PDA

View Full Version : Haircut on Thursday - can't decide!

Rosalaun
February 27th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hi all, I'm having a bit of difficulty deciding how to cut my hair :) I know I want the layers cutting out in my length (so I'll be loosing a good 2-3 inches, but getting rid of some very dead, bleach-damaged hair). However, it's the front section that I can't decide what to do with. My face doesn't really suit having all the hair pulled back out of the way, so I know I need a fringe of some sort leaving in.

My only difficulty is deciding what! I've had a side fringe (the bleach blonde photo and the natural photo show this), I had a habit of clipping the shorter side away though. And most recently I've had a blunt-cut straight across fringe, which I liked also. I cut little pieces on either side shorter so that when I tied it up I didn't have my main bits floating around all alone :) I got inspired for that by the Hime cut (japanese princess cut)
So my different fringes:
(ignore any strangeness, the first was at the beach so it was really windy, the second was on the way back from holiday, and the final two are me all dressed up for Children in Need)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/Sarobando/bc00567e.png

The bottom one shows my little side pieces, they're now past my chin - the curled parts are the bits that were tied up. I was thinking of having them cut in blunter like this:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/Sarobando/29fd10e8.jpg
But I might ether have them that length or chin length.

So yeah, opinions please? Thanks in advance :)

ETA: My hair is naturally in the late 1's - for the most part I usualy have two very loose waves but it grows straight until about ponytail-holder length so my fringe and side pieces usually aren't wavy. But if I go to sleep with it wet it goes a little crazy xD But I'm not worried about having to straighten the shorter bits every now and again because I plan to trim them regularly to maintain the length anyway.

krissykins
February 27th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Rosalaun, you are very pretty :) I like the last pic--I think blunt cut fringe looks good on you, and I was actually going to suggest a hybrid of blunt/side fringe! Haha

silverjen
February 27th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Another vote for blunt fringe with side pieces!
Honestly, you look good with either, but the blunt fringe is a little less conventional, a little more daring, and I think the side pieces give it a lot of styling flexibility.

nazzooyzo
February 27th, 2011, 01:42 PM
blunt fringe looks really good!

Rosalaun
February 27th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Awesome, thanks for the input! It's good that people think the Hime cut would suit me, and that the side fringe does too, just incase I go for Hime and get bored of maintenance :D And I suppose it does count as a hybrid lol
Part of the reason I originally thought of that cut is because the back of the hair is always left to grow as long as it likes, as long as it's blunt cut to match the rest.
I think I'd quite like to have unconventional hair, I'd not thought of it as that before, but as you can probably tell from the blue and purple hair, I do like being different xD

lapushka
February 27th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I like the first two pics a lot more, especially the second one. :flower:

Anywhere
February 27th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I do very much like the himegyaru style but speaking as someone who cut more than enough "face framing bits" shorter than chin on a whim, they get annoying. when I want them out of my face I have to bobby pin them back and even then they tend to find ways out.
ETA: I would go with one of the first two as well.

Rosalaun
February 27th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Thank you for your opinions :)
I'm not really wanting to go for Himegyaru styles - far too much curling and backcombing for me, I'll happily just stick to the Hime cut xD

To be honest I'm not too concerned about having the 'face framing bits' being tied up - I've always had some kind of either feathering or layers around my face since I was about 11, and I've never felt comfortable not having my hair covering or around my face.
I'm actually resorting to not tying my hair up at all at the moment because my side bits are too long to look right down xD
So yeah, that part doesn't worry me at all :) Ohh, almost a split down the middle now for hime and side!

Lostsoule77
February 27th, 2011, 03:50 PM
I like the side swept better. Then again I like a softer look. Plus I think it has more styling options than the blunt cut and doesn't require as much maintenance. :)

Rosalaun
February 27th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Thank you for the response :)
Oddly enough I find side-swept fringes to be higher maintenance. I think it's because I worry more than my hair is parted correctly, everything's on the right side, that the layers are reasonably flat and that it's held in such a way that it won't blind me when it's windy xD

True that it gives a softer appearance than the blunt option - I suppose because I had it side-swept for 4 years or so, it seems a little boring now. Then again I did grow up with a blunt fringe :P

Rosalaun
February 28th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Any more opinions? :D I've still got a while to decide, so the more, the better :)

UltraBella
February 28th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Oh my gosh, I love the Hime cut and I actually think you could pull it off, not many could !! If you end up getting it, I BEG you to post pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scorpio_rising
February 28th, 2011, 01:11 AM
I so covet the Hime cut but can't wear one with my belligerent wurly hair.
I think you would look gorgeous with one!
Whatever you do, post pics, please! :D

Rosalaun
February 28th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Hehe, thank you ^.^ I will definately post photos of the results - it's my last major change before I start growing my hair out properly. Whatever I settle for I'll probably maintain for a very long time xD
It's really good to know the Hime cut would work, as you can probably tell it's the one I'm leaning most towards at the moment. I figure I've had the feathery soft look since I was very young (when I was about 6 my hair was BSL with a soft straight-across fringe and fairytale type ends, so it would be interesting to have something different. Unless anyone strongly believes the Hime would look terrible on me lol

fairystar32
February 28th, 2011, 01:28 AM
I like the top one on the right :)

Rosalaun
February 28th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Thank you :D

oktobergoud
February 28th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I say yes to the blunt fringe but NO to the side pieces. I really don't like them but that's just my personal taste, of course. It just looks soo.. out of place, so random?

BrightEyes
February 28th, 2011, 09:17 AM
You are adorable!:) I like the top right picture with side-swept bangs. I've never been much of a fan of blunt heavy bangs. But really, you could pull either off.

Please post pics after your cut!!!!

Tatybird
February 28th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I like the first two pictures. Actually, I like the one on the right more. I guess because the hair color is more natural in comparison with the one on the left. But hair cuts on both pictures are similar.

Anyways, you're pretty:flower:

curlymarcia
February 28th, 2011, 11:36 AM
I suggest blunt bangs, they look amazing in you!

Rosalaun
February 28th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Thank you for the replies everyone :D
It seems to be pretty much split down the middle in terms of which one lol
I can understand why some people might not like the idea of blunt side-pieces - it's not really something people are used to seeing so they may not find it attractive :) But that's fine by me - I'm quite used to people finding my sense of style a little questionable :D

And I will definately post an update probably on friday - I have horse riding straight after the haircut so my riding hat will probably wreck it for a while.

Rosalaun
February 28th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Just bringing this back onto the front page :D

GrowingGlory
February 28th, 2011, 03:50 PM
"Am I a bob? Am I a scraggly, grown out shag?" "Is that a bird on the left side of my head?"
Just kidding. I'm sure that you could make that look work for you. I'd skip the bird, though.

ktani
February 28th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I think both suit you.

I think the blunt fringe is a "harder" look but you can pull it off well. I think side pieces soften it.

The side swept fringe is a softer look and more versatile.

Either style should "grow in" fairly quickly.

If I had to choose for you - I think the side swept look.

Rosalaun
March 1st, 2011, 12:02 AM
Hehe, wow GlowingGlory, you've lost me a little there xD
I see what you mean ktani - growing in quickly is alwaysa bonus.

Rosalaun
March 2nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Well my mum took one glance at the hime cut and decided that 'it looks horrible, ugly and like a 2 year old stole a pair of scissors' so it looks like I'm not having that done anymore...