PDA

View Full Version : I just got really sad and disapointed my hair is to short.. need encouragement....

sunnyhope
February 24th, 2011, 05:41 PM
saw this lovely bun on youtube and though i can always try it but didnt even get half way cause my hair isnt long enough....:(
Its bls lenght... was nearly waist lenght a month ago but a daft cow cut to much of my hair so i lost atleast 10 cm i m sure:(:(:(:( was really sad the day after to be honest..
I have decided to grow some of the layers out so it will be easier to put it up. thought reading the thread about the stupiedest comments you have got and ppl mentioning be asked why they always have it up.
Well me personally wouldnt grow my hair if i couldnt enjoy having it loose AND having it up as i dont really see the point growing if you only have it up as no one will get to see the lenght of it.

Anyway i know i m rambling on but what can i do to get a bit of an oomphh to the growth and what kind of up does can i do now with the lenght you are seing on me...
I know it looks like my hair is extremly in a V shape and i know it is V shaped but not as much as it looks like on my photo( i think anyway,((laughing)) )

All the encouragement i get is very appreciatet aswell as comments about that my hair doesnt look as bad and short as i m feeling now :(:(:(

MafiaPrincess
February 24th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Well me personally wouldnt grow my hair if i couldnt enjoy having it loose AND having it up as i dont really see the point growing if you only have it up as no one will get to see the lenght of it.

I know you are currently unhappy, but from your sig pic I think it looks pretty and it'll grow again :) I wear mine up in a jaw clip for school often (but not all the time) and as soon as it feels too long for that style I often chop it. In september it hit that point before I joined here :( Took off a good 4" then. Now that I want it a little longer I swear it isn't growing at it's usual rate ;)

Back to what I quoted above, I agree. I like shocked people if I pull out my clip. I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed today, had it up in a jaw clip. In recovery it was awkward.. so I pulled my clip. The nursing staff oohed and awed, lol. It was nice even when woozy :)

Capybara
February 24th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I think your hair is quite pretty :) There are advantages to shorter hair, for sure (and yours is still long!), such as being able to wear it down without fearing as much damage, as well as..ponytails! I'm only at BSL right now, and about at the limit of wearing a ponytail. Any longer, and I couldn't stand how they feel (but I do love how they look :crush:)

Your hair looks beautiful. If you're looking for styles to try, why not take a peek in the articles section? There are lots of choices there. Good luck!

Anywhere
February 24th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Don't be sad! Your hair is longer than most people I know in real life, and its still looking thick even while layered (compared to say, my hair).

I feel like regular scalp massages (2x a day) are helping my growth, maybe they'll help yours too if you aren't massaging already?
As for updos, braids might be tough with layers, but can you do a peacock twist? I believe short-ish hair is needed for it so I'm not sure if it will work.. but they sure look pretty to me. I would suggest taking advantage of the styles you can do at this length, because some of them don't work right when your hairs longer.

princess03
February 24th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Your hair is pretty and looks very healthy and shiny. Id advice you to start self triming your ends so that you control how much is cut. Look up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Erf49Eyxc (FEYES method)

I learned this after a major unwanted chop from a deaf cocky stylist who thought he was the business!

good luck!

McFearless
February 24th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Chin up dear, hair growing is a long, annoying, painful process but it WILL happen if you take your eyes off it. For a boost in growth I'd say exercise. Not only is it good for you but your hair will get the blood flow it needs. Don't waste your money on vitamins.

ScarlettAdelle
February 24th, 2011, 10:47 PM
If it's any consolation, I'm kind of obsessive about my length and tend to (can't believe I'm admitting this) bend and contort so that I can pretend for a couple seconds my hair is as long as I want it because I'm thoroughly disappointed with the fact that I EVER cut or colored it.

I think a lot of us here wish our hair was longer and that they'd never made that move that now stands between them and their goal...

But on the bright side, if we hadn't all made our mistakes / decisions, a good deal of us probably wouldn't be on this site right now! We wouldn't have this amazing support group of likeminded ladies (and gents) who work with one another and share our stories of hair woes and joys and create this community (even if it IS virtual) where we can laugh and cry together over the one thing that unites us!

And your hair looks lovely! What I wouldn't GIVE for straight, silky hair! I'm bummed that this happened to you, but I've seen WAY worse at the hands of an unskilled set of shears.

Debra83
February 25th, 2011, 01:17 AM
I think your hair is lovely. It will grow, faster than you thought, and you'll be able to tell because you are not dealing with wavies or curlies that steal your length!

I highly recommend vitamins - I've been taking them for a long time now, and not just for hair, but have since added some for hair - and they really noticeably work for me and my health.

Take this opportunity to baby your hair, and treat it well, and you'll eliminate or greatly reduce the need for many trims as you grow longer!

Good luck! and Welcome to the journey of obtaining long hair!

hanne jensen
February 25th, 2011, 03:04 AM
You have beautiful hair! You have my deepest condolences on your loss of 10 inches of hair. Invest in a pair of hair scissors and either trim yourself or get someone who you can trust to dust for you. You might also check out the monostat thread. Daily scalp massages also help hair growth. Other than that, put your hair up, get your excersize, eat a healthy diet and get your beauty sleep. Before yiou know it, you'll be at waist again and downward to new lengths!

curlymarcia
February 25th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Your hair looks healthy and shiny. It's sad loosing so much length, but don't worry it will grow again.

sunnyhope
February 25th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the encouragment.
I guess i m lucky in that way i know exactly how to cut my own hair but it is extremly difficult getting it a 110% straight.
I guess if i havent had been a [B][U]hairdresser myself i d be worse off in one way but in another not as i know too much about all the technical stuff about hair and colouring and cutting etc.

I think if your not a hairdresser your not as picky when it comes to cutting. but i rather have it 99% staright than having 15/20 cm cutt off again to be honest.

And i know i might be lucky having poker straight hair but i d love some curls he he, atleast in the ends( i now it steels length but is is sooo pretty)

Do you ppl find my blonde hair to orange? to warm coloured?
I actually felt it looking a bit ashy when i saw the lenghts prior to cutting it but when i see this picture i m far from ash... so i m not sure to use my colour now, i got the "nice and easy" 102G which is called natural light golden blond which is actually a bit darker than i usually use.
I am a natural blonde really and very similar , almost a 100% to the colour you see but slightly more ashy and i dont like that but again i dont like being to golden blonde either.

I will only use this colour now though as next time i want to start using cassia and i hope that lightens a bit aswell as giving me a little bit stiffer hair. that is actually 80% of the reason i colour my hair to get it a bit stiffer if not it gets sooo easily flkat.. the joys of being scandinavian i guess.

it is nice to hear though from other hair addicts that i have nice hair.

btw i v bought monostat, well daktarin but havent had the balls to start using it............

sunnyhope
February 25th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Chin up dear, hair growing is a long, annoying, painful process but it WILL happen if you take your eyes off it. For a boost in growth I'd say exercise. Not only is it good for you but your hair will get the blood flow it needs. Don't waste your money on vitamins.

cant do much of that i m afraid, i got ... here it goes ... my long list. artheritus, fibromyalgia, psoriassis, polycystic ovaries syndrom, asthma, wiplash. got a severly damaged elbow/arm after a horse riding accident and i used to have epilepsy...... think thts it:cool: