PDA

View Full Version : S&D in the car? Have you?

Pear Martini
February 27th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I can never find my splits and broken bits at home but when I'm in the car, they are bright as day. It seems like the perfect lighting is in the car, but I don't want anyone to see me doing it. Have you ever done this?

Have you ever S&Ded anywhere besides home?

HuggyBear
February 27th, 2011, 02:30 PM
All the time. I keep a small pair of hair scissors in my car. We have bridge construction in my town and one red light is at least 5 minutes long so I use that time to S&D. I also do it while waiting in the car line to pick my kids up from school. Makes the wait more tolerable. Sometimes, it goes by too fast and I'm like I'm not finished yet. :) I don't care if anyone sees me doing it. In fact, one day I was sitting in a parking lot minding my own business S&Ding my hair when a guy walks by and says I'll cut your hair for you. I smiled and said no thanks and continued.

Anywhere
February 27th, 2011, 02:30 PM
No, because if I was driving I couldn't and if I wasn't the driver would think I'm weird. Aside from that, I don't have hair cutting scissors with me.

There has been many a time in class where I've searched for splits and wished I had some scissors though. ;)

Gnomentum
February 27th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I S&D in front of the computer in the evening with the room lights down low, the backlighting from the screen seems to show up splits and white dots perfectly. I've never S&D'd anywhere else!

Cowgirl16
February 27th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I keep a small pair of scissors in the car and I routinely S&D in the car when my husband is driving. I am a terrible passenger and it keeps my mind averted:eyebrows:

Carolyn
February 27th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I do if I'm sitting and waiting. I seem to spend a lot of time doing that. I usually have my embroidery scissors with me and since they are newish ones I think they are pretty good. I don't do it when Mr Cranky is driving. I'm not up to letting him see what I do.

Pear Martini
February 27th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Maybe I'll pack my sheers next time. I have an hour in a half between 1 class and I end up spending a lot of that time in the car anyway

Yozhik
February 27th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I S&D when I'm waiting in the car, for whatever reason, but not usually when the car is in motion, because I have motion sickness. :o

monsterna
February 27th, 2011, 03:24 PM
I thought the title read S&M in the car, not S&D. Hahaha. I do not do it in the car and if I did, I wouldn't while it was in motion. I like to in front of the computer screen at night.

fairystar32
February 27th, 2011, 04:01 PM
yes always in the car, Its the only time I get any peace.. At weekends when dh is driving and we stop at lights and whilst waiting for kids ont he school runs..

Pear Martini
February 27th, 2011, 07:47 PM
S&M in the car? Always! Its a must! Haha

Jenn of Pence
February 27th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Oh yes. I S&D in the car; I have to try not to check my ends at stoplights so I don't get distracted. ;) But I can when DH is driving. I also S&D at my desk at work sometimes...for some reason the lighting is just right, and, um, maybe I'm also sometimes prone to putting off work. ;) I keep scissors in my purse almost all the time.

I've never done it on the bus...I think the other passengers might be slightly freaked out. ;)

ladylovecraft
February 27th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I just noticed how much easier it would be to S&D in the car today. I am so bringing scissors with me from now on O.O

GRU
February 27th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I specifically packed them on our holiday drive from Michigan to New York -- sunlight streaming in windows makes for excellent visuals!

trolleypup
February 27th, 2011, 10:35 PM
S & D everywhere. Not so much when actually driving, but when I am in a vehicle and the light is good, moving or stopped. I always have scissors with me, so anytime is a possibility, although usually only if I have run out of books to read. In public or at work, ditto. I don't care if anyone sees me.

Anje
February 28th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I have, but only when I'm a passenger.

BrightEyes7
February 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I do this... If I'm at a stop light and catch one with my eye I'll get it... even though I'm driving. And the last time I went on a long car ride I spent the whole time S&Ding! :p