PDA

View Full Version : Growth according to seasons

Yasmine91
February 25th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I don't know if it's just me but I've noticed my hair has grown rather fast this winter. I trimmed my hair a little but it's already growing really fast and it's never done that before. Does hair grow faster in the winter or something?

yellowflower
February 25th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Not for me mines grown only 2cm in 11 weeks :(

UltraBella
February 25th, 2011, 07:42 AM
My daughter's hair has grown more than usual this winter too.
My hair doesn't vary much. I tend to get an inch of growth each month no matter what the season.

mustpannkook
February 25th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Mine seems growing really fast this winter... Otherwise the growth seems to be the same. It varies on people. I think I've taken care of my hair this winter very well and now it grows fast (maybe it's a thank you?) :eyebrows:

Nae
February 25th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I am having a slow down this winter. I swear I have been measuring at 22 inches for three months now. I figure it will pick up again soon so no worries.

Anywhere
February 25th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I think my hair doesn't care what season it is, it'll grow the same rate no matter what.

RancheroTheBee
February 25th, 2011, 10:53 AM
My hair has been growing a lot faster this winter, which is incredibly strange for me. Normally, it slows to a molasses rate during cold months and goes faster during the summer.

If your hair grows faster in winter, that's incredibly convenient, if you think about it. During winter, you can protect it more easily (hats, not as much sunlight) so you get extra growth but a little less damage. It's like getting paid more at work and getting taxed less. :p

sweetiepie
February 25th, 2011, 11:01 AM
My hair grows at snail rate so I can't even see the difference.

lw8666
February 25th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I have noticed some very rapid growth this winter! Seems like it just grew a whole ton out of no where.

varintalonguard
February 26th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Sadly I'm having very little growth this winter. The last 2 months have been really hard on my body thought with food poisoning, a car accident and the tummy flu. Hope when i feel better it kicks up again.

Taur5684
February 26th, 2011, 05:22 AM
exact opposite for me! I've never officially measured it so I can't give you numbers but I always notice a difference in growth during warm weather. Even my fingernails grow much faster and are less brittle. I always assumed it was the increased humidity taking away less moisture, but I haven't really looked into it. That's just my experience :-) Looking forward to summer!

Red_Wednesday
February 26th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Mine has been growing unusually fast too - if it keeps up this summer too...:disco:

Sunny_side_up
February 26th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Mine seemed to be continuing a good rate of growth when winter was drawing in back in 2010 then i had a week and a bit of horrid flu in Dec, noticed that following on from that my hair growing slowed. Pathetic amounts of food, poor sleeping patterns, whole body felt dreadful. Hair seems to have picked up from the end of Jan, i neatened up my fringe about two weeks ago and the length is back!:happydance: