PDA

View Full Version : Which color is better for me?

IStand4u
February 24th, 2011, 07:55 AM
So, I was wondering, what do you guys think about which color suites me better. I love both my natural color as well as my red dyed hair now... help?

This is my natural color...
Back
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/princess1313666/August22-0915.jpg
Side
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/princess1313666/August22-0916.jpg

Red hair...
Front
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/princess1313666/hair2.jpg
Back
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/princess1313666/LHC5-1.jpg

So which one suites me better, or is their a color that would be better than either one here? I have very pale skin, no pink undertones or gold or yellow either really... just a bit of pink on my cheeks when I'm flushed, that's it.

TIA

DuckyDot
February 24th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I love both colors but I prefer your natural colour! But It doesn't matter really - you look great either way! :) Both colours suit you which is good!

katienoonan
February 24th, 2011, 08:16 AM
You're in exactly the same situation as me!

My natural hair is light ash brown, but i haven't had it like this since school...

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180500_10150092649921555_505191554_6958380_4179988 _n.jpg

Mere is my most recent full hair picture...

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182196_500463206554_505191554_6895390_8203497_n.jp g

There was a point where i was using permanent red dye and my length remained quite healthy, this was when i was young and could onlu afford to dye once a month...

Now i use temporary deposit dyes... :confused:

pepperminttea
February 24th, 2011, 08:24 AM
I like both, but my favourite's your natural colour. But I am biased, since mine's quite similar. :p

mustpannkook
February 24th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I like your natural color better but they both look great.

Greenhousegirl
February 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I think you look nice with both. But the red compliments your complexion. And I have a think for that particular shade of red. I would dye mine that color if I thought my family would not kill me. And the whole being a school teacher thing does put a dampen on that as well.

milagro
February 24th, 2011, 08:35 AM
I like your original color better but the red definitely flatters your complexion! :flower:
And maybe it's me but I like you more without that aggressive makeup, you have such delicate and pretty features, let'em speak for themselves.

Ais
February 24th, 2011, 08:43 AM
I love the red!
I may be slightly biased as I had that same red colour and miss it terribly, but I think it really suits your skin tone :)

goldcopperbrown
February 24th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I like the natural color, but I can understand wanting to brighten it. How about a more intense version of that, like a light reddish brown? Just a thought. Auburn would also be nice on you.

Also how do you post pics? I'm a newbie and totally unable to!

lillylonghair
February 24th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Much as I love your natural colour,I think the red makes your complexion look creamy and your eyes just pop!

Photokissa
February 24th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I like the red! It just seems to "pop" a bit more, in my opinion :)

PeacenQuietGal
February 24th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I love the RED too! I think it looks vivacious - brings out your natural rosy glow and gives your eyes extra sparkle! If you were my daughter I would be very pleased with this look. Oh and a good lipstick for this look would be Revlon's Cherries in the Snow IMHO. :thumbsup:

Fufu
February 24th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I like the red on you, you look more refreshing :)

lyria
February 24th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Another vote for natural! They are both pretty though :)

annieangel149
February 24th, 2011, 10:21 AM
i love your natural colour :D

knoxkatie
February 24th, 2011, 10:23 AM
your natural color is very pretty, but honestly i prefer the red!

NJ_12
February 24th, 2011, 10:30 AM
both are better with natural hair color, imo.

Nightshade
February 24th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I prefer the natural color on you, but also liked the suggestion of natural with a hint of red. So natural with a weak henna gloss, maybe?

BrightEyes7
February 24th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I personally like the red better...

Chamy
February 24th, 2011, 10:38 AM
If you love both then maybe you should think of other reasons for having one or the other. Like how convenient they are to have, how much time you spend to get that red colour vs. how long it will take to get your natural colour back. And maybe your hair feels better(in its condition) with one of them?

IStand4u
February 24th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Thank you everyone! It sounds like everyone likes my natural color but the red suites me better :)

Katienoonan, I definately agree, we have very similar hair color and our hair color now is similar too! lol I honestly like both on you as well, but red is an amazing color.

Greenhousegirl, it kind of sucks that you can't dye your hair because you are a school teacher, all my school teachers dyed their hair all the time!

milagro, unfortunately I had to wear that particular makeup because of a dance performance on stage. Otherwise it's powder and mascara or nothing :) and thank you for the compliment :blush: I don't see my face as "fair and delicate", thank you :)

goldcopperbrown, thank you for the comment, I was thinking of doing a color-ops to get back to my natural color and then going auburn maybe in a month or two. Posting pics is easy, I use photobucket to post mine. Upload pictues then copy the [IMG] code and paste it on your post :) HTH

Awe thank you lilylonghair! I like how my complextion looks with red as well.

PeacenQuietGal, thank you very much! You sound like you are a great mom and you have a good eye for what suites someone! I'm definately going to look into that lipstick too! Thanks!

Nightshade, I've used henna before and it doesn't stay in my hair :S I made a post on that a long time ago somewhere on this forum. It fades back to my natural color in a month or so and that's with leaving it on all evening and night unfortunately. But if I go back to my natural color I will give it another go! Thank you for the reply BTW, I'm thinking if I go back to my natural color I'll use a semi-permenant dye to brighten it up :)

Chamy, thank you for the post, I figured it out and the red will be more expensive to maintain, and it will take the same amount of time to go back to my natural color as dying it red. I'm just reluctant because I don't know how much damage it will do to my hair... though when you put it that way, my natural color is easier to maintain... thanks!

thanks to everyone who posted! Your input is much appreciated! I think I'm going to wait till the end of next month and maybe go back to my natural color, or maintain it with this color! :D

Luna12345
February 24th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I think both suit you well! Your natural color looks a little better in my opinion!.....but you can change it up once in a while, I know I get bored from keeping the same color too long.:)

HuggyBear
February 24th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Another vote for natural!:)

baaaad_kitty
February 24th, 2011, 01:00 PM
The red really looks good on you!

Anywhere
February 24th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I like the red better... but it was a tough choice.

summerjade
February 24th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I love both colors on you!! Both are very flattering. Your natural color is flattering in a sutle way and the red is flattering in a brighter way. You can go with either and not go wrong. Maybe you could go with your natural color as your base, and put in the red as highlights. You could have the best of both worlds.

ladylovecraft
February 24th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I prefer the red myself. I'm a huge fan of red hair, though : )

vanillabones
February 24th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I prefer your natural color. But I do love the red, it's edgy, and cool B)

curlymarcia
February 24th, 2011, 04:17 PM
You look good in both ways. I personally like more your natural hair color (I love it), it makes you look more sweet. The red hair makes you more sexy and unique. Lucky you, you look so good anyway!

IStand4u
February 25th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Wow, I counted the "votes" and natural won by one so far! Now that I'm thinking about it, I really do miss my natural color in a way. Thank you everyone here at LHC!!! I'm going to wait a month though to really think about it!

Nightshade
February 25th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I love that you're considering natural with some red dyes :)

You could always use Manic Panic when you feel you want more red and then let it fade when you want it to be more natural again :)

IStand4u
February 25th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I love that you're considering natural with some red dyes :)

You could always use Manic Panic when you feel you want more red and then let it fade when you want it to be more natural again :)

Thank you Nightshade, I am deffinately considering it. I love to have fun with my hair and used to dye it all the time, but I'm seeing it as a waste of money to keep dying it (I think this is my frugal side coming out), but when I think about it if I want to keep it then pretty soon I will be needing 4 bottles of dye ($44 Canadian), so IMHO I'm seeing it as not worth it.

Thank you very much for replying, as well as the suggestion, I haven't heard of Manic Panic before this site, so thank you!:cheese:

katienoonan
February 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I'm so excited! I'm currently wearing a head full of clingfilm and SLOP! :cheer:

*Henna (100gms 100% pure ground henna = 75p from the Indian shop!) :D
*Paprika 2tbs
*Cinnamon 2tbs
*1 Cup strong Redbush/Robios tea
*1/4cup Coconut Oil
*2tbs Honey

:cheer:

I'm hoping this treatment will give me some deep red hair with lighter tones.... What does everyone think? I knwo there's a lot in it, i hope nothing cancels other things out! :o

Nastasia
February 25th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I think I prefer your natural color. :)

McFearless
February 25th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Your natural suits you better in my opinion. I think you'd also look really good with something slightly lighter than that.