PDA

View Full Version : Which methods helped your hair grow the fastest?

goldcopperbrown
February 24th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Right now I'm using Nisim F.A.S.T. I haven't noticed any remarkable growth (it's only been a week or two...they said wait four weeks or so before you notice a difference), and I take biotin and MSM every day. My hair grows at the average rate, I think. But I also color it, so I do need to trim off dry ends sometimes. I just want to grow my hair out 8 or 9 more inches, nothing drastic (right now it's 22", right above bra strap)

RancheroTheBee
February 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Patience! Seriously, no magic combination of supplements or standing on my head praying to the hair gods ever increased my growth. I used henna so my ends would stick together longer and just waited it out by not removing my hair from its bun for three straight months (except for washing, of course!). Some things have worked for others, like DE and Monistat, but it never worked for me.

BrightEyes7
February 24th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Time. That's the only thing to really make your hair grow.

Yes, if you take vitamins your body will be healthier so you will have a healthy growth rate. But a healthy growth rate is still 1/2" a month.

The best thing you can do is baby your hair so that you have to trim less off. If you heat style, stop or reduce it. Try to go longer between coloring your hair. My hair is currently about 32" but I did color my hair regularly. I got to 30" while still coloring, full length application with permanent dye. But I have since stopped coloring my hair and have been maintaining around the same length to grow out my dye. I have noticed a dramatic change in my hair. Even the previously colored hair is much softer and more managable. And I don't get dry brittle ends as fast... So maybe you could consider switching you coloring method. Check out semi-permanent dyes or maybe henna.

Also do you do deep oil treatments? It can help with the dry ends so you would have to trim less.

That is the only true way to grow hair faster. Take better care of your hair so you have to trim less.

ETA: Also a lot of those supplements have side effects. Like Biotin frequently causes acne. Is hair really worth that?

embee
February 24th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Benign neglect. I got poorer (divorce) and couldn't afford salon visits, had to work, raising kids, busy busy busy - just tied my hair back/up and lived my life (felt like in the fast lane, sometimes more like oncoming traffic). Then one day about 10 years later I was fooling around with my hair and realized it was all the way to my waist, I'd never noticed. :)

I was just blown away.

einna
February 24th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Just one thing. Ive heard reports about people starting to shed after using FAST, and also that it is pretty hard on the hair. So be careful and baby it! Good luck. Please tell us if it works. :)

goldcopperbrown
February 24th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Yikes, shedding?! So far, FAST has been gentle on my hair, but I also deep condition a ton, so that could be the reason I haven't noticed damaging. How much shedding? Do you think it's just because FAST lets you keep more hair, so they notice it more when they stop using it?

einna
February 24th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Yikes, shedding?! So far, FAST has been gentle on my hair, but I also deep condition a ton, so that could be the reason I haven't noticed damaging. How much shedding? Do you think it's just because FAST lets you keep more hair, so they notice it more when they stop using it?

I meant While using it. Sorry. I dont know how much, its just stuff I read online a good while ago. I advise you to google it, and see what you can find. There is a lot of good reports too, I know. Just thought I would tell you what I`ve heard.