PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner Recommendations Anyone?

CaliforniaAnne
February 24th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I find myself in search of a new conditioner after Nature's Gate changed it's formula in the past few weeks. I have very fine hair, which is prone to drying out a lot unless I pay close attention to it. Ideally I'm looking for something that is REALLY hydrating (something thick?), cone/SLS free, and if possible herbal rather than fruity, although I'm open to all options on that front. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm getting fed up and haven't washed my hair for a week because I'm trying not to mess with it further until I have something that might help it rather than hinder it. Thanks! :D

SpinDance
February 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Perhaps Tresemme Naturals line has something you would like? I use that as well as Suave Naturals (check, not all were cone free last time I looked) and Garnier Triple Nutrition. The Suave is not as heavy and rich as the others. As always, YMMV.

DTsgirl
February 24th, 2011, 05:17 PM
The L'oreal EverPure line is SLS free and is Rosemary / Mint or Rosemary / Juniper scented. I believe at least one of the conditioner options is cone free. They have Hydrating, Volmue Bootsing and Smoothing. I love them.

RitaPG
February 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I'm from Europe, so I'm not sure you have these there, but there's a whole line of Ultra Mild (Ultra Dolce or Ultra Suave, depending on the country) conditioners that are paraben and silicone free. I use the coconut oil+cocoa butter (poo and co) and the shea butter+avocado oil (poo and co) They are super hydrating, cheap, and smell delicious :D I don't even have to oil my hair before washing when I use those.
The shampoos have SLS though.

Chamomile betty
February 24th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Perhaps Tresemme Naturals line has something you would like? I use that as well as Suave Naturals (check, not all were cone free last time I looked) and Garnier Triple Nutrition. The Suave is not as heavy and rich as the others. As always, YMMV.

Three very good brands to try. Also inexpensive. I need the cones and use Pantene and Loreal which won't help you much.
Hope you find something that works.

curlsgalore
February 24th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Tresemme Naturals! :)

mustpannkook
February 25th, 2011, 12:17 AM
There are some Polish/Russian conditioner I'm using that are really thick and cone free but I doubt you can get them in Oakland. Freeman's Awapuhi conditioner is really thick and makes hair wonderfully soft but it smells fruity... Garnier's cone-free conditioners are great, too. Thick and not always fruity.

Debra83
February 25th, 2011, 12:56 AM
I highly recommend this one, Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner - made such a difference I started a thread - here's the link to it: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=50881 and many others chimed in that they liked it the best too. I'm still using it.

p.s. my hair is fine too.

Kristin
February 25th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Right now I loooove Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat. My hair never looks quite as nice when I use other conditioners.

Kaijah
February 25th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I'll second recommendations for the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, and the Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture. To me, both of those have that kind of generic conditioner smell you get from most salon brands... clean, not floral/fruity/etc. You could probably add your own scent really easily if you wanted to.

Also, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose is amazing. It's really thick and moisturizing, but if you needed you could thin it out to make it lighter. It smells pretty strongly of just honeysuckle IMO. You could look at any of the Aubrey conditioners really - some have protein, but they're all sls/cone free.

*Aoife*
February 25th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure if you can get it where you are, but I find Naked Care conditioner to be fantastic!

CurlyZ
February 26th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Tresemme Naturals!

CarpeDM
March 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
I have fine hair and I use Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner. It is pretty thick and it has milk protein which coats my hair to make it feel a bit thicker...I like it :thumbsup: