PDA

View Full Version : Blowdryers on Cool Setting

BeachBabe91
February 27th, 2011, 09:07 AM
How bad are blowdryers, really, if you use them on a cool to mild-warm setting?
Or even vary between cool and mild-warm?

Jcv-Shelley
February 27th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Well it could depend on how powerful your blow dyrer is and what kind of hair you have, but otherwise than that it should be just fine if you don't do it religously. If you have curly hair I recommend a diffuser :)

BeachBabe91
February 27th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Mine is "ionic" and my hair is not curly at all. It has a slight wave to it in humid weather, and after my shower if I let it air dry. but I think the "wave" mostly comes from dye damage, and not my natural texture. :P

monsterna
February 27th, 2011, 09:13 AM
From my experience, I'd say that if the temperature is alright for your hand to be under without having to move it out of the way to cool off, then that is okay for hair.

If I do blow dry, like my bangs in the mornings sometimes or when I take my monthly picture, then I do it on the warm and/or cool setting. I think the more damaging thing about blow dryers for people with hair long enough to blow all around, is the wind it creates. That creates tangles. So hold your hair carefully and try not to let it blow all over the place (as I used to pre-LHC =\). It should be fine!