PDA

View Full Version : Do you think medium brown hair = boring?

goldcopperbrown
February 24th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I'm always looking for a sexy and vibrant hair color that will ALSO flatter my complexion. I know blonde is the go-to bombshell color, but I've been blonde and it really did not suit me! Also, I feel my personality is that of a brunette, I can't really explain.

Anyway, I've read so many times that the only interesting or sexy brunette colors are extremely light (I'm in a relationship and he hates it) or extremely dark (I can pull it off, but it makes me look paler).

Although my natural color is very dark, I feel more radiant and glowing with a medium warm/golden brown shade. But is that boring? Are highlights a good option to brighten up a less lively brown shade? ANY opinion is welcome, don't worry about offending me! Hair color is so temporary in my mind.

Right now I want to use Satin 5gc (light golden copper brown) because it shows up as medium golden brown. If you google it and find the swatch THAT'S the color that flatters me. Would highlights be better with it?

goldcopperbrown
February 24th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Also I want to point out that red hair doesn't suit me so well either. I have dark eye brows and yellow-toned skin so I need to be some type of brunette, whether it's lighter or darker.

enfys
February 24th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I have medium brown hair and not only is it not boring to other people (only me, but I get compliments on it) it's also a popular enough colour that I can buy joking hair in colours to match. I got a perfect match on a Jessica Simpson clip on fringe today. Colour me happy :D A more unusual colour would mean I couldn't do that.

Do remember that lightening is almost always more damaging than going darker; so I would go dark before light.

"Boring" is totally subjective.

Tangles
February 24th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Hey, I have the same problem and similar coloring. I dyed my hair dark dark brown almost black once, but my friends' opinions were very extreme about whether it looked right on me (some thought I looked much better, others thought I looked pale and sallow). I think when my hair was black, if I put on makeup I looked really good, but kind of strange without makeup.

Anywhere
February 24th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I think pale skin and dark hair is beautiful. Medium brown
hair is only boring to me if the person's skin color is nearly the same color as their hair. That goes for fair skinned people and certain shades of blonde/light brown as well as tanner people and darker browns. That is of course just my take on it.

But no, if that picture on the left is you, medium brown isn't boring. ;)

ladylovecraft
February 24th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I think this is a completely subjective question... TO ME, brown hair is boring. But I'm an EXTREMELY alternative looking person. That's not to say brown hair can't look good; I know quite a few people with brown hair that I think looks lovely on them. Brown is not a wow color, obviously, but to me neither is standard blonde (white is intersting, blonde isn't)...

I'd also like to say that pale is beautiful and healthy, and a lot of people I know agree on this. ; )

Copasetic
February 24th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I don't think the colour you described is boring at all. Beautiful colours are never boring!

UltraBella
February 24th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I don't think it is boring, I think it is beautiful :)
I think brown can easily be a WOW color !