PDA

View Full Version : Shedding Question

jlw9222
February 26th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I have a question about new shedding. I used Aveda's color depositing conditioner about three weeks ago. I left it on my hair a lot longer than I should have. I noticed the next day that my scalp itched a little and seemed red in some spots. Two days after that the back of my ears really itched.

It wasn't until a few days later that I noticed a lot of shedding. I have been taking MSM and biotin for several months and shedding was to an extreme minimum, so I was used to that level of shedding.

I guess you could say my current shedding is similar to how much my hair had been shedding prior to MSM, but it's been lasting a good couple weeks and paranoia is starting to sink in a little.

Has anyone else experienced this type of shedding after a chemical irritation or do you think it's something else? If so, how long did the increase in shedding last?

I don't have any increased stress. Although this may start giving me some. :)

RadiantNeedle
February 26th, 2011, 09:50 PM
I shed very badly for years, and experienced extreme skin irritation from sulphate shampoos.
Every time I try one again, 'just to see', it happens again.
The shedding lasted until I tried CO washing, but it's come back for different reasons.

jlw9222
February 27th, 2011, 10:22 PM
I'm trying to stay positive and focus on CO washes and coconut oil soaks on my scalp. I'm hoping that reigns in the excessive shedding.