PDA

View Full Version : This girls hair- Is it naturally long or is it extensions?

Dreamkitty
February 27th, 2011, 05:52 AM
:) I love Lily Collins hair, she has long hair & ive read that she does her own hair. Which interests me more, so Im wondering if her hair is naturally long or whether it is extensions? its nice to see celebs with naturally long hair.

Here is some pics. Also do you think her hair is in layers?

http://i54.tinypic.com/15d1etl.jpg

lara grace
February 27th, 2011, 05:58 AM
That looks like natural hair to me, and I'm pretty good at spotting extensions because I've been wearing them myself for around 3 years (ugh I know). And yes I think her hair is in layers, you can see shorter bits around shoulder length. Her hair is pretty :)

nazzooyzo
February 27th, 2011, 07:09 AM
yeh definitely layers going on there. hmm not sure if there are extensions... the ends look a bit strange which makes me think they might be extensions. slightly off topic but i love her eyebrows!

Maverick494
February 27th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I think itīs her natural hair. Iīve looked her up and she has her hair long in every single picture. Also, it doesnīt look very thick at the ends, whereas Megan Fox (who does use extensions) hair always looks insanely thick at the bottom.

I'm also good at spotting extensions, because there's always something 'off' about them.

Dreamkitty
February 27th, 2011, 07:48 AM
I think you guys are right. Her hair looks naturally long, I love her waves & brow shape too.:)

krissykins
February 27th, 2011, 10:04 AM
It's definitely her natural hair. Extensions usually look thicker at the ends and sometimes you can spot them at the roots.

battles
February 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Her hair is gorgeous! /jealous

AnnaJamila
February 27th, 2011, 11:07 AM
I love that texture! I'm a huge fan of the whole super-smooth-sleek-40's waves (on longer hair, of course) but I love that beachy fresh look!

Kathie
February 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I like :D I’d be a happy person if my hair grew to look like that!!

I really like those layers, her hair looks quite thick so I think they have a functional aspect. Also they’re not harsh layers, which you see a lot of these days.

vanillabones
February 27th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Dream hair :( I am going to save this picture! It could be very realistic for me since that is close to my virgin color and definitely baby fine and thin, I'm sure with bun waves I could pull this off in idk... 5 years :D haaa... but it is possible she has some extensions in even though it looks like her natural hair would be the same length as the extensions, you never know. I've worn many types of extensions and with very thin hair it can be hard to tell.

NouvelleNymphe2
February 27th, 2011, 01:25 PM
yeh definitely layers going on there. hmm not sure if there are extensions... the ends look a bit strange which makes me think they might be extensions. slightly off topic but i love her eyebrows!

This, and the brows were the first thing I noticed. They are AWESOME!

Ais
February 27th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Wow, I've never seen this girl before but I already want her hair! I initially thought extensions, but then I am a cynic when it comes to celebrity's hair as it is so often extensions responsible for length, but it does look quite natural :) And once again, those brows! <3 She's beautiful. I'm hoping for hair like that eventually - mine is more wurly but it's straightening a bit as it gets longer.

Lianna
February 27th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Seems like her real hair. When someone has extensions, even if the color matches exactly, and it's human hair, the extensions seem to have a different "color shine" (not color, not shine). I'm not sure I can explain, maybe someone out there knows what I mean. :D

Often the aspect "F/M/C" seems a bit off when wearing extentions, since it's hard to get your exact texture, and some even have mixed textures. But not everyone's extensions can be spotted though. Once I had fine hair extensions that I used the same color box that I use on my hair, so it wasn't obvious at all, even for me (I used mostly with updos). I still have it in my closet, dunno why I said 'had'. :D

You can also see how the ashy color is the same roots and some of the length, ashy colors aren't that easy to reproduce with dye to that exact match.

UltraBella
February 27th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I think this pic looks like her real hair, but I have seen other pictures of her online where she is definitely wearing extensions.

hazelnut
February 27th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Oh, that's Lily Collins, Phil Collins' daughter. I'm pretty sure that that is her actual hair length and color.

elbow chic
February 27th, 2011, 08:56 PM
so many showbiz women wear extensions that EVERY time I see that layered style I just assume "extensions." Pretty either way, though-- even if they are extensions they weren't just slapped on there.

Darkhorse1
February 27th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Remember, movie stars can afford extensions that are real high quality. Lindsay Lohan uses extensions and I was shocked, so it's quite possible these are extensions.

Whatever the case, she has lovely hair and is a very pretty girl--very nice picture of her :)

curlymarcia
February 28th, 2011, 11:38 AM
It looks natural and lovely. Is the hair color of my dreams.

Safira
March 1st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Thats her own hair. It has shades of brown what seems to me, natural.