PDA

View Full Version : Best shampoo/cond't you've used?

carolinewxo
February 27th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Hi, I'm new to the site..to some extent. I've always viewed forums on here but never got around to making an account.

Soo, I wanted to ask, what's the best thing you've found for your hair, s/c-wise? I just purchased Loreal's new eversleek line, that doesn't have sulfates or cones in it, and I am in LOVE, my hair NEVER feels this healthy and soft after freshly shampooing it! :cheese:

ScarlettAdelle
February 27th, 2011, 07:55 PM
My personal favorite is ENJOY's Luxury Shampoo and Conditioner. They smell lovely and my hair responds amazingly to them

EroSparrow
February 27th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Have either of you used the new Nexxus pro-mend, or the Nexxus Emergencee? I have decided to take more proactive measures with my hair and use some deep treatments (which I usually dont do more than x2 per year) and am looking for people with experience with them. Also does Pro-Mend really work?

BTW-- right now I am using TresEmme Natural Moisturizing low sulfate, silicone free line-- and not only is it super cheap ($5.99/bottle -- and they are BIG bottles) I like them more than I liked my $36/bottle Aveda! Yay!

Also I found that with henna -- now I henna/indogo my hair about twice a year as well, that the cheaper the henna/indigo the better! The best stuff is from the Indian or Middle East grocery stores (remember make sure its a green power when you start-- and not PDD or anything labeled as * PPD or PPDA, * Phenylenediamine base, * p-Phenylenediamine, * 4-Phenylenediamine, * 1,4-Phenylenediamine, * 4-Benzenediamine, * 1,4-Benzenediamine, * para-Diaminobenzene (p-Diaminobenzene), * para-Aminoaniline (p-Aminoaniline), * Orsin™, * Rodol™, * Ursol™
Because those are really dangerous.... ) but it the cheap $1.99 henna or indigo keep my hair conditioned for a really long time.

krissykins
February 27th, 2011, 08:27 PM
My favorites fall in the Suave Naturals line :) let us know what you think of the Tresemme stuff, I've been hearing good things about it but I'm still unsure about whether or not I'd touch it myself lol

Pear Martini
February 27th, 2011, 08:38 PM
My favorites are hair masks from sallys. Argan oil hair mask and also Ion extreme moisture. My hair is super dry from bleach, my stylist reccomended using hair masks as regular conditioner and I have seen such a difference.

So I do a 5-10 minute mask about 3 times a week after shampooing. I have also used aveda dry remedy's hair mask which is good but not as moisturinzing as my sallys products.

Kristin
February 27th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Right now I love Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Shampoo and Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner. Especially the conditioner. It smells amazing and makes my hair really shiny!

carolinewxo
February 27th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Never knew the naturals line had no cones- I've been trying to get off of them, they seem to be taking a toll on my hair. I'm definetly going to try it after I finish off the rest of my Loreal- those bottles are bigggg! And thanks for the henna tip, I think the next time I dye I'm going to try it opposed to my beloved box color, lol. I've also been dying to try promend, but I want to wait untill more reviews come out. I'm still skeptical on the concept that split ends can be healed.

mustpannkook
March 2nd, 2011, 12:09 AM
I use Avalon Organics shampoo and as for conditioner usually just some cheap non-coney conditioner. If you're going to henna it'll make your hair red permanently. Cassia is also known as neutral henna and it'll just make your hair a bit more golden but in my opinion it does the same (I used henna and indigo long time ago).

HintOfMint
March 2nd, 2011, 01:30 AM
The best conditioner I've ever used is Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition mixed with honey, coconut oil and a dab of glycerin.

varintalonguard
March 2nd, 2011, 01:52 AM
Currently I'm using shampoo bars, I've got one from dreamingtreenetwork on etsy and another from Prairie-land Herbs. I think i slightly prefer my aloe PH one. For conditioner I'm using an herbal essences but my favorite thing to do is just use coconut oil. My hair loves it. I can soak it so its really oily and wake up and its just soaked it all in.