PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Did a Figure 8 Bun!!!!

coppercurls
June 11th, 2008, 11:43 AM
After years at LHC I finally figured out how to do a figure 8 bun!! I don't know why this updo' was so hard for me to figure out. This morning I was playing with my hair & thought I would try it again & <cue awe inspiring music> Planets & stars aligned, my hands did what they were supposed to, my hair twisted the right way and a figure 8 was created!!!

I just secured it with 2 good days hairpins. I also have photographic evidence that I actually did it!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c121/Coppercurls1969/6-11-8Figure8.jpg

China Cat Sunflower
June 11th, 2008, 11:46 AM
that's awesome :) you did a great job :)

Phalaenopsis
June 11th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Oh my gosh, that's a HUGE figure 8 !
Congratulations!

Good that I'm growing to 34 inch, since I'm also an iii and want to be able to do a figure 8 someday :)

Curlsgirl
June 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Great job! I wear those all the time along with infinities. It's the most comfortable, stable, very quick updo I know! I think it looks pretty too.

AJoifulNoise
June 11th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Wow, that's an impressive figure 8! Congrats!

:joy:

Cichelle
June 11th, 2008, 12:12 PM
oh, wow....that's huge and really pretty! I just recently figured out how to do one, but I'm quite sure I'm cheating somehow!

lora410
June 11th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I am in awe over your massive , impressive, perfect, figure eight :thud:

hurricane_gia
June 11th, 2008, 12:51 PM
That's an awesome Figure 8!! It really shows off how thick your hair is. :cheese:

Patrycja
June 11th, 2008, 01:38 PM
:thud: :thudpile: :cheer: :agape:

yeah-that about covers it.That is absolutely gorgeous.Such thickness and.....wow....

harley mama
June 11th, 2008, 01:42 PM
And you did a great job.:applause

My goodness, what a huge bun you have, my dear!:bigeyes::shocked::thud:

Gumball
June 11th, 2008, 01:45 PM
That's a beautiful Monster 8 bun! I'm glad the planets decided to finally align for you. I thought I heard the music over here. It wasn't just in my head!

coppercurls
June 11th, 2008, 08:54 PM
:crush:Awe, thank you all for your kind words. They do mean alot to me.
I can finally be proud of big buns!:eyebrows:

missmanytoes
June 11th, 2008, 11:23 PM

bwahahaha! You nearly made me snort my soda! I've never wished for big buns before, but now I'm having big bun envy.

sapphire-o
June 11th, 2008, 11:57 PM
That's a figure-8 bun? I thought it's a large loaf of freshly baked bread. :D Congrats!

forgetmenotak
June 11th, 2008, 11:59 PM
[/FONT]

ROTFLAO I want big buns too! :eyebrows:

morgwn
June 12th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Congrats! That is a gorgeously big figure-8 bun! Wowzah! :shocked:

I tried doing this recently and failed miserably. I need to wait until my hair's a bit longer to try to for this one, I think. But so many people having success stories with this bun gives me some encouragement to keep trying. :)

coppercurls
June 12th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Congrats! That is a gorgeously big figure-8 bun! Wowzah! :shocked:

I tried doing this recently and failed miserably. I need to wait until my hair's a bit longer to try to for this one, I think. But so many people having success stories with this bun gives me some encouragement to keep trying. :)

Don't give up morgwn! I didn't think I would ever get it either.

jojo
June 12th, 2008, 10:49 AM
This is my ultimate favorite style, I cannot wait until i can do that, yours looks lovely and your hair is so thick too. congratulations!

Fencai
June 12th, 2008, 10:51 AM
that's gorgeous and large! I love it!!! well done!

coppercurls
June 12th, 2008, 11:46 AM
That's a figure-8 bun? I thought it's a large loaf of freshly baked bread. :D Congrats!

That's why I needed that big ol' copper slide that you put on the swap board!:p

equiraptor
June 12th, 2008, 12:50 PM
That's a beautiful figure 8 bun. Thanks for posting, too. I saw your post here yesterday (having never come to the forums before) and decided to try a figure 8 myself. Now I have even more ways to pin up my hair. :)