PDA

View Full Version : almost an inch? 2 weeks?

gthlvrmx
February 26th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Ok i am really not so sure about this BUT
before i got my braids, my hair was at nipp level. Two weeks later, it had grown an INCH. I was so amazed and surprised because i thought it wouldn't grow so much and also because i hadn't seen it in a while.
Well, i wanted to try it out and see if it really grew that fast in two weeks. I measured again after two weeks and i saw about almost 1 inch of growth, in between 1/2 and 1 inch. Im still kind of in disbelief but I will try again and see if it is true.
Honestly, if my hair does grow that fast, I'm in heavan.

McFearless
February 26th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I think we all hate you now:D

MsEvans
February 26th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Are you measuring undergrowth or your whole length?

gthlvrmx
February 26th, 2011, 08:42 PM
im only measuring from where the ends are. is this why or wat?

MrsGuther
February 26th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Congrats on the fast growth! That's amazing! :)

Cybelle
February 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM
The same thing just happened to me this month! I've been documenting my growth out of curiosity and realized that I had gained an inch in ten days. I thought after I passed BSL that waist happened rather fast and after that I seemd to be fast approaching HL. At first I thought it was my imagination but apparently it's not. Congratulations on your growth and happy growing to you.:eek:

wavykisses
February 26th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Congrats I'm so happy for you. I wish my hair grow as fast.

Debra83
February 26th, 2011, 11:38 PM
The same thing just happened to me this month! I've been documenting my growth out of curiosity and realized that I had gained an inch in ten days. I thought after I passed BSL that waist happened rather fast and after that I seemd to be fast approaching HL. At first I thought it was my imagination but apparently it's not. Congratulations on your growth and happy growing to you.:eek:

before i got my braids, my hair was at nipp level. Two weeks later, it had grown an INCH. I was so amazed and surprised because i thought it wouldn't grow so much and also because i hadn't seen it in a while.
Well, i wanted to try it out and see if it really grew that fast in two weeks. I measured again after two weeks and i saw about almost 1 inch of growth, in between 1/2 and 1 inch. Im still kind of in disbelief but I will try again and see if it is true.

:confused::confused:Geeeeez, you guys!!!!:confused::confused: WHAT are you doing to promote it?!!! :confused::confused:

AnnaJamila
February 26th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I think we all hate you now:D

eh... yep. some people have all the good genetics!

mustpannkook
February 26th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Mine grew a lot in January... Even though I took the pictures slightly wrong it still grew about an inch in 2 weeks. Maybe we all are having a growth spurt? :D

Debra83
February 27th, 2011, 12:01 AM
May I have a growth spurt too please? :o

Vanessa Arthur
February 27th, 2011, 12:08 AM

WOW, figure out what's ur secret and then tell us!

skaempfer
February 27th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Perhaps it's the impending spring and your hair going "yay!"

Uni&Corn
February 27th, 2011, 12:48 AM
What exactly have you been doing to your hair?? And inch in two weeks sounds absolutely glorious...

alwayssmiling
February 27th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Thats great and very exciting. My hair does this too. I have great spurts in growth. I will look in the mirror in the morning and think wow my hair looks long today. I get the measure out and sure enough I have grown an inch in a couple of weeks. Sadly I also have months where I get no growth AT ALL which is really disappointing. I've had very little over November and December. But an inch in January and 3/4" February. (weird)

Anyway lets hope we all get some good growth now spring is nearly here!!

HeatherJenae
February 27th, 2011, 08:09 AM
It's like hair puberty! Sudden growth spurts! :)

gthlvrmx
February 27th, 2011, 12:23 PM
What exactly have you been doing to your hair?? And inch in two weeks sounds absolutely glorious...
ever since i got my braids out in early november, i got Nutri-Ox for thinning and fine hair(though i dont have fine hair, it was cuz i lost a ton) and Biotera reconstructing conditioner. For about a month twice a week i deep conditioned with a shower cap for an hour and rinsed. I also did the mayo with egg treatment and it was amazing, really helped my hair.I started wearing my hair up in a bun and braids but i still had lots of dry brittle ends so i made the move and cut off an inch in mid Jan. I stopped braiding it for fear of my ends breaking so i only braid my hair when i sleep. I bun it every day. I also air dry and i don't vigorously dry it with the towel(like the way i used to! us boys i swear), a new lil thing i learned after my braids. After the towel, i add profesional Sebastian Potion 9. Its a product from mexico and it really helps my curls CURL and prevents drying. But i bun it for sure every day because i let my hair down for a week and my started splitting and breaking, i had a lil panic there. I also take Biotin 5000 mcg every day and two multivitamins and it really did help me. :) Less shedding. Hmm let's see, oh i also massaged sparsely but did experience faster growth wherever i did and now places that were baby hair short are filling up and getting longer. But my overall growth may take account from my genes, my mothers side of the family always had really fast growing hair. My mom cut her hair in a boy short style at 19 and at 23 was at her hips.

gthlvrmx
February 27th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Mine grew a lot in January... Even though I took the pictures slightly wrong it still grew about an inch in 2 weeks. Maybe we all are having a growth spurt? :D
jaja i sure hope its more than just that :P But again maybe 1/2 average overall growth SHOULD just be taken as an average and not exactly everyone's growth. Some people grow fast, some people grow slower.

gthlvrmx
February 27th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Thats great and very exciting. My hair does this too. I have great spurts in growth. I will look in the mirror in the morning and think wow my hair looks long today. I get the measure out and sure enough I have grown an inch in a couple of weeks. Sadly I also have months where I get no growth AT ALL which is really disappointing. I've had very little over November and December. But an inch in January and 3/4" February. (weird)

Anyway lets hope we all get some good growth now spring is nearly here!!

yes exactly! when december hit, my hair suddenly stopped growing so fast and it seemed like in some sort of shock. Probably barely 1/2 in december, but now that the sun has been around longer and the temp has been going up, it's going back to normal. And i've been just soaking as much sun as i can, winter sucks when all you do is stay in the house like lil tiny gophers.

Adamia
February 27th, 2011, 12:37 PM
my mothers side of the family always had really fast growing hair. My mom cut her hair in a boy short style at 19 and at 23 was at her hips.

Whoa, it took me almost 9 years to do grow that far! I am totally jealous. ;)

nazzooyzo
February 27th, 2011, 03:28 PM
wow i'm jealous will def be doing more scalp massages!