PDA

View Full Version : How to make temporary color last longer or is there another way

juliaxena
February 23rd, 2011, 01:52 AM
Hi. I'm growin out my natural color and I try to match my lightened lenght with my roots by putting temporary color over it. But the thing is, every temporary color, even Elumen, washes out SOOO fast. I keep have to redo it. I don't want to use peroxide etc, it will fry my hair (yes, salon one too). What can I do to make it last longer, is there another way? What if I left the dye on very long, for hours and hours? Help me please I'm going nuts...

Rini
February 23rd, 2011, 02:47 AM
Hmmm.....there are many variables here which could be experimented with. You could leave it on longer, apply heat, change the method and frequency of washing (ie wash less often and maybe try COing instead of using shampoo). Have you tried these things already? How long is it taking to wash out for you?

BunnyBee
February 23rd, 2011, 03:26 AM
Water alone will wash out temporary colour regardless of what other products you use. Dry shampoo may be an option.

Is there a reason your hair has to be all one shade? Hair naturally gets lighter at the ends due to sun exposure...

juliaxena
February 23rd, 2011, 05:03 AM
Rini, CO does not workfor me at all and I have to wash frequently because my scalp is so greasy. I was twice a week. It washes out in 4 washes, that means in two weeks. I will try leaving it on longer and heat.

Hair does get lighter naturally but not as light as mine, I was a light blonde, now I'm a light brunette. The difference is just too big for me to handle and my hair looks damaged from this difference alone.

RancheroTheBee
February 23rd, 2011, 07:16 AM
Temporary dyes have trouble sticking to natural hair. It stays better if your hair is porous, and it sounds like yours isn't.

You can try leaving it on overnight, washing in cold water, using a diluted rinse of the same dye occasionally to refresh colour... But the fact remains that if your hair isn't clinging to dye, it'll always be kind of difficult.

What is your natural shade? Maybe there's a henna combination that can help.