PDA

View Full Version : Airplane Hair!

LovingLife
February 25th, 2011, 05:55 AM
hey guys! i'm just about to embark an 8 hour journey and i was just wondering. With the face cracking air :mad: in the airplane how is my hair gonna cope and look nice. cause of my curls i'm probably just gonna settle for a low messy bun but how about you guys with hair so long that it rests on the seat :) simple braids or what?

*Aoife*
February 25th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Two braids. I need to be able to lean back on the seat and a bun still hurts a little.

chopandchange
February 25th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Oh gosh. The number of times we've had repeats of this thread.

How should I wear my hair in the plane?

Will they take away my metal hairsticks at security?

etc. etc...

Same questions over and over.

That, and the threads that ask: how do you wear your hair in bed?

OP, maybe you could do a search? :)

*Chopandchange apologises for being grouchy this afternoon*

Valdeon
February 25th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Two French braids will be perfect, crown braid might work as well :)

krissykins
February 25th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I agree with braids. Since the air is so dry, maybe try some oil as well?

Nae
February 25th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I think braids are the way to go. Oil them and you have yourself a deep treatment!!! Two birds one stone. Boo Yah!

UltraBella
February 25th, 2011, 07:28 AM
I wear a bun on the top of my head, it rests there comfortably the entire flight.

Chopandchange, what can I offer you to help ? Grumpiness is no fun !
I will make you a latte :)
Give you a soft fluffy pillow and warm blanket for a nap ?
Maybe some :cheese: ?
You can borrow my cuddly chihuahua for a bit, she can cheer anyone up !

annieangel149
February 25th, 2011, 07:46 AM
i agree with krissykins! braids and oil all the way baby :D

and hey Chopandchange! whats up girl?? sendin' hugs to you xx <3 xx

Capybara
February 25th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Braids. I like to brind a scarf on a plane too - you can use it to tie your hair back as well as cuddling up with it to get more comfortable :)

I know what you mean about the air on planes. I am usually prepared to exfoliate and moisturize like crazy the day after a plane ride.

Awh chopandchange. It's strange to think, it's morning here, but afternoon where you are! Crazy :D

Finoriel
February 25th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hmm :wink: if we'd not talk about things we already talked about we'd have nothing to talk at all and the forum would be very quiet and boring. Let's face it we are a chatty bunch and talked about almost everything under the sun already and who knows maybe somebody has something new to contribute who didn't post in the other threads :)
I don't know maybe I'm just not grouchy enough for a guru :p, but I just don't reply to threads if I'm not up to answer questions, but most times I really don't mind talking about it twice or trice or quadr?pel ehrm more often :o :D

Oh and on-topic.
A fake crown braid! Most comfortable style for plane-traveling, ever! :thumbsup:
And the dried hair afterwards makes for epic braid waves even for my hairtype. (Extra moisturizing treatment with the next wash is inevitable though.)

krissykins
February 25th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Hmm :wink: if we'd not talk about things we already talked about we'd have nothing to talk at all and the forum would be very quiet and boring. Let's face it we are a chatty bunch and talked about almost everything under the sun already and who knows maybe somebody has something new to contribute who didn't post in the other threads :)
I don't know maybe I'm just not grouchy enough for a guru :p, but I just don't reply to threads if I'm not up to answer questions, but most times I really don't mind talking about it twice or trice or quadr?pel ehrm more often :o :D

Oh and on-topic.
A fake crown braid! Most comfortable style for plane-traveling, ever! :thumbsup:
And the dried hair afterwards makes for epic braid waves even for my hairtype. (Extra moisturizing treatment with the next wash is inevitable though.)

We need to grouchy you up then, Finoriel. Can't have non-grouchy gurus :p

A crown braid is good if you don't like the braids hanging down, but I've only ever been able to achieve heidi braids (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx9Z903u9Pw).

And I will say again: oil :D

Madora
February 25th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I'd opt for either Heidi braids or a lace crown braid. I'd use amish (plastic) hairpins to anchor it instead of metal.

Anywhere
February 25th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I'm going on a flight this summer, and so far I think I'm going to a single English braid. There's no braidwork(as with a dutch or french braid) that would get between my head and the headrest, and I can pull it over my shoulder.

chopandchange
February 25th, 2011, 12:25 PM
*Chopandchange is very sorry now*

:(:o

I'm mean sometimes.

Sigh.

It's hard being me.

krissykins
February 25th, 2011, 07:13 PM
*Chopandchange is very sorry now*

:(:o

I'm mean sometimes.