PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite thing about your hair?

battles
February 23rd, 2011, 08:37 PM
I thought of this earlier, did a search.. I didn't find any similar threads, my apologies if I missed one. :)

Title is pretty self explanatory. What do you really love about your hair?

As for me.. I'd have to say the color. It's a pretty light brown with natural red highlights in the sun. I also love how soft it's become now that I started CO.

Your turn! :D

gypsymoth
February 23rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
I also like the colour of my hair - a mixture of red, blonde and brown. I like the golden in it, but I like how there's a bit of copper there too.

I like my curls as well :)

AnnaJamila
February 23rd, 2011, 08:45 PM
I like how straight and smooth it is; I never have to worry about frizzies or limp curls!

Luna12345
February 23rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
my curls and thickness:)

jil
February 23rd, 2011, 08:55 PM
I like how soft my hair is :) (with the help of coconut oil)

vanillabones
February 23rd, 2011, 08:56 PM
My.... hmm... :( I think I hate my hair.
Maybe I like the natural color, if it is still the same color I remember.
I like how soft my hair is, it is baby soft.

Everything else I hate:
thinness, tangly, damage, flat, no volume, less than an inch thick, super short, a million baby hairs, broken off bangs, no wave/curl or texture what-so-ever :'(

sakuraemily
February 23rd, 2011, 09:01 PM
I like how it is when it sets right. I like the color(I think it is natural brown coz black clothes are darker than my hair).

krissykins
February 23rd, 2011, 09:01 PM
Do I have to pick just one? I love my hair so much.

So thick. Adorable ringlets. Beautiful red-brown color. Very healthy.

Now I just need more length for updo variety and I will be golden ^_^

kme81
February 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
I love the color!

Qadupae
February 23rd, 2011, 09:42 PM
I like how easy it is to color my hair ^_^ I also like how thick my hair is now that I have been growing it out. I used to think it was so thin, but it was because of all my layers. Sometimes I don't like how straight and oily my hair is, but whenever I put it into updos after 2 days of no washing, I love how easily it goes ^_^

CariadA
February 23rd, 2011, 11:11 PM
I like this thread!
Sometimes I get down on my hair because it's not as thick as I would like it to be.
But I do love how soft my hair is! I love touching it. I get compliments from others who touch it. I have always had baby-soft hair and skin.
I do like the color of my hair, as well. My hair is very dark with a natural redness undertone.

Cirafly24
February 23rd, 2011, 11:16 PM
The shine...especially after my recent cassia treatment. It's almost iridescent :D

Loreley
February 23rd, 2011, 11:21 PM
I love the length of my hair. :) I also like the thickness, softness and shine.

UltraBella
February 23rd, 2011, 11:32 PM
I like everything about my hair except my natural color. It's so ashy and it does not look good against my pale pink skin.
I love the giant amount of hair I have. I love the shock on people's faces when I take my hair down and it's so BIG ;)

skyblue
February 24th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I like the color of my hair, it's a dark brown, and how soft it is, AND the length! Its the longest it's been since I was 7 yrs old!
I think I'll be in heaven if it gets to classic!! Probably another full years growth

jackiesjottings
February 24th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Colour for me too :) I was born a readhead, was auburn for a long time, and am now strawberry blonde with silver. I would have loved to have stayed a real proper redhead but age/the sun etc meant my colour changed over time.. but I still love it and say that nature was kind to me in the hair colour department :)

Vorvolaka
February 24th, 2011, 04:05 AM
How straight it is. It's never frizzy. And yet, I can get it to hold waves or a curl.

looniac
February 24th, 2011, 04:40 AM
I love my ringlets, the softness, and thickness of my hair. But especially the ringlets.

brickworld13
February 24th, 2011, 05:39 AM
I love many things about my hair. First is the color. It's a deep brown in the winter and reddish brown with natural blonde highlights in the summer. Simply exquisite. Despite having very fine hair, I have a lot of it, and it's got more volume that I can handle some days. It's as soft as baby hair and just as fine. I love that it is so soft and fine, but those characteristics can also be a curse. It's so slick that I have a very hard time getting any sort of up-do to stay put. That is a real problem with BSL hair, especially in windy areas. I grew up in the flat region of Indiana, which is pretty gusty. Spent a fair amount of time in Chicago, which is even windier. Now, I'm in the foothills of Baden-Wuertemburg, Germany. It's pretty windy here too. Sorry for the length and straying off topic a bit. :cheese:

slz
February 24th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Length, and thickness, both quite extreme - although it doesn't look as thick as it used to, because of the length.

Skjønnhår
February 24th, 2011, 06:10 AM
I love my colour! I'm a blondie, but I used copper henna, now its blond/gold/natural red. Just adore it. ^^

CAPA7
February 24th, 2011, 06:19 AM
I like my hair colour... I think it's a rich medium brown that get slightly golden in the sun, and that's the one thing I've always liked about it.

~*BeautyWitch*~
February 24th, 2011, 07:17 AM
My shrinkage. I love when I straighten my hair for family functions and everyone goes "WOW, WTH did all that hair come from?!". Even if they see me on a daily basis they still have no clue of the actual length.

RadiantNeedle
February 24th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I had to really think about this!
Hmm..
I think my current favourite thing is that my hair is every natural colour. I can go on 'treasure hunts' and find white, grey, blondes, different reds, lots of browns and black.

IStand4u
February 24th, 2011, 07:24 AM
How strong and thick my hair is but also how soft it is at the same time. I also love my curls :) and the fact that I can trim it, dye it twice and straighten it twice in 2 1/2 months and still have my ends look like they have been cut a month ago :D

ingvild
February 24th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I like the texture. I like the thickness of my individual hairs, and I guess I like my overall thickness too. I like the slight redness of my current henna-colour, and I like how my natural colour shines like gold in the sun. so, I'm growing it out again. :cheese:

GrowingGlory
February 24th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Its color, thickness and texture. And it grows quickly and is nonporous.

BrightEyes
February 24th, 2011, 07:53 AM
I love how soft my hair is. Even after years of highlighting and heat styling, it's still amazingly soft (one of the few benefits of fine hair I guess).

And I love my color, which is actually causing somewhat of a dilema. I know I "should" stop highlighting, but I love it darnit!!!!:D So I go back and forth all the time: grow out my highlights or keep them????? I really need to make up my mind lol.

LocustSpawning
February 24th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Sigh... I am trying to force myself to think of something!

I like how it isn't curly, I guess.

Ais
February 24th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I like how the colour changes - depending on the season, light or end how I washed it, it can go from almost golden brown to near black, and hits every point in between. I think my favourite is when in autumn it takes on a strong red tint. I was addicted to dyeing it, and now that I've let it grow out, I get more colour variety than ever before :) I've also started to embrace my natural texture - after years of straightening I appreciate how pretty big loose curls can be :)

Siava
February 24th, 2011, 10:26 AM
My favorite is the silver sparklies, but I'm greedy and want MORE of them right NOW!

Chamy
February 24th, 2011, 10:30 AM
I like my colour a LOT. And i like the softness of it, and how it behaves. Its very obedient. 8) haha

RancheroTheBee
February 24th, 2011, 10:35 AM
It's coming in super coarse now, which sucks right now, because of the buzzcut, but later on, I will really appreciate the thickness and resiliency.

MAO
February 24th, 2011, 10:35 AM
I love the waves/curls I have when it has the proper haircut/length.

lapushka
February 24th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I pretty much like my hair; I can't complain, really. Wish I didn't have F hair, wish it wasn't so oily, ... and on and on... We all have those days where we don't like it, especially when it won't behave, but overall: it is what it is! I've seen worse, oh don't get me started, but not on this site I haven't.

growing2shine
February 24th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Yay, I love positive threads! :joy:

I generally love everything about my hair... But my #1 favorite thing about my hair is my natural hair colour(and texture!). I love the warm, red and golden tones, and I'm really excited about growing the dye(and years of damage!!:p) out.

NouvelleNymphe2
February 24th, 2011, 11:13 AM
my natural highlights, how smooth and shiny it can be, how easily it takes a curl when set, my baby hairs!

QMacrocarpa
February 24th, 2011, 03:57 PM
The way any sticky-out ends can easily be persuaded to curl around an updo. As long as the updo is secure, the ends practically take care of themselves.

Yavene
February 24th, 2011, 05:27 PM
The smooth, soft, swishy sound & feel of it.

lunache
February 24th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I like that my hair is my "secret" from the world - It's always tucked away in a bun, under a headscarf... and I only show it to a privileged few.

But I mostly like my hair because it's gift!

rena
February 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM
I like how it can have different degrees of waviness, and that I never have to worry about flatness :D

cuddledumplin
February 24th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I like my waves.

islandboo
February 24th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Great thread!

I like how soft and silky my hair is, and how it shines in the sunlight.

I sometimes get down on my hair for how thin it is but I have a friend who is my hair opposite - tons of thick, coarse, tight curls and he always tells me how pretty my hair is so I try to remember that whenever I get frustrated by it.