PDA

View Full Version : Milestones!

linnepinne
February 27th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I just wanted to share a few mailestones I've recently "hit".

1. My hair has gotten THICKER! Yayyy! :cheese: I didn't even think it was possible. But my hair now has a 0.1 inch thicker circumference, which brings me up to a 2.5 inches. I now truly feel like I can call myself a solid ii. Thank you LHC!

2. I can now produce a french braid that lokks good enough to wear in public. This has taken me MONTHS of training, and I've been doing it almost every day. Here's a blurry but fresh picture where you can also se that my hair has increased in thickness (though it's still very tapered due to layers):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6710&pictureid=97069

3. I have finally found a routine that works for me! Horray!
I've had problems with greasiness, and have tried a lot of things. My conclusions are that:

SLS = Evil (for MY scalp anyway). The moviestar wash method was an epic fail.
CO works ok, but it makes my hair kind of lank.
Very light oilings does wonders for my velcro-y ends, and I don't even have to use condish to make them happy, as long as I have som EVOO :)
The less I touch my hair the better - When I constantly comb and fiddle with it, it becomes greasier much, much faster.
The occational heavy oiling and SMT are great to make my hair stronger and moisturized.But the miracle is spelled R-H-A-S-S-O-U-L! It makes my hair beautifully clean, detangled and silky. And It's so mild. Today is day three (washday=day one), and I've worn my hair in a french braid all day. And my hair looks... well, kinda clean :) I won't even have to wash it tomorrow! From now on, I think I might be able to strech my washes even further.

There is truly hope!! :cheer:

tigr
February 27th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Congratulations on hitting three milestones!

But the miracle is spelled R-H-A-S-S-O-U-L! It makes my hair beautifully clean, detangled and silky. And It's so mild.

What is this?

linnepinne
February 27th, 2011, 02:06 PM
:) It's rhassoul clay. A type of morrocan clay that gently cleanses you hair and skin. Here's a link with more info:
http://www.maroque.co.uk/rhassoul.aspx

princessp
February 27th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Congratulations linnepinne! I'm going to look into that clay it sounds awesome.