View Full Version : L-Arginine for Hair Growth?

katienoonan
February 24th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I've been drinking a lot of protein shakes lately to regain some of the weight i lost last year (long story short, i didn't eat for a while...) I'm now a 'healther' BMI of 16.7....:confused:

But these shakes are hopefully going to improve that
:rolleyes:
I was looking online at supplements for protein building and read about L-Arganine... I was just wondering if this would promote protein build-up in the follicles too? Have any of you beautiful ladies used this before, or even heard of it?

If i Gain weight AND grow my hair more quickly i will be such a happy Noo! :cheer:
:cheese:

Red_Wednesday
February 24th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I've actually been drinking protein shakes to help me lose weight, LOL. I've increased my protein and fiber for weight loss, and figured if my hair grows faster because of it - all the better.

I hadn't even heard of L-Arginine until you posted it here, then looked at my more than half empty protein container and realized that I had been taking about 1500+ mg of L-Aginine on a daily basis:D.

Here's what I found on eHow (http://www.ehow.com/about_5617225_arginine-hair-growth.html) about L-Arginine, it sounds promising:).

For my own experience, I can tell you that I have noticed that my hair does seem to be growing unusually fast lately. I was just thinking about it earlier today that if my hair is growing this quick in the winter, what's it going to be like it the summer!! Woo-hoo!!

Here's the catch though, I'm also taking other vitamins: A multi, vitamin B's, evening primrose, flaxseed, biotin, silica, and a small amount of MSM. So, unfortunately it could be any one of these things alone or the combination of all of them.

I haven't started exercising yet, so that may give me even more of a boost. LOL, dare I even dream it :love:.