You've come along way from your short hair picture!:cheese:

I love your hair color and curls. So pretty!