PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year at LHC!

BrightEyes7
February 24th, 2011, 01:20 PM
So I have been here one year as of last Friday.

A whole year! That went by fast.

It's amazing to see what a difference a year can make. My length hasn't changed much, which I didn't expect it to as I am maintaining around waist for now.

But the overall appearance of my hair has done a 180!

I stopped heat styling, stopped coloring, stopped using sulfates and started with deep coconut oil treatments. Also I have started detangling my hair with a wide tooth comb (I can't believe how I used to rip through tangles in my wet hair with a brush!). My hair has become softer and more managable. Also it has lightened a lot naturally, so my roots and the dyed parts kinda blend. I now have about 4 inches of natural color. Also, amazingly, my hair has become straighter (which is what I used to damage my hair to try and accomplish, who woulda known I had the hair I wanted naturally!). The more I pamper my hair the smoother it has become. It was a frizzy wavy mess 12 months ago, now I need to do nothing to get practically straight hair with a nice body wave.

I can't wait to see where my hair is one year from now!

So thanks everyone for all the great advice!!

Rocket22
February 24th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Yay!!! but we want before and after pictures!!! don't you know we all love the pictures... us newbies need proof that is will happen :)

Anywhere
February 24th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Congratulations. :D
It sounds like you really improved your hair. Here's to another year of good growing. :bottomsup:

RancheroTheBee
February 24th, 2011, 02:54 PM
WE DEMAND PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE!

:) Seriously, though, congratulations! That kind of turnaround takes a lot of patience.

Qadupae
February 25th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Congrats Brighteyes on your hair health progress!

NouvelleNymphe2
February 25th, 2011, 05:08 AM
thank you for sharing some of your steps on the road to improving your hair. the long hair in your profile albums is AWESOME! your hair looks very healthy, thick, and yeah i couldn't see a broken fly away for the life of me (and i was looking!!) *hair envy* :). also, what a lovely natural hair color, a rich brown. i know how you feel regarding your hair doing what you have always want it to when you finally start caring for it and leaving it alone (regarding chems). i myself have developed a wave of sorts, which never existed before! CONGRATS!

CarpeDM
February 25th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Show us some pics!

Red_Wednesday
February 25th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Congratulations!!!!:cheese::cheese::cheese: i've always been a huge fan of your hair...so beautiful and healthy:love:!!

Cirafly24
February 25th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Happy anniversary! Of course we need pictures :D

andrianna
February 25th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Ditto on the picture requests! It inspires us newbies. :)