PDA

View Full Version : perfect home haircuts using *daisies*

Vanessa Arthur
February 26th, 2011, 11:17 PM
For home hair cuts, Its called *daisies*, and its a godsend... If ur are commited to growing ur hair out, tired of limp boring no style hair, want layers, but fear the salon, ur like me. I sought a solution, and this is what i found, a godsend... Home haircuts made PERFECT everytime.... Check bothe of the YouTube video links bellow.

<links removed>

Thank You *daisies* I now have awesome hair!

PS: Its worth $30 from her website, its worth it! I got one for my mom and another for myself, we are very pleased with this product, the built-in level ensures a perfectly straight cut. Trust me, It pays for it's self in what u would save in going to the salon.

PPS: If ur too spend thrift, At ur own risk I will add that you can cut ur own hair into layers by flipping it upside down grab it like ur gonna put it into a pony tail infront of you just like in the video and snip snip, it might not come out even though.

AnnaJamila
February 26th, 2011, 11:39 PM
That's cool but watching the way she cut the hair made me cringe! Lol, I'll have to keep that nifty gizmo in mind...

UltraBella
February 26th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Wow, sorry, but I watched several of the YouTube videos and the one little girl with brown hair and "top" layers got her hair hacked into a mess. There was nothing "perfect" about it. It was uneven and I cringed just watching it. It looked cute curled, but I can take a terrible cut and curl it and make it look cute. Does not mean it's a quality haircut.
I think there is plenty of potential for a disaster with this product. I really disliked the way the hair was just wacked off in large amounts.
A built in level can not ensure an even cut. Your outcome will vary considerably by the way you brush the hair and pull it together before you clip it. It can be level, but still be off center. I would never let anyone near my hair with this and I have layers and love them. You could not duplicate my layers with this product, I am far too picky.
I am glad you like this product and it works for you, but claiming it cuts hair perfectly every time ? I would have to strongly disagree. Just my opinion.

lapushka
February 27th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I have some layers left in my hair because of a compact cut (ponytail up method), and I loved them. The clip didn't introduce those cuts. Also, there's Feye's method. The clip might help if you have trouble cutting straight, true, but that's it. Apart from that, I don't know...

kschr2004
February 27th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Is it just me, or does the OP's post sound sort of like an advertisement? :wink: Just saying.

ETA: Vanessa Arthur, glad it worked for you. I would be afraid to try it on myself. :)

TrudieCat
February 27th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Wow, sorry, but I watched several of the YouTube videos and the one little girl with brown hair and "top" layers got her hair hacked into a mess. There was nothing "perfect" about it. It was uneven and I cringed just watching it. It looked cute curled, but I can take a terrible cut and curl it and make it look cute. Does not mean it's a quality haircut.
I think there is plenty of potential for a disaster with this product. I really disliked the way the hair was just wacked off in large amounts.
A built in level can not ensure an even cut. Your outcome will vary considerably by the way you brush the hair and pull it together before you clip it. It can be level, but still be off center. I would never let anyone near my hair with this and I have layers and love them. You could not duplicate my layers with this product, I am far too picky.
I am glad you like this product and it works for you, but claiming it cuts hair perfectly every time ? I would have to strongly disagree. Just my opinion.

Bolded because I think this is really a good point. I've considered this product but never bought it because of this.

Is it just me, or does the OP's post sound sort of like an advertisement? :wink: Just saying.

ETA: Vanessa Arthur, glad it worked for you. I would be afraid to try it on myself. :)

Yeah, I thought this too.

morecowbell
February 27th, 2011, 08:27 AM

Agreed. I've seen this product before, and I would say that it probably helps with cutting your own hair straight across, but I wouldn't pay $30 for something a scrunchie can do. The layering all looks choppy and just plain bad (I should know, I cut my own layers in last year lol!).

I think the OP needs to do some reading on our site before posting so many new threads.

lapushka
February 27th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I thought this too.

Me three. It does sound like an ad.

jaine
February 27th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I must agree with Ultra Bella ... I don't think there's any way to duplicate at home what a skilled professional can do.
I tried so many different compact haircutting methods at home before I joined LHC, and even with 10 years of practice cutting my own hair, my hair ALWAYS looked like it had been chewed by a lawnmower. And I was careful to the point of OCD about getting it even. It's just not possible for me to give myself a professional-looking haircut ... I would try and try again over the course of several weeks trying to get it right, losing many inches in the process ... and then I had to lose even more length for a professional to fix it.

3azza
February 27th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Me three. It does sound like an ad.
Me four!!!

Lexy
February 27th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Closed due to troll issues.