PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a hair geek when...

Dorothy
February 22nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
I thought it would be fun to have a thread for a tiny bit on the galling and glorious aspects of being a hair geek.
Disclaimer: I use the word geek here in an exclusively positive way, meaning someone who cares passionately enough about something to study it intensely...

So you know you're a hair geek when you...

...care a lot more about what other people are doing with their hair than they do.
...give quantities of unwanted hair advice "you should use a SEAMLESS comb, and not a brush, and you should buy that comb here, and not there, because quality has declined there in the last six months, and you should start at the bottom, and..."
...your partner, noticing you watching them grooming, says "what am I doing wrong NOW?"
...you measure, type, and otherwise assess and document your hair
...you give people who don't care proscriptive hair gifts: seamless combs, silk pillowcases, etc.
...you no longer allow professionals to touch your hair due to concern they don't know enough about hair and will hurt it.
...you are on LHC at midnight when you have to be up at 7.

mustpannkook
February 22nd, 2011, 11:11 PM
...tell your mom not to buy that hair mask because I could make it much cheaper and way better
...start talking about all the bad stuff in those hair conditioners and shampoos when you're shopping with someone.

*do you know what's in your conditioner? Mineral oil! Too many cones!*

Apparently she has started to praise my hair masks in front of her friends... I think I've made my mom much more hair-wise. Before she ripped through her hair, now she's a big fan of wooden combs.

Also,

...when you're making a hair rinse and everyone thinks it's tea and then when you start explaining what you're going to do with it they look like you're crazy or wasting tea

RancheroTheBee
February 22nd, 2011, 11:14 PM
At first I laughed and then I felt bad because it's so painfully true. I told a friend the other day that he had mechanical damage in the last two inches of hair.

"How did you know that...?"
"... I looked."

Debra83
February 22nd, 2011, 11:22 PM
...when you want someone to sign up to LHC...
...when most of your disposable income...and some of the not disposable income...go towards hair gadgets.....
...when you take pictures of the back of your own head...
...when you pull out a knot with your comb and just about faint...
...when you put animal products on your head...
...when you put plant products in your stomach for your head...
...when you put kitchen products on your head...
...when you buy vitamins strictly for hair growth...
...when you stand in the shampoo section and read ingredient lists for an hour...
...when you are worried that your office chair may be causing mechanical damage...
...when you even KNOW that your office chair may be causing mechanical damage...

pepperminttea
February 22nd, 2011, 11:32 PM
When your friend gets mildly insulted that you brought a silk pillowcase with you when you slept over at their house. :o

milagro
February 22nd, 2011, 11:54 PM
Hilarious! :D

When you look at red carpet photos and see hair first instead of dresses. And that hair doesn't impress you!

When your friend gets mildly insulted that you brought a silk pillowcase with you when you slept over at their house. :o
It did happen to me! But it was not friends but hotel staff. They brought me a bunch of brand-new pillowcases and a note reassuring that their hygienic standards are of the highest level :D

pixiedust
February 23rd, 2011, 01:27 AM
when you sneak attack a housemate with coconut oil because their ends looked dry.

when you test your tap water with litmus paper and then threaten to never shower again if they dont turn off the water softener ("THE PH OF THIS WATER IS 10! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW BAD THAT IS FOR HAIR?!")

when your bathing ritual includes pretty much only things that you can eat.

Avital88
February 23rd, 2011, 01:37 AM
This all is so true!

- That you don't shower at the gym because they have this chemical smelling shampoo and i rather walk home in my gym clothes than having to wash my hair there.
- When you try to convert all your friends to non chemical hair stuff
- When you are thinking about buying vitamin pills for hairgrowth for your friends birthday and really think they will like the gift.
- When friends and friends of friends ask you for hairadvice ( something i like :D )

hanne jensen
February 23rd, 2011, 01:45 AM
When you start giving your hair pep talks. "C'mon, just another centimeter!"
When you put cootchie cream on your head for extra growth.
When you start watching old movies just to see the hairstyles.

scorpio_rising
February 23rd, 2011, 01:48 AM
...when, while waiting in line in Starbucks, you see a sign in the bakery case for some kind of bun and your first thought is, "Ooh, a new hairstyle!" (This happened to me yesterday!)
...when your 5 year old son has a "kit" of his own containing oils, applicator bottles, rubber gloves, shower caps, a wide-toothed comb, etc. (Which he does, as I mentioned in another thread)
...you have more oil, herbs, and vinegar in your bathroom than in your kitchen
...you find yourself complimenting complete strangers on their beautiful hair
...all day long you find yourself speculating about what each person you encounter did to cause the condition of their hair to be whatever it is
...your children have sleep caps and silk pillowcases

Hotrox
February 23rd, 2011, 02:11 AM
...when you document your monthly hair growth on a dedicated hair growth spreadsheet
... when you carry around a small bottle of hair oil, metal free elastics and a seamless comb incase of a 'hair emergency"
... your daily diet is based around foods that you believe are good for your hair
... you are happy to stay inside all day on a Saturday with bad smelling green gunk on your head.
... your boyfirend no longer even asks what is going on in the bathroom :p

Ishje
February 23rd, 2011, 02:13 AM
...have beer in your fridge, not because you like it so much, but for rinses.
...your DBF sigh's once more because he has to measure and take pictures again.

Nera
February 23rd, 2011, 02:45 AM
I think anyone who makes an effort to do S&D is a hairgeek:D Alslo anyone who leaves 'conditioning' stuff in their hair to wash out later. Of course I do both of them.

Other than that:

-Looking at your hair in any mirror or window
-Looking forward to your wash day
-When people give you hairadvice, saying: yeah I tried that (and the advices vary from beer to mayonese:D)
-Worrying about the sharpness of your scissors
-Not wanting to use elastics
-Taking pictures of the back of your head, in different lightning even
-Microtrimming

Mesmerise
February 23rd, 2011, 02:57 AM
Measuring your hair on a regular basis and keeping track to determine average monthly growth, and determining how long it will take you to reach your goal length are pretty geeky (I actually did this back in high school, and then stopped doing it when I got older... LHC has reinvigorated my geekiness in this regard!!)

Also, analysing your hair and charting results of different treatments has got to be a fairly hairgeeky thing to do lol. And yet, I am DETERMINED to find some method of haircare that allows me to jump out of the shower, comb my hair and have it looking fabulous (is this even possible??!).

EmiliaF
February 23rd, 2011, 03:07 AM
- when you're shelf in the bathroom looks more like it belongs in the kitchen (corn starch, ACV, honey, coconut oil, baking soda...^^)
- when you start trying to convince people to start CO-ing... but only the ones who know about your obsession anyways, because 'normal people' would think you're crazy
- when you try a new thing and it works and the first thought is: 'OMG, I have to tell them immediately' (them being LHC)
- when your bag for the weekend trips home evolves into a small suitcase because of all the hair products... silk pillowcase, coconut oil, honey, special conditioner, hair toys, BBB...
- when you're making a self-made deep treatment in the kitchen and are totally jumpy because one of the roommates could walk in and ask what this is for... they wouldn't understand
- when you're roommates call you're hair 'the liquid gold'... but not as a compliment... just to make fun of you

BunnyBee
February 23rd, 2011, 03:14 AM
- When you butt in to people's conversations to give them lectures about protein loss during washing and then watch as their eyes glaze over -
- When you litmus test EVERYTHING that will ever touch your hair.
- When you are fretting about the fat in an avocado and reassure yourself by saying "think of your hair, it'll all go to your hair"
- When people don't want your hairstyle advice because you only have one answer "Grow it, grow it loooong!"
- When it actually makes you FUMING ANGRY to hear people saying cutting their hair makes it grow *faster*
- When you need to vacate the room when somebody starts brushing their hair because the ripping sounds make you want to vomit.

Night_Kitten
February 23rd, 2011, 05:27 AM
LOL, I have to admit I'm guilty of most of them :D

here's some more:
- when your'e making something in the kitchen, and your family members don't even bother asking what it's for, because they already know
- when no one is surprised seing you carrying bottles with salfe-made strange looking liquids to the bathroom
- when you ask a family member if they know where the good camera is, and immediately hear "ah, your'e going to take pictures of your hair again..."

Kaeita
February 23rd, 2011, 05:38 AM
When you see/hear someone mention they have some weird food item in their bathroom for their hair, and check to see if you have any so you can try it. What does cornstarch do for hair? ;)

When you hairtype random people you see out and about, even though you never quite got the hang of the textual hairtyping guide (when is the picture guide coming back?). When you identify brushed curls and cringe.

Pierre
February 23rd, 2011, 07:12 AM
the two "misnamed" species you're most familiar with are Lawsonia inermis (means "unarmed", but it has spines) and Simmondsia chinensis (from Calif, not China; a case of misreading a botanist's bad handwriting).
you know which "oil" is not a fat (S. chinensis).
you have a picture of your hair under a microscope.
you know how henna is like walnut hulls (their dye molecules are isomers).

krissykins
February 23rd, 2011, 07:45 AM
When you can explain the damage cause by flat irons to your roommates, who want to curl your already-curly hair with a flat iron. :rolleyes:

IStand4u
February 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Love this thread!!!!

...when everyone you work with (including old hair stylists) come and ask you for advice on how to deep condition their hair at home.
...when you can go to work with a different hairstyle everyday.
...when you can do your own hair for dance competitions and have everyone wonder "who did your hair for you".
...when you are cooking something on the stove that looks like snot and your mom says, "guess she's out of gel again".
and finally...
...when your boyfriend knows to be super gentle with your hair because you don't want to have to be mean to him, and you only let him brush your hair because he's the only one who does it gently :D

krissykins
February 23rd, 2011, 08:31 AM
[snip]
...when you are cooking something on the stove that looks like snot and your mom says, "guess she's out of gel again".
[snip]

:laugh: that's awesome!

I'm proud to say that after going back and reading this thread, I've done about 80% of the things mentioned. I'm a hair geek :D

FullMoonTrim
February 23rd, 2011, 08:31 AM
APL, ACV, BBB, BSL, CWC, EVOO, WO....
If you understand the abbreviations above, you're one!

For me, I wanted everyone to start taking biotin & silica, I wanted them to stop using hot water on their hair and start using cool followed by a cold rinse. I started telling people how great apple cider vinegar rinses were...and tried to convince people to use henna for grey instead of using hair dye (or better yet, enjoy the silvers!). I started using honey in my hair & regularly oiling it with coconut oil.

As a kid I dug up a neighbors rhubarb root and boiled it to lighten my hair. I also had my Mom buy me a can of beer for my hair. I think I've been a hair geek for most of my life!

cantom03
February 23rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
Great thread, very funny, but tooooo true...

-you have more hair toys than clothes, or jewelery.
-you practically hyperventalate when you pull any hair out accidentally.
-Since joining I leave the house on a windy day looking like an extra from the Mummy, my husband just loves this :eyebrows:

ladylovecraft
February 23rd, 2011, 06:41 PM
... you have secret hair competitions with people at your place of work or school, or elsewhere.
... you wear a hat over your tightly bunned hair while swimming in the pool, in august, in Florida, because you are fearful of sun/chlorine damage. (never get it wet!!)
... you know more about hair than most stylists do, and prove yourself right on more than one occasion.
... you giggle when people say silly things about hair, like cutting it will cause more growth, use mane n' tail, etc
... you have considered henna-ing your dog for soft fur (but didn't do it!!)
... you rue the day you will have to do anything more than dusting or micro-trimming
... you have convinced your mother, friends or other family members of your hair methods and they now ask you for advice

: D

scorpio_rising
February 23rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
...you watch The Proposal on Netflix and all you can think about is how thick Sandra Bullock's hair is in that ponytail, and then when she cries out the line, "I just wanted some air," you are completely convinced she said, "I JUST WANT SOME HAIR!"

ladylovecraft
February 23rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
Oooh, I forgot one! You have a shirt made with measurements drawn in sharpie at different hair lengths... bsl, waist, etc. : D

Luna12345
February 23rd, 2011, 09:28 PM
When you read the ingredients of every shampoo and conditioner before buying.
When one third of your grocery shopping list is for your hair.
When you walk around the house with a cap!
When you clean your tub very frequently thanks to all the diffirent oils, hair treatments and hennas, etc. ..you experiment with.
When you don't trust the hair stylest!

sakuraemily
February 23rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
-when your mom tells everyone to ask you for hair advice.
-when your brother groans everytime he sees your hands inching towards your hair( the poor guy is asked to take pics all the time).
-when your dad says," why on earth would I remember my mom's haircare routine" ( she had great hair apparently)
-when you think about your hair when you are not doing anything else.
I'm so glad there are other hair geeks and I'm not the only one.

Luna12345
February 23rd, 2011, 09:37 PM
...when, while waiting in line in Starbucks, you see a sign in the bakery case for some kind of bun and your first thought is, "Ooh, a new hairstyle!" (This happened to me yesterday!)
...when your 5 year old son has a "kit" of his own containing oils, applicator bottles, rubber gloves, shower caps, a wide-toothed comb, etc. (Which he does, as I mentioned in another thread)
...you have more oil, herbs, and vinegar in your bathroom than in your kitchen
...you find yourself complimenting complete strangers on their beautiful hair
...all day long you find yourself speculating about what each person you encounter did to cause the condition of their hair to be whatever it is
...your children have sleep caps and silk pillowcases

I think you sound like the biggest hair geek of us all!!!:D

AnnaJamila
February 23rd, 2011, 09:50 PM
I thought it would be fun to have a thread for a tiny bit on the galling and glorious aspects of being a hair geek.
Disclaimer: I use the word geek here in an exclusively positive way, meaning someone who cares passionately enough about something to study it intensely...

So you know you're a hair geek when you...

...care a lot more about what other people are doing with their hair than they do.
...give quantities of unwanted hair advice "you should use a SEAMLESS comb, and not a brush, and you should buy that comb here, and not there, because quality has declined there in the last six months, and you should start at the bottom, and..."
...your partner, noticing you watching them grooming, says "what am I doing wrong NOW?"
...you measure, type, and otherwise assess and document your hair
...you give people who don't care proscriptive hair gifts: seamless combs, silk pillowcases, etc.
...you no longer allow professionals to touch your hair due to concern they don't know enough about hair and will hurt it.
...you are on LHC at midnight when you have to be up at 7.

(<.<) (>.>)

. . . Who told you?

milagro
February 24th, 2011, 12:42 AM
... you have considered henna-ing your dog for soft fur (but didn't do it!!)

OMG it's not hair-geeky, it's hair-maniacal :scared: :D

Mírien
February 24th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Funny thread. :D I am gonna add my silly story. Last autumn I went to the local forest to collect some rosehips for making tea. When I got home my brother stared at me and asked whether I was going to use them on my hair... Well, yeah... When I do anything unusual family members seem to be sure that it is hair related. :rolleyes:

Juneii
February 24th, 2011, 12:59 AM
My friend's mother gave her a pair of hair sticks, I am so incredibly obsessed with hair toys that I knew they were MeiFas before I even had to check or touch them.

milagro
February 24th, 2011, 01:03 AM
When I do anything unusual family members seem to be sure that it is hair related. :rolleyes:

I wonder how have they possibly come to this conclusion? :eyebrows:

scorpio_rising
February 24th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I think you sound like the biggest hair geek of us all!!!:D

:laugh: Just yesterday my dearest friend was laughing at me:
"OMG your hair obsession is EPIC!" :o

Kaya
February 24th, 2011, 02:46 PM
...you go to bed thinking about what braid/hairstyle to try the next day (I think I've actually lost sleep over this :p).
...you plan your monthly budget carefully to incorporate the purchase of new hair oils, even though you don't really need more.
...every time you go shopping, you pick up one or two bottles of conditioner to keep your stash stocked. (I CO everyday, so I use a lot of conditioner.)
...you re-watch torrinpaige's hairstyle videos and bemoan the fact that your hair isn't long enough to make the styles look good yet.
...you want to go to the yearly RenFest specifically to get your hair braided. (I'm actually trying to convince my friend to come with me so she can get her hair braided too. Braids love company!)
...the first thing you do in the morning is to run hot tap water to melt coconut oil.
...you absolutely cannot wait for 'Tangled' to come out on Blu-Ray so that you can stare at her hair for the entire movie! :gabigrin: (Noto to mention watch it over and over and over again!)

SwordWomanRiona
February 24th, 2011, 03:27 PM
...when you spend a considerable time looking at your hair in different lighting, especially as it's been henna'ed and you want to see how the colour changes.
...when you, again, spend a considerable time taking photos of your own hair to study colour changes, length progress,...
...when one of the first things you look for in any shopping centre is henna, henna-based shampoos and hairtoys. And when you rave when you're unable to find any decent hairtoys.
...when you want to spend a long time taking care of your hair so it remains healthy. When disentangling classic-length ultra-fine hair doesn't discourage you, because it's much more important to keep your hair healthy and you love it at this length.
...when you drool over all the beautiful Celtic inspired hairtoys in Internet.
...when you spend too much time at the LHC :rolleyes:
...when you take your time to have your hair in different styles and want to learn new ones.
...when you look at people's hair everywhere, nearly subconsciously.
...when you get too much comments about how long your hair is and surprised looks at your patience :)

ETA: Ahem...and when your mother tells you that you're 'SO hair-obsessed!!!' :rolleyes:

you have a picture of your hair under a microscope.
you know how henna is like walnut hulls (their dye molecules are isomers).

Lol!!:rollin: As a physicist-to-be hair-geek, maybe I should try similar things....Let's see...
Measure the density of one of my hairs? See how it reacts in the midst of a magnetic field? .....:misskim:

curlymarcia
February 24th, 2011, 04:08 PM
... when you know what works for you better than you hairdresser
... when you check the ingredients of all the hair products that you have
... when you expend a lot of time talking about hair
... when you have a very disciplined hair rutine

<3OnHerSleeve
February 24th, 2011, 04:38 PM
...when you believe that the most attractive quality in the opposite sex is their long hair
...when you feel very satisfied that people's hair isn't as long as your own is

leandrahime
March 10th, 2011, 10:31 PM
When you notice your fave brand of cheapie cone-free condish is on sale, so you buy a dozen bottles, knowing that'll last you a month, at best.

MeganE
March 10th, 2011, 10:57 PM
...when you find yourself wanting to post something like this:

"Ignorance was bliss until I hit this forum. Now I know how little I know about haircare, and how much there is to learn, and on top of that I can't stop thinking about how much better my hair would be if it was about 20 inches longer!! Ahhh!! Long hair is obviously contagious!!"

MissManda
March 10th, 2011, 11:02 PM
You know you have entered the world of hair geekery when you have this conversation with your DBF...

Me: *Is busy pouring a little lemon juice into an old (cleaned) shampoo bottle.*
Boyfriend: Why are you going to use lemon juice on your hair? Are you trying to lighten it?
Me: No... I've done this quite a few times before and it hasn't lightened my hair. I need it to get rid of mineral build-up from our water.
Boyfriend: You do the freakiest things to your hair.
Me: Yes, I do, and I'm perfectly okay with that.
Boyfriend: (Playfully) Weirdo.
Me: Well, I'd much rather be a freak and put food products on my hair than funky mousses or gels on my hair. Normal products make my hair icky and gross and at least I know what I'm putting on my hair when it comes to food.

You also know you are a hair geek when...
... Your DBF recites "The few, the proud, the vaguely creepy," when he sees you doing hair experiments.
... You have the very strong desire to measure your hair under a micrometer.

Renbirde
August 12th, 2012, 11:56 PM
... when you think that reviving this thread is a TOTALLY JUSTIFIED use of necromancy.

... when you think responding to this comment (http://longhair.livejournal.com/3419428.html?thread=47367716#t47367716) with a probing question is a good idea... and following it up with a swift uppercut of molecular biology is ALSO a good idea.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 13th, 2012, 01:40 AM
When your sister rings you and says "what are you up to today?" swiftly followed by "Don't tell me, you're looking at hair stuff again!" LOL

Uhlizubeth
August 13th, 2012, 02:23 AM
When you look forward to having a day to yourself... dedicated to your hair "I'll have a long s&d session, and then I'll create a new leave- in! I'll keep it in for hours"

When people claim "heat protectants" fully protect hair from straightening and curling all the time you laugh

Your redheaded friend suggests dying her hair brown and you feel angry at the worl. WHY?!

A girl with beautiful curls shows up with straightened hair, everyone is happy about it an encourages her to do it more often.. except you.

dollface
August 14th, 2012, 02:40 AM
-When you read through this entire thread.
-When an indirect hair compliment can make your day (oh my goodness, someone's noticing all my hard work, ha ha).
-When de-tangling after a shower is a sacred time where you will not be disturbed. I have to focus on making sure none of the shed hairs are due to breakage. It's some serious business.
-You have to really exercise willpower in the hair care aisle. I had to do this today and it was a little heartbreaking not walking away with any goodies.
-Stash depletion becomes a major issue once the significant other sees that you have overtaken yet another space in the bathroom.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 14th, 2012, 05:20 AM
When you have a special day of the week set aside JUST for washing and general hair pampering. And you really look forward to it

sakuraemily
August 14th, 2012, 05:35 AM
When everyone in your class asks you what to do about their hair problems...
When you can forget to bathe but not brush your hair gently...
When the youtube recommendations bar shows you only hair videos...
When you find yourself composing hair masks when you should be studying...
When you are always trying to figure out random people's hair type and deciding what they should be doing to improve their hair...

RubySlippers
August 14th, 2012, 05:38 AM
When you sit on the bus just itching to pop across the isle and start talking to a curly girl so that you can tell her to stop shampooing and brushing her hair.

(of course I was going to start with a compliment, cos those curls were just so tiny and cute!)

...and the only reason you don't is that your stop is coming up and you won't have time to ease into the subject without seeming insulting.

(I still feel bad that I couldn't help her, the back of her head was like felt where she obviously sleeps on her back)

...when you promise yourself that if you see her on the bus again you'll say hi.

...when you know that you WILL recognise her again... As long as you see the back of her head first!

TiffanieJean
August 14th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Guilty... lol

Tota
August 14th, 2012, 06:31 AM
... when you get a 30&#37;-off coupon for hair products at your favourite drugstore and feel like you just won the lottery :) (and they will be SO SORRY for giving that coupon to me bwahahahaha)

Tisiloves
August 14th, 2012, 08:15 AM
-When you finally know which way 'round cations and anions are, something you failed to learn for A-level chemistry.

-when you know how to care for your friends wurly hair better than she does (she's a 2c/3a who dry brushes and wonders why she gets called "Fluffy".)

-when you know how to do a colour correction with henna, cassia, amla, etc, just as well as with chemical colour.

-when you know exactly what you want in a conditioner and search every bottle in the shop for the right ingredients.

Nae
August 14th, 2012, 08:18 AM
When you have a hair toy department.......in your house.
When you go to LHC meets and everyone has their hair professionally braided.
When you can put up someone elses hair with any nearby implement and they are amazed.
When you can tell the name of buns that are in the hair of random strangers.

Lady Neeva
August 14th, 2012, 08:49 AM
~when you decide to use creativity to make a hairstick.
~when you get excited the one time you do see a hairstick.

TheMechaGinger
August 14th, 2012, 09:24 AM
When you constantly pause a movie to try to figure out how a neat hairstyle is done. Drives DBF insane :D

PeaceTeaRules
August 14th, 2012, 12:45 PM
- When you spend over 4 hours on LHC...
- When you spend 1 hour and a half in a shampoo aisle (sp?)...
- When you continuously ask family members to take pictures of the back of your head...
- When you spend the entire evening at the park thinking about hair routines instead of relaxing...

... That's about all I have for now... Keep this thread alive because some of the posts on here are really good!! (especially for hair care ideas!! :D

jacqueline101
August 14th, 2012, 01:13 PM
When you talk about lhc learned things
When you dream about your next hair goal
When you buy more hair care items then food

secondrain
August 14th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I've still a newbie so I consider myself an HGIT (hair geek in training) but you know you're on your way to geekdom when:

-seeing someone with a rubber band in their hair gives you palpitations

-you have carefully chosen a conditioner for your partner's exclusive use and have made said partner aware that your conditioners are sacrosanct

-anyone who admires your hair toys immediately gets a special place in your heart

Jorja
August 15th, 2012, 10:21 AM
-seeing someone with a rubber band in their hair gives you palpitations

I actually gasped out loud as I read that one lol.

Tisiloves
August 15th, 2012, 11:33 AM
-The mention of hairspray or backombing gives you flashbacks to Nightshade's damaged hair article.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 15th, 2012, 03:53 PM
When you see your sister using rollers and blowfrying for AN HOUR on dyed hair and you can't bear to watch and the sound of the blowfryer puts your teeth on edge.
And then she backcombs and piles on the hairspray!

And then you think, wow, long hair is so easy - only takes 5 mins to do every morning. Unless you can't decide what style you want that day of course.

Bedhead
August 15th, 2012, 06:54 PM
- When you are thinking about buying vitamin pills for hairgrowth for your friends birthday and really think they will like the gift. :D

This made me actually laugh out loud! LOL!

---------------------------------

When you tell you friend he has really beautiful hair... there's silence, then a quiet thank you, and another friend announces, "Awkward!" and you didn't understand what was awkward.