PDA

View Full Version : So I really should always read the label on my conditioner

varintalonguard
February 26th, 2011, 02:59 AM
So tonight I'm standing in the shower preparing to wet it down, co it and prepare for a dusting I don't really want to do but my ends have been really funny. So I reach for the yummy smelling suave stuff I'm trying to use up and stopped for a moment. I don't recall every reading the ingredients since my mom had bought it ages ago. I almost swore when I did. Cones. The blasted thing had cones in it. I almost never have that issue with my cheap conditioners like the ones from costo. So I reach for another one, a much more expensive herbal essences (which the bagger at walmart gave me for free...not sure how it happened) which I've stopped using cause my other herbal had cones in it. I read the label and no cones... I almost cried. My ends hate cones. They get all porous and dry feeling so i try to stay away from them(I've discovered that this is what they loath due to LHC) even though I do like the weight they give to my hair. I just can't believe I almost trimmed during a growth halt (I got food poisoning, wreck my car so I spent a morning and afternoon in the hospital, and got the tummy flu twice since Jan 3rd.) because I didn't read a label. I will wash my ends extra good but a rinse with the herbal and a vinegar/mint oil rinse seems to have helped.

Anyone else have a similar story? Or care to laugh at my thoughtlessness?:p

brickworld13
February 26th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Yes, I discovered the same thing the last time I was in the shower. Before I had come to LHC, I didn't know what cones did to the hair and was always wondering why some products worked better than others. I had recently switched conditioner and was having problems. Read the label and felt like a dummy. I should learn to read the labels in the store!

tigerhearted
February 26th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Yeah this happened to me a few months back. I'd been trying a new conditioner that I swore I had read the label prior to buying it. One morning in the shower I was bored or something, and checked the label on a whim...and right there it listed a cone. So aggravating.

Anywhere
February 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM
yessir. Only not with cones. One of my previous conditioners had protein in it and my hair was getting grumpy after repeated use.

Nae
February 26th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Yep, drives me crazy. I will think that I have really read the WHOLE thing and then I will get home and find a cone when I am standing in the shower. (Maybe my eyes just work better in the shower...........i don't know. Totally irritating.

Ais
February 26th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Similar thing happened to me recently, only the opposite way around, my hair loves cones. Was convinced the conditioner I was using had cones, but my ends were drying out like crazy and I was all set to make the chop for the sake of the condition. I like to cut my hair the day after a wash, and luckily the pre-chop wash involved me running out of the previous conditioner and borrowing my mother's, which joy of joys, was Pantene, and full of coney goodness. Saved me a good inch or two!

katienoonan
February 26th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Similar thing happened to me recently, only the opposite way around, my hair loves cones. Was convinced the conditioner I was using had cones, but my ends were drying out like crazy and I was all set to make the chop for the sake of the condition. I like to cut my hair the day after a wash, and luckily the pre-chop wash involved me running out of the previous conditioner and borrowing my mother's, which joy of joys, was Pantene, and full of coney goodness. Saved me a good inch or two!

Oh oh oh! I'm SO relieved to find another conehead! :cheer:

Pantene repair and protect is the only (yes, the ONLY) conditioner to EVER work for me other than herbal essences...

I have used Olive oil, coconut oil, all sorts of no-cones... All of them left my hair either greasy for days (sometimes fater several washes) or totally dry and brittle!

I was starting to feel like a loony around here! :(

AnnaJamila
February 26th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Haha, proteins for me! I loved the Nature's Gate Henna poo/con and it would work wonderfully for about half a bottle and then my hair looked like poopie. Which es no bueno.

But now I'm a cool kid and I know all the wonderful LHC-tastic tips and tricks to awesomeness!