PDA

View Full Version : Amusing hair moments

battles
February 27th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Sorry if this has been done before, I did a quick search and didn't find anything..

Well, I just decided to try out the coconut oil today.. my hair is pretty short, just barely brushing chin length so I wasn't totally sure what to do about it. I ended up just oiling the last 2 inches or so.

Walking down the hallway not long ago, I noticed that my currently oiled ends make a delightful whooshing noise as I move! I ended up zooming up and down my hallway at different speeds to see how loud I could get :D I felt like a super hero! (I promise I'm not 7 years old.) :cheese:

Have you ever discovered anything highly amusing about your hair?

Pyvsi
February 27th, 2011, 08:03 PM
When I rocked a big afro in high school my friends would see how many pencils they could hide in my hair.

krissykins
February 27th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Highly amusing? :hmm: When it's short, I wake up with an afro!

Never again. lol

Adamia
February 27th, 2011, 08:46 PM
When my hair was a little below shoulder length I would wear it in a bouncy ponytail. I was eating an ice cream cone between two friends who were also doing likewise. One of them commented on something and I turned to look at her. Meanwhile my tail whipped into my other friend's ice cream. He yelled and I whipped my head back around to see what was up. That was when my hair went into her ice cream too. I was about 12.:laugh:

GRU
February 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I have to laugh at all the weird places my hair has gotten caught, like the door/window of a car, the drawer pulls in my kitchen, etc. The weirdest of all was probably the time my hair got all tangled around this huge plant in a hotel lobby.

The plant in question had leaves in a star-like pattern at the ends of its "branches" (kinda like this Schefflera (http://www.lexingtonfloral.com/Main%20Pages/PlantsSchefflera.html), only the one I encountered was about 4' in diameter and height), and while I was leaning against the counter in lobby while checking in, my hair somehow managed to snake itself completely around a section of leaves without my knowledge.... until I started to walk away and was stopped after a couple steps, my hair firmly caught in the grasp of The Hotel Plant That Eats Hair.

It took about five minutes to untangle myself (and in the end, I had to just rip some hairs off at the ends, or I was never going to escape... those hairs are still stuck on that plant to this day!), and the whole time the hotel clerk was :blueeek: and kept saying, "That has never happened before!" over and over again. :lol: