PDA

View Full Version : Help - How to wash out EVOO?

CurlyZ
February 27th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Hello everyone!

So I'm sitting here with my first EVOO treatment.
I warmed up the EVOO, applied a generous amount in my superdry hair, made a bun and covered it.

Now my question:

How do I wash it later out?
Shampoo? Conditioner only? Water temperatur?

Which routine works best for you?

I read somewhere on LHC that many "new members" can't get the oil out that easily...

Many thanks in advance!!!

Anywhere
February 27th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I do a CO route, i leave the conditioner on my dry hair for maybe 5~10 minutes before showering, then rinse, then re-condition like I usually do in the shower, and rinse again. Shampoo can be too harsh for some people and COing it out leaves some oil in.

If you have time to spare, I would suggest leaving your hair to dry after COing it out. That way if it's too oily for your liking you could do a light shampooing or another CO wash to remove more oil.

littlenvy
February 27th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I have no problem washing it out with just regular SLS free shampoo.
But to be safe you can try just conditioner. It works much better. Put a healthy dose of conditioner on, massage it into your hair and keep it on for at least 10 minutes.
Wash out as usual.

LawyerGirl
February 27th, 2011, 08:41 AM
In my experience, conditioner works better than shampoo for removing oil. :)

CurlyZ
February 27th, 2011, 08:46 AM
In my experience, conditioner works better than shampoo for removing oil. :)

Do you apply the conditioner on dry hair?

CurlyZ
February 27th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Thank you all for the advice! :)
I'll let you know how it worked out!

3azza
February 27th, 2011, 09:14 AM
I work it out the usual way as if i have no oil in my hair. If i'm using shampoo and i felt that the shampoo is not being foamy like usual because i added too much oil, i wash one more time with shampoo.

CurlyZ
February 27th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I work it out the usual way as if i have no oil in my hair. If i'm using shampoo and i felt that the shampoo is not being foamy like usual because i added too much oil, i wash one more time with shampoo.

Ooooh, you have beautiful curls!!!! :)
Doesn't shampooing twice dry your hair out?

3azza
February 27th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Not if you don't feel your hair is not clean after first wash. It pretty much depends on how much oil you add to your hair. when i first started doing oil soaks, i used to use lots of oil. Now i don't even use shampoo, i CO. I don't use oil with CO because my hair stays oily. Sometimes i add a teaspoon of oil though to CO.

CurlyZ
February 27th, 2011, 05:20 PM
So I washed now my hair with CO, rinsed and applied my leave in.
While wet my hair looked like usually.
Now it's dry and well: no difference to before the EVOO!
My hair still feels kind of dry and a little frizzy. Not greasy at all (that was my biggest concern with EVOO).
Did I do something wrong?
I expected more moisture/softness.....maybe even a miracle....and got nothing. :(
What is your experience with EVOO?
Do you have to use it often to see results?
WHAT are your RESULTS????

Lianna
February 27th, 2011, 05:41 PM
You might be like me and notice difference after a few applications, EVVO seem to "linger" in the hair after that, so much that it won't be totally stripped after SLS shampoos, which is good. I don't mean will be greasy after, just softer, less frizzy, what you really expected.

I often do it with damp hair to begin with, dry hair gives me less "results". With damp hair, the moisture will be trapped for a longer time, so your hair will be "moisturizing" that whole time, until you wash it, or dries. Also EVOO is one of the few oils that can penetrate the hair strand, so even dry it can be beneficial.

CurlyZ
February 27th, 2011, 05:53 PM
You might be like me and notice difference after a few applications, EVVO seem to "linger" in the hair after that, so much that it won't be totally stripped after SLS shampoos, which is good. I don't mean will be greasy after, just softer, less frizzy, what you really expected.

I often do it with damp hair to begin with, dry hair gives me less "results". With damp hair, the moisture will be trapped for a longer time, so your hair will be "moisturizing" that whole time, until you wash it, or dries. Also EVOO is one of the few oils that can penetrate the hair strand, so even dry it can be beneficial.

Dear Lianna,
you gave me hope now! :cheese:
Thanks for sharing your experience!