PDA

View Full Version : Beauty Bottle account activation?

pepperminttea
February 27th, 2011, 03:43 AM
I registered on The Beauty Bottle about a week ago and I think my account's still waiting to be activated (it's under the same username). I wouldn't normally ask, but most forums tend to take a day or two rather than a week, so I thought I'd check; sorry if there's a massive backlog to be worked through, I don't mean to nag.

I just want to participate in the Group Orders, I won't cause havoc, promise. :D

1hunky5monkeys
March 1st, 2011, 03:35 PM
Have you checked your spam folder for an email?

pepperminttea
March 2nd, 2011, 02:13 AM
Have you checked your spam folder for an email?

Yup. I have verified my email, I'm just waiting for them to activate the account as far as I know.

scorpio_rising
March 2nd, 2011, 02:43 AM
I'm glad you asked this because I have tried to register on TBB but gotten a message that my email address had been banned which is just weird and makes no sense. I sent an email but didn't hear anything back. :(

pepperminttea
March 2nd, 2011, 06:42 AM
I'm glad you asked this because I have tried to register on TBB but gotten a message that my email address had been banned which is just weird and makes no sense. I sent an email but didn't hear anything back. :(

That is really odd. :( Must be a bug somewhere. Either that or us LHCers smell funny. :p

physicschick
March 2nd, 2011, 07:12 AM
I PMed a TBB mod in case they hadn't seen this thread, and they are looking into the problem.

justgreen
March 2nd, 2011, 07:16 AM
I'll go check into it and see what I can find out.

justgreen
March 2nd, 2011, 07:29 AM
Ok Pepperminttea, I've found you and will try and get your account activated, Scorpio rising, I need your exact user name you registered under please?

Dierna
March 2nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
Thanks Justy. Being on the west coast, I just got the PM a minute ago ;)

triumphator!
March 3rd, 2011, 07:47 PM

I had the same problem... that was like 6 months ago though.

scorpio_rising
March 3rd, 2011, 07:59 PM
Ok Pepperminttea, I've found you and will try and get your account activated, Scorpio rising, I need your exact user name you registered under please?

I will send you a PM! Thanks! :)

pepperminttea
March 6th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Still not activated here, but I appreciate the help. :)

Carolyn
March 6th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Justy and I talked on the phone and on line. As far as we know you should have received an e mail with a link to activate your account just like at LHC. They often go to spam folders. We don't go in and activate accounts. I'm not sure if we can. I was hoping one of the admins would see our posts in TBB mod room. It doesn't look like an admin has checked in. I'll send out a couple pm's and see if I can find out anything. Justy is busy getting ready to go on a trip so I don't know if she's checking in now.

justgreen
March 6th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Yes, I'm still a bit agitated about this. I hope it gets solved soon. I hate it when someone wants to join up and cannot. TBB has a lot to offer and we need more folks to stop by and visit us. All are welcome. =)

pepperminttea
March 7th, 2011, 02:15 AM
There's definitely nothing in junk mail, sorry. I don't suppose there's a way to resend the email?

Carolyn
March 7th, 2011, 05:33 AM
There's definitely nothing in junk mail, sorry. I don't suppose there's a way to resend the email?I will ask if I get in contact with an admin or someone who might know more than I do.

pepperminttea
March 7th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Thank you. Sorry to be such a hassle. :o

krissykins
March 7th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Hmm, I registered for TBB to see if there was a problem with the server not sending the email, but I got the email. :shrug: I hope things get worked out! TBB looks pretty cool so far.

Carolyn
March 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Thank you. Sorry to be such a hassle. :oNot a problem at all :) I've sent 2 PM's asking for help but no replies yet.

Carolyn
March 21st, 2011, 03:17 PM
We haven't forgotten about you. I've PM'd all 3 admins but have not heard anything back. I talked to Flaxen and she said it would be an admin thing to do. Not something a regular mod could do. I don't know what else to do until one of the admins gets back to me or can go in and fix it.

gypsymoth
March 21st, 2011, 08:54 PM
Hi, when I tried registering I also got a message saying that my email had been banned. Does anyone know why this is? :(

Teacherbear
March 27th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I am just now looking into this, I apologize to everyone who has been awaiting verification over at TBB.

I registered on The Beauty Bottle about a week ago and I think my account's still waiting to be activated (it's under the same username).
I went into your account and I think I activated it. Give it a try and let me know.

I looked into your account, but don't find anyone with that name. Please PM me and let me know what user name you used.

I had the same problem... that was like 6 months ago though.
I couldn't find a user by your name either, please PM me with your user name.

Hi, when I tried registering I also got a message saying that my email had been banned. Does anyone know why this is? :(
I couldn't find a user by your name either, please PM me with your user name.

pepperminttea
April 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
I went into your account and I think I activated it. Give it a try and let me know.

Success, it let me post! Thank you! :D

Timkerbelle
April 10th, 2011, 03:23 AM
I'm also getting the error about my email being banned. I would like to join TBB!

krissykins
April 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Not to be a bother, but my account still isn't activated :o I got the activation email, so I guess I still need to be approved? Can someone help me? :D

phistash
April 13th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Not to be a bother, but my account still isn't activated :o I got the activation email, so I guess I still need to be approved? Can someone help me? :D

I'm not in any hurry or anything, but I just thought I'd mention that I had the same problem. When I tried to register with one email, I was told it was banned, which amused me greatly. I tried a different email (which is exactly the same, just a different service provider), and was accepted. I got the activation email with no trouble, but I haven't been approved. I'm using the same username as here.

Thanks, everyone!

Teacherbear
April 18th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I'm also getting the error about my email being banned. I would like to join TBB!

Everything I am looking at at TBB indicates that your account allows you to post (and that you are not banned).

Let me know if it works for you now.

I'm not in any hurry or anything, but I just thought I'd mention that I had the same problem. When I tried to register with one email, I was told it was banned, which amused me greatly. I tried a different email (which is exactly the same, just a different service provider), and was accepted. I got the activation email with no trouble, but I haven't been approved. I'm using the same username as here.

Thanks, everyone!
Let me know if it works for you now.

krissykins
April 18th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Thank you so much, Teacherbear! :smooch:

justgreen
September 18th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Ok, here's what I know:

gypsymoth, pepperminttea , krissykins and phistash all have accounts that are open and you are on the member list which means you should be able to post.

Scorpio rising, triumphator and Timkerbelle, if you have registered under the names I posted, would you mind trying to register again and let me know what happens here on this post? You are NOT on the ban list, or the member list.

I apologise, again, but we had our hands tied and have now been given ADMIN, so CArolyn and I are trying to figure out how to work the site, LOL...the blind (me) leading the blind. LOL again.

Anyone else that is interested, please join! If you have problems post here . I will check daily and see what we can do.

Thanks so much everyone, hope to see you at TBB and hope to have lots of fun!

hugs
*justy*