PDA

View Full Version : OMG, this is the stuff nightmares are made of!

GRU
February 27th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Just saw this commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCkwjSWe8B8) tonight for the first time.... YIKES!

Any other hair-related commercials that make your skin crawl / give you the heebie-jeebies?

krissykins
February 27th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Who's going to have hair nightmares tonight? *raises hand* I sure hope that wasn't inspired by a real life event!

Kristin
February 27th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Oh my! That is frightening!

fairystar32
February 27th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Oh dear LOL

christine1989
February 27th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I'm definatly not envious of that haircut but I LOVE her color! :)

tanya222
February 27th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I'd be so tempted to shorten something of his.

UltraBella
February 27th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Lol, I saw that several weeks ago and cracked up. How terrible ! But yet I laughed .......

charalito
February 27th, 2011, 09:32 PM
and that's why I never let anyone with scissors near me :)

GRU
February 27th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I'd be so tempted to shorten something of his.

Gee, I wonder what that might be.... :lol:

(anyone remember Lorena Bobbitt? :eyebrows:)

Lostsoule77
February 27th, 2011, 09:47 PM
I saw that the other day and cringed.

Katurday
February 27th, 2011, 09:54 PM
At least he cut in a straight line.

fluffybunny
February 27th, 2011, 10:41 PM
But really would you ask someone to fasten a necklace or zipper or anything on your back without moving your hair aside? If not out of fear he'd cut it, at least to make sure he could see what he was doing.

Athena's Owl
February 27th, 2011, 10:59 PM
I'm with you UltraBella - I made this horrified noise, and then ROFL

Roscata
February 27th, 2011, 11:14 PM
That's some scary stuff. :scared:

Juneii
February 27th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I just laughed, at least he cut the tag!

Jeno86
February 27th, 2011, 11:16 PM
I have seen this a few times and it STILL makes me cringe. A few times I've had to look away.

dreamerx6
February 27th, 2011, 11:31 PM
That made me LOL. :lol: Thanks!

milagro
February 28th, 2011, 12:00 AM
:scared:
I guess they cut out the following Scissors Massacre part.
It's funny though, the complaisant look of this guy :D

Nipushiau
February 28th, 2011, 03:10 AM
:( I think I would cry.

I doesn't help that my boyfriend says that if my hair gets longer than tailbone, he's going to cut it off while I sleep. I think I'll keep it in a bun just so he won't know how long it is... ;)

skyblue
February 28th, 2011, 03:41 AM
Oh! ekkk! thats like hearing the nails on the chock board thing!!!!

Nae
February 28th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Lol, I just don't think that those scissors would have made that short little noise encountering all that hair. I mean jeez, you would have thought the thickness of the hair would have given him a little more trouble than that.

Yeah I know, my powers of logic are taking away from the enjoyment of the commercial. I get this from my family all the time. They can't watch movies with me without duct tape.

halo_tightens
February 28th, 2011, 05:39 AM
I saw that a while back-- insanity!!

When she turned around to reveal the cut, I whipped my head around to look at DH, who had also turned to me, knowing exactly what I was thinking! We both kinda grinned, and I said, "If you EVER...." :D

chicken
February 28th, 2011, 05:44 AM
I knew what would happen - but another question: Where was the tag? There's nothing the tag was fixed - only her hair. You know what I mean?

Taur5684
February 28th, 2011, 06:47 AM
this almost reminds me of something that happened to me - only reversed lol
I was getting a haircut and the scissors caught my necklace and cut right through it (the hairdresser must have really been going at my hair aggressively lol!)

This commercial's great though. The best ones are the funny ones! :-D

KrissyKitty
February 28th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Haha my bf is always offering to trim my hair for me, this is why I don't let him!

Shield31
February 28th, 2011, 07:04 AM
My actual first impression was that she was wearing a wig and the wig's tag was hanging down the back. So, when he cuts it off along with that section of hair, I said "big deal, buy a new wig".... But, this could go so many ways ;)

Jimothea
March 7th, 2011, 11:08 AM
When I watched that commercial I made this low shriek like my mother does when she stubbs something, and clapped my hand over my mouth. LOL! ----Then I realized I sounded just like my mother, and laughed really, really hard.

*Shudder-chuckle*

chopandchange
March 7th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Lol, I just don't think that those scissors would have made that short little noise encountering all that hair. I mean jeez, you would have thought the thickness of the hair would have given him a little more trouble than that.

Yeah I know, my powers of logic are taking away from the enjoyment of the commercial. I get this from my family all the time. They can't watch movies with me without duct tape.

Ha ha, how very true! That's called noticing plot holes! It annoys other people, doesn't it!

Lack of logic notwithstanding, I found it very funny! But hopefully she was wearing a wig and they didn't actually make her cut her real hair!

enfys
March 7th, 2011, 11:54 AM

That's exacly what I thought!

At least I know DH would never ever ever do that to me; if scissors or hair-jammables (zips, buttons, clasps) get within a foot or two of my hair he gets nervous and concentrates really hard. Bless him. I trained him well. :o

Smile4Kiki
March 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Any other hair-related commercials that make your skin crawl / give you the heebie-jeebies?

yes! this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M5ktD7hcIY&playnext=1&list=PL2D7CA50C4119FB6B). So much hair abuse in one commercial :headache:

GRU
March 7th, 2011, 12:47 PM
yes! this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M5ktD7hcIY&playnext=1&list=PL2D7CA50C4119FB6B). So much hair abuse in one commercial :headache:

:justy: :crazyq:

HeatherG
March 7th, 2011, 12:55 PM
OMG. I would die...well maybe kill him first, then die. haha That is a nightmare!

chopandchange
March 7th, 2011, 01:01 PM

Ha ha ha! That was a great one!

But, seriously. It annoys me when they tease a model's hair into an improbable rat's nest to make it look "bad" just like it annoys me when they use Photoshop and lighting to make a different model's hair look "good." Nobody's hair is that good - but nobody's hair is that BAD, either!

Magicknthenight
March 7th, 2011, 01:08 PM

Not only does this song ALWAYS get stuck in my head I cringed the first time i saw it too hah. It did catch my attention though. I was like..hum they claim to repair hair eh? After all that? Just fixes it all? PEH -___-
And the part where shes using an iron? :shocked:

As for the tag thing i figured maybe the girl was planning on cutting her anyways. My reponse was more like :eek: rather than :angry:. Of course if that were to happen to my hair I'd be maddd. Then again you'd think I'd know if the person I'm with was having a hard time seeing simple things >.>