PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Baby Hairs Due to Ill-advised Thinning

brickworld13
February 26th, 2011, 04:29 AM
I'm not sure if this is on the right board, but feel free to move it for me. :) The title pretty much sums it up. In my profile there is a picture of me with shoulder length hair and bangs. When I got that cut, I also had my hair thinned. I've had a lot of growth since then, and now there are baby hairs that hang to my jawline everywhere. I'm glad the hair is growing, but I don't know what to do with them to keep them out of my face. I hate hair in my face. Pulling my hair up works great for the length, but those little wispy baby hairs wont stay in any style. I've been wearing a headband a lot, but it gives me a headache. How do I keep those little gems out of my face and still growing?

CrisDee
February 26th, 2011, 04:38 AM
I have a similar "problem" with baby hairs all around my face due to additional growth stimulated by MN and Megatek. :) The way I keep them tamed is with the homemade hairspray I make. Take a large lemon, slice it, put it in a small saucepan with about a cup and a half of water. Bring it to a boil, simmer it for a couple hours. Strain it into a spray bottle, add a couple teaspoons of alcohol as a preservative, maybe some aloe and honey if you want for extra hold. It holds better than store-bought hairspray for me. A couple days ago I just re-cut bangs/fringe, and yesterday I decided to comb them back for an off-the-forehead look, using that spray to keep them back - and it worked! I've never had success with that method before using conventional hairspray. If you're just smoothing baby hairs back, maybe just a dab of aloe gel by itself will work just as well for you. Good luck! :flower:

brickworld13
February 26th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I must go shopping for lemons. I keep oranges around because I eat them all the time, but lemons don't get used by me very often in the winter.

Panth
February 26th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Aloe gel on its own is good, though if the air is dry it will suck the moisture out of your hair as it is a humectant (though, conversely, if you live in a humid environment it'll be really good for your hair!).

Aloe gel mixed 1:1 in the hand with coconut oil is also nice and doesn't have the humectant problem so much as the oil helps keep the moisture in.

CAPA7
February 26th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Does aloe gel on its own make your hair feel stiff the way styling products sometimes do? I have baby hairs on the top of my head and coconut oil seems to just make them frizzier, so at the moment I use a curl cream from The Body Shop, but if possible I'd like to use a natural product.

Kaelee
February 26th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I don't know if it would work for you but I have long bangs/fringe and the way I keep them out of my face is to pull all my hair back and gently 'brush' them forward with my fingers, then gather them all together, twist them back and clip them on top of my head (I use one of those bendy 'snap' clips). It works great for me!

brickworld13
February 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I will look into the gel and the spray.

I don't think the clip would work very well. I have all over baby hairs, not just in the front. An elastic headband would be great if it didn't fall off all the time from the slickness of my hair.