PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you...?

IStand4u
February 22nd, 2011, 08:24 PM
How long did it take you to go from BSL to hip or tailbone length? Just wondering because it seems like my hair grew 2 inches for 3 months straight then just stalled... could midback be my term length???

Cirafly24
February 22nd, 2011, 11:32 PM
It took me a little over a year to go from BSL to hip. Bear in mind, though, that I have a short torso, and BSL is just above waist for me. It's taken me another year to get from hip to tailbone (Only 1 inch to go!)

Masara
February 23rd, 2011, 01:06 AM
My timings are more the less the same as Cirafly24's; A year to waist and another year to TB.

Looking at my album, I was at BSL (24") around October 2008 and at waist at December 2009 (30") Hip was more or less the next month because it's only about an inch below waist on me. November was November 2010 at 34"
But I'm small. Only 5ft tall.

Avital88
February 23rd, 2011, 01:26 AM
I dont think midback is your termlenght, i stalled a few times too on this bumpy road to hip.
From bsl to waist i cant really say because my hair was really damaged and thin so i had some bigger trims,
All together it took me 20 months but i'm sure its around a year for most people.
Dont worry too much, your hair will soon grow again!
Mine is stalled too since 2011started while i cant wait to be at hip :( Grow hair!!

Ishje
February 23rd, 2011, 01:28 AM
I was at BSL in August 2008, and I have reached tailbone last month.
so, that is 2 years and 4 months, or 28 months.

I was at waistlength in November 2009, so it took me 15 month's from BSL to waist.
(there was a big chop in the middle though)

IStand4u
February 23rd, 2011, 07:53 AM
Wow, so it does seem like hair just tends to slow down a bit after you hit BSL and a little more after waist. Thanks to everyone who replied... I'm tempted to go back to BSL and start the road from BSL to waist with fresh ends. I'm currently at Midback (2 inches to waist, and another 2 to hip, I'm only 5'4 but I have a long torso and short legs).

Does anyone have tips for being so patient??? Some days it feels like my hair hasn't grown in months and I really want to just cut it off... but I know I would be sad and ashamed of myself considering everyone I know thinks my hair is better when it's long, and I like it better too. So frustrating... :rolleyes:

spidermom
February 23rd, 2011, 07:58 AM
I doubt you're at terminal length. The journey down the back seems to take forever, and hair seems to stall even when it's still growing. That was my experience, anyway.

It took about 2 years for me to get from BSL to hip length, but I had a lot of trims, a couple of them significant. My "growing concern" album is public if you want to take a look.

IStand4u
February 23rd, 2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks spidermom! I'll definately take a look!