PDA

View Full Version : Scrunci Buns

Kaya
February 23rd, 2011, 11:30 AM
I normally bun my hair using a scrunci versus a hairstick. (I haven't quite gotten the hang of using hairsticks.) :o

I wanted to make sure that scrunci buns don't harm your hair. I don't make really tight buns or anything and I love the fact that I can keep my ends extra protected under the bun plus the scrunci.

It's just that hairstick buns seem more popular and I feel like the dork who still uses scrunci buns. :p

Any fellow scrunci bun ladies out there?

Copasetic
February 23rd, 2011, 11:38 AM
I use scrunchis all the time. They are probably one of the least damaging ways of put your hair up, assuming you have a scrunchi that is free of beading.

Anywhere
February 23rd, 2011, 11:41 AM
I used to do those before I had hairsticks. I found that they protected my ends well (hairstick buns tend to bent my ends) but since I've lost the scrunci's and don't want to buy any, I just stick with the hairsticks. I don't think they're damaging. :)

ratgirldjh
February 23rd, 2011, 11:51 AM
I do this however I just use those fabric stretchy hair bands that are made to hold hair back from the forehead (i forget what they are called) - and I double them and use them like a scrunchi. I like that they come with several in different colors in each pack and are cheap! One pack will last me like a year before they wear out!

mustpannkook
February 23rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
I use scrunchies as well. At home I usually wear a gibson tuck with a scrunchie. Looks funny but holds well. I get my scrunchies from a local second hand store (they're 13 euro cents, it's about a quarter dollar). Sadly I've lost my favorite one - light blue with colorful fishes on it.

I think they don't damage your hair. When I have to use the ones with metal parts I just pull them and knot them again with the metal part out of the knot. I believe they are way more damaging than a scrunchie.

LisaButz2001
February 23rd, 2011, 07:17 PM
I use them daily for tight buns. I usually need three. My complaint is I cannot find any really large ones anymore, so I have to patch/reelastic mine.

pepperminttea
February 23rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
I have difficulty securing buns with a scrunchy, but I do use an old soft velvet one to double up my sleep braid. Stops it getting caught under me so much. :)

LoversLullaby
February 23rd, 2011, 07:52 PM
I don't really use them for buns, but instead I use them to secure my braids. Much better for my hair than elastics. I've never had a scrunchie bun look nice in my hair and I can't really get the hang of hair sticks either. I usually just use two jaw clips, pins, or a beak clip to secure my buns.

UltraBella
February 23rd, 2011, 09:19 PM
I use them all the time. I probably have 20 of them. I hate when they stretch out but I just buy more :)

Jessikinz
February 24th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I love scrunci buns, don't go a day without using my scrunci's. They don't damage my hair at all. I mainly use them for my sleep bun at the top of my head. I don't like hair sticks I prefer my bent double pointed knitting needles, and my claw clippies. However I will use my cheap dollar store hair sticks for chinese buns. But other than that I just don't use them for any other buns.

And you're not a dork for using them! I don't care what people think of me using scrunci's. Cause it ain't their hair, it's mine.