PDA

View Full Version : Body vs Hair??

mandierae
February 27th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Hi Y'all,
I've been creeping the forum for a while but this is my first real post!
Basically, I've been stretching washes and usually CWC maybe 3 times a week. But I've started working out and every time I do I feel like I need to wash my hair. It just feels limp and flat after I break a sweat but I don't want to wash it every day. My hair is super fine and I have bangs. Maybe this won't be an issue when it's longer but right now its driving me crazy that I feel like I have to choose between working out and keeping my hair nice!

Does anyone have brilliant idea to keep hair from getting sweaty? Or have any fine haired ladies figured out how to CO wash without zapping all life from their hair?

krissykins
February 27th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hello :waving: welcome to LHC!

I recommend the WO method for getting rid of the sweat. Just hop in the shower and rinse out all of the sweat. It works great for me :)

Also, COing never zaps life out of my hair. Are you going the cone-free route? CO usually works best cone-free, but it is perfectly fine to use cones. :)

You could also try a dry shampoo. I use Batiste. You can get it at Sally's Beauty Supply. Just towel dry all of the dampness in your hair, spray in the dry shampoo, and brush/fluff it out! Other members here have also had good luck with baby powder and/or corn starch.

Hope this helps! :)

mandierae
February 27th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks! Baby powder works like a charm for volume but sometimes it flakes on me. I'll have to do some experimenting. And I'm probably converting to a cone free conditioner after I use up my current one. Didn't know that made a difference with CO washing... good to know :)

milagro
February 27th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Second water-only. If I feel like I need refresh my hair a bit after workout I just rinse it with water and lightly condition the length. But lately I feel that it doesn't get sweaty in gym, maybe because I ditched shampoo a few months ago. Don't think, I do the same weights as before :D

skydancer7
February 27th, 2011, 12:14 PM
A third vote for water only!

After I work out, plain water is perfect for rinsing away sweat. It is lightweight compared to sebum; just water and salt, mainly. Comes out no problem.

Magdalene
February 27th, 2011, 12:28 PM
As a fine haired blonde, I have given up on stretching washes, co, water only. I need a good clarifying cleansing after every workout or I look like I'm growing out a bad dye job. But you have to find what works for you!

gthlvrmx
February 27th, 2011, 12:50 PM
i put my hair up in a bun and i just rinse it out the sweat and apply a bit of conditioner on the ends. The natural oils that came out during the workout will be alrite, just apply a teensy bit of shampoo on the scalp.

Vorvolaka
February 27th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Another vote for water only. Works every time for me when it comes to rinsing out sweat.

ericthegreat
February 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Hi Y'all,
I've been creeping the forum for a while but this is my first real post!
Basically, I've been stretching washes and usually CWC maybe 3 times a week. But I've started working out and every time I do I feel like I need to wash my hair. It just feels limp and flat after I break a sweat but I don't want to wash it every day. My hair is super fine and I have bangs. Maybe this won't be an issue when it's longer but right now its driving me crazy that I feel like I have to choose between working out and keeping my hair nice!

Does anyone have brilliant idea to keep hair from getting sweaty? Or have any fine haired ladies figured out how to CO wash without zapping all life from their hair?

Not everybody can or even should stretch their washes. If your scalp gets oily very fast like mine does, then you simply just have to wash more often than other people with drier scalps.

I agree all the WO suggestions. On the days you've worked out, you can just quickly rinse your hair with plain water. That should get rid of the sweaty scent without being harsh on your hair like shampoo would be.

COing also works. Believe it or not, you can get successfully clean your hair by COing. But you need the right kind of conditioner like krissykins said. Look for a conditioner without silicones. Also, with the CO method you need to remember to rinse out your hair much more thoroughly than you would if you were using shampoo.

smileycat
February 27th, 2011, 01:16 PM
As a fine haired blonde, I have given up on stretching washes, co, water only. I need a good clarifying cleansing after every workout or I look like I'm growing out a bad dye job. But you have to find what works for you!

I'm with Magdalene on this one. I definitely need to shampoo - CWC at the very least.

NouvelleNymphe2
February 27th, 2011, 01:22 PM
i would assume a WO rinse would be helpful. if my hair is especially oily and it's one of my CO (cone free) days, i turn it into a CWC. the W becomes a white vinegar rinse with a few drops of Tea Tree EO. has been working well for me lately. keeps me from having to do a full shampoo wash.