PDA

View Full Version : hair loss

gthlvrmx
February 24th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I feel so bad for my poor mother, she had the most amazing hair when she was young. Extremely thick to the point no regular hair tie would dare survive two twists, so silky and smooth the hair ties would slip before the day ended, and it grew so fast. Everyone loved it and women were always jealous of her long, dark, hair, especially for being in the desert. Well, she moved from mexico to here in SoCal and she noticed after showering here, she began losing more hair. Now after 15 years, she has definately lost so much and i can see her scalp whenever she parts it or does anything. She also began dying her hair cuz of the gray hairs, but i insist she doesn't because natural seems a better way to keep her hair much more healthy. What is there that she could possibly do? Please and thank you!!

Luna12345
February 24th, 2011, 11:50 PM
she can try castor oil or monistat, check out the monistat thread!
If nothing works she should see a physician about it, it could be a hormonal problem or another health problem causing hair loss.

mustpannkook
February 24th, 2011, 11:52 PM
My mom seems to have the same problem too. She has used different oils and to me it seems the hair doesn't fall out that much any more. Maybe she doesn't get enough vitamins?

Aveyronnaise
February 25th, 2011, 02:27 AM
You know, I think the thing that affects women's hair and skin the most is hormones.Point blank, sometimes I have had stress affect me, but hormones just seem to over ride everything. Maybe she should look into some natural hormonal supplements like Maca or Wild Yam. I have had lots of success getting my body back in the swing of things after breastfeeding , pregnancy etc. with
acupuncture.
Good Luck to your mom.

ChloeDharma
February 25th, 2011, 03:21 AM
You know, I think the thing that affects women's hair and skin the most is hormones.Point blank, sometimes I have had stress affect me, but hormones just seem to over ride everything. Maybe she should look into some natural hormonal supplements like Maca or Wild Yam. I have had lots of success getting my body back in the swing of things after breastfeeding , pregnancy etc. with
acupuncture.
Good Luck to your mom.

I've noticed hormones play quite a role in this too and from memory estrogen does effect hair growth.
One of my sisters always grew thick long hair really easily but since being in her 40's has found it harder.

Maybe getting a check up would be an idea to rule out any underlying health problems?
Otherwise, a good diet, a decent multivitamin and mineral supplement, an essential fatty acid supplement and as has been suggested, scalp oiling can help.