PDA

View Full Version : Hair compliment...when it looked awful. xD

GlassEyes
June 11th, 2008, 08:47 AM
I went up to New Hampshire yesterday to go to one of the beaches up there, and of course, since I have curly prone-to-dryness hair, the salt water typically turns it into a mess.

Well, after it dried, it didn't look AS bad as it has in previous years, and I blame the fact that I oiled my hair beforehand like a smart person. That and the fact I hennaed the day before, and not all of it came out. XD: D Yay. However, it did some weird things to my hair. First off, though it was better (as in, it didn't turn into a fro), it was still kinda frizzy, and the salt had toned my hair down into waves, about 2c. It was still pretty bad, and i wish I had pictures. xD

So I threw it up in a ponytail, with the evil layered pieces in the front, and as we were about to leave, my friend Jessalyn, being the lazy person that she is, commanded me to go throw away the remnants of her fries in a barrel across the street. As I was going, this random woman just says 'Nice hair-do'. I'm caught a little off-guard, so I mumble a thank you before heading back to my friends. It was kind of humorous, because it honestly looked bad.

This was after some girls had randomly stared at me and started laughing. I'm wondering if that was because of my hair too. xD Oh well.

CurlyNinja
June 11th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hehe, GlassEyes, that made me smile!

I bet your hair looked fine...I think we curlies are too hard on ourselves about the frizz and poof. Usually it's not bad at all.

Curlsgirl
June 11th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Oh gosh I had awful hair when I went to the beach too. It got all tangly and matted pretty much no matter what I did. UGH! That is funny about the compliment though. Beach hair IS IN you know! :eyebrows:

GlassEyes
June 11th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Hehe, GlassEyes, that made me smile!

I bet your hair looked fine...I think we curlies are too hard on ourselves about the frizz and poof. Usually it's not bad at all.

xD Maybe, though I doubt that.

Gumball
June 11th, 2008, 03:48 PM
That's great, GlassEyes. It's true we can be a little overcritical of ourselves and something we find funky others still can jump at the chance to compliment. Hey, any compliment is worthwhile! If you got one when you felt your hair wasn't in awesome mode, then when it's good enough for you it's amazing to them! Things just keep getting better and better.

spidermom
June 11th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I like beach hair. I'm sure yours looked awesome.

GlassEyes
June 12th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I like beach hair. I'm sure yours looked awesome.
I like beach hair on other people who might have wavy or straight hair.

With hair like mine...XD Not so much.

Islandgrrl
June 12th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Beach hair IS IN you know! :eyebrows:

That's the best thing I've heard all day. Every day is beach hair day for me!

Glass Eyes, I'm glad for your compliment. Some of us straighthairs really do envy you curlies!