PDA

View Full Version : What not to do to your hair when your tired. . .

Jen123
February 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Twice in the last year I have done this when I'm tired. How dumb can I be. I've gone mostly conditioner only. It is definitely the best to get out a heavy oiling. So this morning the only bottle of conditioner I can find is the suave naturals coconut milk. While I'm globbing it on my hair for the ten-minute get the oil out presoak on dry hair, I keep remarking to myself how pretty it is. Kind of has a pearly luminescene. The more I put in I notice my hair is kinda of bubbly. I think I must have not rinsed out all of my soap nut last time and continue to glob in my "conditioner". When I rinse my hands off, there is a sink full of bubbles. You would think at this point I would get it.

Then, as my scalp begins to burn :(, I finally realize maybe I should READ the bottle and wouldn't you know it I just gobbed shampoo full strength all over my hair and my scalp.

Ugh. My hair was getting so nice over the last month once I determined my scalp is very sensitive to any sls (even natural ones) and quit using shampoo. Talk about double time to get that stuff out of my hair and off of my scalp.

Oh well I guess, I just really clarified and will do another oil earlier than I planned.

What "bad" things have you done to your hair when you were tired?

krissykins
February 26th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Oh my gosh, I did that too! Actually, I bought TWO bottles of Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut shampoo, thinking they were conditioner bottles, and proceeded to dump it on my head without checking to make sure they were actually bottles of conditioner! :silly:

I can't remember if I've done anything else silly to my hair without thinking.

rena
February 26th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Sleeping with my hair out...I remember being so tired thinking, "I don't feel like braiding it and it would be too uncomfortable sleeping with it in a bun or something. Oh, it won't be that bad in the morning if I leave it down..."

(Quote from Tom & Jerry episode)

***Don't you believe it!***

RancheroTheBee
February 26th, 2011, 12:14 PM
:brickwall Argh! I did that exact same thing a couple of months ago. I bought a bunch of conditioner on sale and realized it was shampoo! I was still out of conditioner!

Also, worst thing: Almost washed with with Nair, set my bangs on fire, almost forgot to wash out hairdye (HOW, I'll never know) and let a parrot comb it for me with his feet because I was too tired to move him.

Anywhere
February 26th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I've never done that, but I have decided, while tired, that my hair would look "cute" with more face framing bits, and cut them then and there. They've grown out to a semi-reasonable length but I still can't wait for them to be back where they were. :o

Jen123
March 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one to be tricked by coconut naturals. I drew all over my bottle with permanent marker. Suave really needs to change the way they mark the coconut line.

It is reassuring to read everyone else's tired moments.

lacefrost
March 1st, 2011, 09:25 PM
Give yourself layers. (sighs) Never again. . .

HintOfMint
March 1st, 2011, 09:45 PM
I accidentally bought the shampoo instead of the conditioner, mixed the shampoo into a modified SMT and globbed it on in the shower.

My hair was EXTREMELY bubbly. Fortunately the honey and coconut oil took a bit of the harshness out but still... oy.

Ravenne
March 1st, 2011, 11:16 PM
I've also bought the shampoo Suave Coconut instead of conditioner. My parents didn't understand why I couldn't just use the shampoo and wait till tomorrow to go get conditioner. No. I was *out* and there shall be no waiting. Lol

The absolute worst thing I ever did (and I knew it at the time, I just didn't want to seem like a high maintenance priss in front of DBF's family) was leave it down while we were all swimming in the lake and then left it down while on a speedboat and ... *gulp* riding on jetskis. And then we were so exhausted by the time we left that I just passed out and didn't bother detangling and braiding. Ugh....

Not exaggerating, it took me over 3 hours to get all the tangles out and I'm sure that a majority of the damage I've got now is a result of that little adventure...

Debra83
March 1st, 2011, 11:19 PM
did the SAME thing (only once so far though!!!)....didn't realize until I CWC - ALL WITH SHAMPOO!!!! I even put it on my status on FACEBOOK!!!!!

darklion
March 1st, 2011, 11:26 PM
I've accidentally dumped BODY WASH on my head instead of conditioner.
I couldn't rinse that out fast enough.

mustpannkook
March 1st, 2011, 11:40 PM
It has happened with me too, just not with Suave. It's not sold here. My mom occasionally buys conditioners and when I see it's actually a shampoo we argue for a while because she's sure she bought conditioner...

Nae
March 2nd, 2011, 06:12 AM
Well, one time, at a hotel (pre-LHC) I was using the hotel soaps and shampoos. I somehow ended up dumping a whole bottle of hand lotion in my hair thinking it was shampoo. Boy was that a mess!!!

annieangel149
March 2nd, 2011, 06:22 AM
Well, one time, at a hotel (pre-LHC) I was using the hotel soaps and shampoos. I somehow ended up dumping a whole bottle of hand lotion in my hair thinking it was shampoo. Boy was that a mess!!!

:laugh: omg that is the exact same thing i did about a year ago! i was in that shower forever trying to get it all off. my hair was really weird for the following week but it didnt damage it thank God!

anodyne_ame
March 2nd, 2011, 06:54 AM
Good thing these days my shampoo and conditioner are from different brands, so I don't mix the bottles...but I've had a few of those "noooooo!!"-moments with bottles that look alike too.
I guess the latest was when I did a heavy oiling with olive oil, halfway through I realised it smelled funny but was too tired to pay that much attention. Turns out it was way beyond its best before date and my hair wasn't too happy...I've avoided olive oil since that :P

Nae
March 2nd, 2011, 07:37 AM
:laugh: omg that is the exact same thing i did about a year ago! i was in that shower forever trying to get it all off. my hair was really weird for the following week but it didnt damage it thank God!

Lol, yeah it was awful wasn't it? I am never doing that again!!