PDA

View Full Version : What a difference 2 months at LHC makes!

Rosalaun
February 22nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
I started looking around here on exactly the first of January, and since then I've been taking much better care of my hair. I spend the first month beginning CWC, dying my bleached dead hair caramel brown and trimming it a little using Faye's method. The first photo in this set is from that, thoroughly combed into submission to see if I'd actually cut it right in all of it's bleached, frazzled glory. I also stopped using straightening irons in this time.

Then I moved into using henna towards the end of January - the condition of my hair was overhauled totally, it was probably the best thing I've done to my hair so far. I also began using cone-free conditioner. The final picture is the day after oiling, a little too dark to show the colour the 2nd henna gave me, but it'll do for now :)

http://i51.tinypic.com/wjz0oi.png

So I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone on here - I don't chat much generally, more stalk around, but the information on this website and conversations/debates are very useful and helps inspire me to never get frustrated whenever there seems to be a lack of growth or anything else going wrong. So yeah, thank you all!

Rocket22
February 22nd, 2011, 02:49 PM
Very nice progress! I love the difference and it's hard to have had that light of hair and go dark so I congratulate you on that! I think you are well on your way to having the healthy long hair you are looking for. This place has been amazing for so many and it's wonderful to have this information and help available. I love what it has taught me as well and some of it was just a little common sense that apparently I didn't have :)

krissykins
February 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
Looking good :) congrats!

RancheroTheBee
February 22nd, 2011, 02:52 PM
The condition of your hair has improved a lot in such a short amount of time. It looks like henna really agrees with you!

lara grace
February 22nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
My hair was identical to your bleached white when I finally decided to stop destroying my hair and start taking care of it so I don't have to cover up my straggly mess with extensions! Two years on from getting rid of the white blonde, only the last inch of my hair is still damaged, and the rest is in brilliant condition. My hair feels nicer than it did when it had never been dyed! Basically keep up the good work because the results are completely worth it. Your henna colour is beautiful by the way.

ericthegreat
February 22nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
The difference in the condition of your hair is amazing. The henna has made your hair shinier and healthier looking. I also like the new copper shade that the henna gave you!

Jen123
February 22nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Your hair is looking fantastic.

katienoonan
February 22nd, 2011, 04:01 PM
Oh wow! You can really see how much softer and tame your hair is... Don't forget, the appearance of the length of hair changes once you stop using heating tools... Straightened hair is 'longer' than curly/wavy hair of the same length... :eye:

I've also found that over time, after not using hairdryers/straighteners my hair has finally recovered from all that stress... If i blowdried regularly then the day i did i would have a huge matted frizzy mess... :afro: ... Now i've realised that combing my hair and air drying it leaves it kind of straight anyway! :cheese:

Well done, the henna has worked a treat! :cheer:

Tikwichka
February 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Rosalaun - You're hair is looking great! Like yourself, I joined in January this year, and I just by making a few changes to my routine I have noticed a vast improvement in my hair. The best tip I picked up so far is using coconut oil. I love that stuff!
I wish you many years of happy growing!

lunache
February 22nd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Wow! I, too, am new here and find your progress and commitment very inspiring. Congrats & happy growth!

wavykisses
February 22nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Congratulations your hair looks very good. Keep up the good work.

Roscata
February 22nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Your hair looks great!
I'm so happy that you found helpful advice and so very happy you love henna, it's seriously the best thing that happened to MY hair also! Henna rocks! :D

cinemax
February 22nd, 2011, 09:13 PM
Your hair looks so much better now!! Happy growing.

mellie89
February 22nd, 2011, 09:53 PM
Your hair is looking beautiful, keep it up! :) And I love how you say you "stalk around" here... I do that too. :p

ladylovecraft
February 22nd, 2011, 10:11 PM
You hair is beautiful, it's in much better condition now! I'm about to ditch bleach in favor of henna myself, it's nice to see someone else in the same situation. I'll miss the white, but the vast improvement henna has made on your hair is convincing enough. : )

Pierre
February 22nd, 2011, 11:17 PM
Wow! Henna makes your hair come alive!

milagro
February 23rd, 2011, 12:09 AM
Lovely color and the hair quality looks definitely improved. Congratulations :flower:

Rosalaun
February 23rd, 2011, 12:32 AM
Wow, so many replies :D

Thanks everyone for the positive responses and encouragement.
Henna definately agrees with my hair - it's overall texture is much thicker and stronger (it doesn't feel like half of my hair snaps off while combing), and I love the colour. I have really pale skin, and I generally struggle to pull off darker colours, but everyone says this colour suits me, which is awesome :D

That's true katienoonan - to be honest I've not been fussing over length too much yet while I sorted the condition out, but now I'm aiming for growth. So yes, it doesn't look longer in the pictures because it's being eaten by the extra waves :P
Yay for stalking! I bet there are quite a lot of stalkers on here really :D
And it's also very good knowing there are other ex-bleachers on here that have had success growing it all out.
LadyLoveCroft - I was exactly the same, didn't want to lose my near-white, but sick of it snapping and splitting all the time. I had to dye mine brown first because pure henna would have sent it orange, and I didn't want to hennaindigo as I'd probably end up not being able to re-mix a similar colour again. I do miss it a little just for the sake of having semi-white hair that I frequently dyed all the colours of the rainbow, but the change in condition means I am very glad that I changed. It also means that my roots are nowhere near as obvious and I've been for about 1 month without doing my roots (I only did my length on the 2nd because it's a little paler than the roots). So don't worry, I'm very sure that you won't regret it once you've had time to get used to it.

Again, thank you so much everyone <3

Nera
February 23rd, 2011, 02:54 AM
I really love your henna color!!

smileycat
February 23rd, 2011, 05:53 AM
Wow! Henna makes your hair come alive!

Yes, exactly what Pierre said! It is striking. Great choice!

Yozhik
February 23rd, 2011, 06:30 AM
The change is striking, and your hair looks gorgeous now! It's amazing to see how much change can occur in two months. :)

mrs_coffee
February 23rd, 2011, 07:20 AM
That is such a huge difference! I really like the color you have now. Very pretty.

skaempfer
February 23rd, 2011, 07:29 AM
I'm glad you're pleased. I think it looks muuuuuuuuch healthier. Happy growing!
Looking forward to your two-year post :laugh:

Rosalaun
February 24th, 2011, 03:12 AM
Thank you so much everyone <3

I too am looking forward to getting to the yearly markers now - the mad rush of 'omg gotta fix the bleach damage!!!!' is over, I doubt there will be many (if any) major changes in terms of colour/condition. I might do another coat of henna or two, but no more huge changes. And thank you for all the comments on colour, I'm surprised so many people like it so much xD