PDA

View Full Version : Any of Your Choose Not to Show Your Hair on LHC?

Red_Wednesday
February 22nd, 2011, 10:23 AM
Just curious, is there anyone here who chooses not to show their hair on LHC for one reason or another?

ETA: Sorry for the Title mistake - tried to correct it, but couldn't :(.

Juli414
February 22nd, 2011, 10:55 AM
I seem to have lost my digital camera, and I don't really have a way of taking pics that show the length. That's the only reason I don't post mine.

rocket_surgeon
February 22nd, 2011, 11:30 AM
I haven't posted mine because I can't seem to get a decent photograph of it from the back. It's one of those skills, like the sock bun, that I'm just having trouble with. :D

scorpio_rising
February 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
I haven't posted mine because I can't seem to get a decent photograph of it from the back. It's one of those skills, like the sock bun, that I'm just having trouble with. :D

:laugh: Ditto all of that!

Smile4Kiki
February 22nd, 2011, 12:12 PM
I did in the beginning but am trying to practice benign neglect so I stopped posting length shots a few months back.

ladylovecraft
February 22nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
At first I didn't, because my hair has been so short I just felt it was pointless... But now that I'm nearing bsl I plan on getting some length shots, especially post henna. : )

GrowingGlory
February 22nd, 2011, 01:09 PM
For security reasons I prefer not to show images of myself on the site.

tinywife
February 22nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
I can't figure out how to compress my images enough...other than that, I have no problem.

rocket_surgeon
February 22nd, 2011, 01:23 PM
You can make them smaller using MS Paint in Windows. Open the image file in Paint, and go to the stretch/skew option. You can resize it either by percent of its current edge size, or by pixel length of its edge size. Also, make sure it's saved as a .jpeg; this is a more compressed file type than .bmp.

Prettychild
February 23rd, 2011, 03:47 AM
My hair is way too short. Also it has bad balding patches so I get embarrassed and depressed if I have to stare at my avatar looking like that. :o

Malaguena
February 23rd, 2011, 05:26 AM
I'm mostly concerned about security issues and I'm kind of a shy person in the sense that I wouldn't want anyone I might know in real life recognize me here (or any other forum I visit). It's a kind of a long shot that that would happen, but still. Plus I haven't managed to get a good shot of my hair, even if wanted to post a picture.

nucleardelusion
February 23rd, 2011, 06:13 AM
I have one in the BSL to waist thread because I was shocked over a chunk of my hair missing (probably wayyy too much s&d, I fixed it!). Other than that, I'm lazy about taking pictures of my hair. I don't know what I did with my cameras- I could have my boyfriend do it, but meh... he always looks so comfortable after he gets home from work. I'll probably have pictures after I reach waist or longer- I'll be so proud of myself! :cheese:

Bast
February 23rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
For security reasons, I only put my pictures up in very limited places.

Red_Wednesday
February 23rd, 2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks for replying, Everyone :flower:. I was just curious:D. I haven't posted any picture because my hair is still short - not much to see, LOL. In time I may post some...that is, if I think it's worthy:p.

AnnaJamila
February 23rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Well, I'm Muslim and I wear hijab so it wouldn't make sense for me to cover my hair in daily life and then post pictures on the inter-web for all the world to see!

Haha, way too many perverts, too, imo!

Luna12345
February 23rd, 2011, 09:52 PM
I have one in the BSL to waist thread because I was shocked over a chunk of my hair missing (probably wayyy too much s&d, I fixed it!). Other than that, I'm lazy about taking pictures of my hair. I don't know what I did with my cameras- I could have my boyfriend do it, but meh... he always looks so comfortable after he gets home from work. I'll probably have pictures after I reach waist or longer- I'll be so proud of myself! :cheese:

What's s&d?
I'm asking this question because I have a little bald spot(or maybe thinning hair)

AnnaJamila
February 23rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
What's s&d?
I'm asking this question because I have a little bald spot(or maybe thinning hair)

I'm pretty sure she means search and destroy, like snipping off individual split ends. But I don't know because unless those were some serious split ends I don't see why that would make a bald spot?!

ibleedlipstick
February 24th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I haven't posted any actual length shots yet because I feel like it is too short/I'm less than attractive. I would want to post a photo of my face as well, because I will see someone with long hair and constantly try to see them from behind — to maybe match up with someone here.

I don't mind sharing the personal info, because I have yet to post something I am ashamed of, and have given out personal information to people I have purchased hair toys from on the swap board. I guess that I figure that if anyone *really* wanted my info, they could hunt down my IP and go after me that way. I'm not concerned.

I plan to post some pics on my one-year anniversary though :D

I just feel like I'm not really "good enough" to post pictures yet. :o

curlymarcia
February 24th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I have two reasons: my hair is too short and I am not very good taking pictures of my hair from the back (and my DH thought that I am crazy when a aks for a hair pic).

wavykisses
February 24th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I haven't post any pictures because my room is very dark
I'm not so good taking pictures myself too.
So I'm waiting maybe in the weekend I'll ask my husband to take
some pictures of my hair outdoors where there is natural beautiful light

enfys
February 24th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I do show my hair so I think it's clear which side of the fence I am on, but for those of you who feel their hair is too short to most pics of yet, do consider taking photos even if you don't post them.

Seeing the progress is a major boost to how you feel, and in a couple of years they will be great inspiration to new members if you do feel comfortable posting.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to those of you who don't want to post pics at all, but I believe in photos showing progress to keep you motivated. I wish I had more progress shots from the last few years.

Also, if in the future you want to cut your length back, the photos will be more honest than any rose tinted memories you might have.

Anyway. As you were.:D

katienoonan
February 24th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I may post some pictures of my success with Cinnamon lightening... but my hair is far too short at the moment... I may post a picture of my hair at it's longest to motivate myself..

:knit:

Red_Wednesday
February 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I do show my hair so I think it's clear which side of the fence I am on, but for those of you who feel their hair is too short to most pics of yet, do consider taking photos even if you don't post them.

Seeing the progress is a major boost to how you feel, and in a couple of years they will be great inspiration to new members if you do feel comfortable posting.

Obviously, this doesn't apply to those of you who don't want to post pics at all, but I believe in photos showing progress to keep you motivated. I wish I had more progress shots from the last few years.

Also, if in the future you want to cut your length back, the photos will be more honest than any rose tinted memories you might have.

@Bolded: Very good advice. I've actually been taking pictures of my hair since I started growing it out from buzzed in the back:p. It's been a tough journey, and some days when I feel like my hair just really isn't growing, I'll look back at the pictures I've taken and more times than not, I can really see that my hair has grown:). It usually gives me a little boost, and keeps me from lopping it all off again when I get frustrated at this in between stage:rolleyes:.

Capybara
February 24th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I couldn't agree more :) And, short hair is beautiful too!

IcarusBride
February 24th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I posted my pictures :D
I respect people who don't want to post their pictures' right to that choice.
But I like seeing everyone's pictures who does feel comfortable sharing!

Roseate
February 24th, 2011, 06:09 PM

Seeing the progress is a major boost to how you feel, and in a couple of years they will be great inspiration to new members if you do feel comfortable posting. ...

Third this! I took monthly pictures my first year, growing from a bob. Every time I felt like my hair "wasn't growing" I'd look a couple months back and see that it was.

Now that my hair's longer I've slowed down on the pictures, I just do it every 3-4 months or so. But it really did help me stick with it that first year, when it was such an awkward length and it felt like nothing was happening.

Jessikinz
February 24th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Used to take pictures but then sorta just stopped. I don't like taking pictures of myself, let alone my hair. But I still have a couple old and newish pictures of my hair in my private album. I stopped putting my hair pictures as my avatar, just don't feel comfortable to do so. It's a personal choice I guess.

christine1989
February 24th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I have pictures in my album(s) but don't put it in my avatar since, lets face it, the smiling cat is so much cuter! ;)

RocketDog
February 24th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I don't post a lot of photos, simply because I'm not one of those spectacular heads of hair that everyone oohs and ahhs over - my hair is shortish, thinnish and not glossy or super curly/straight or in any other way extraordinary enough to warrant a post of its own. I have an album on my profile page and occasionally sneak a photo in to a thread, but that's it.

cinemax
February 24th, 2011, 08:05 PM
To ashamed of my hair right now. Thin:confused:

Rocket22
February 24th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I agree even if you don't post your photos you should take them to keep track. When my BF took my last picture of my hair he thought my hair has always been the same length and when I showed him all my side by sides he was blown away of the difference . He didn't think my hair ever was anything different then what it is.. and then he thought it was pretty fun... gotta love it!

dreamsofthewind
February 24th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I never seem to have a camera around when my hair is having a good length day! Or else I plan to take a photo, but don't get around to it for some reason or another.

McFearless
February 24th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Not me. A while back people said they feel obligated to compliment others even when they don't mean it. So I feel no need to post a photo and get fake comments.

I do take photos every couple of months and upload them to photobucket for comparisons.

ScarlettAdelle
February 24th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I'm not really much of a picture person... If I liked how I appeared on camera I'd most likely post more... I tend to absolutely HATE pictures of myself and usually feel like an idiot when I'm taking pictures, so I don't... Which is why I have two pictures of myself up.

I'm not too afraid of people seeing pictures of me, or recognizing me...

-j-
February 24th, 2011, 11:30 PM
I don´t feel comfortable in my hair and I don´t feel good about posting photos of it, not yet. It is too short, because of the major cut.

But when it gets long enough, I might post some photos, if I have a reason to :)
I still don´t want to show my face in the internet, but my hair you will see in the future :)

ETA. actually there is one current photo in the "no trims in 2011"-group, but I´m not going to update it until the end of 2011/ early 2012.

hanne jensen
February 25th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I don't post pics for 2 reasons. 1. Security. 2. I'm technically challenged.

annieangel149
February 25th, 2011, 07:51 AM
i dont really take photos but hubby is going to download some in about an hour and all you lovely peeps can take a look at my cr&p hair! *sighs* it will be a new post on the mane forum!

Delila
February 25th, 2011, 08:05 AM
No camera here, so no pictures. Also, I'm not sure I want to post my picture (or even photos of my hair) online.

Admittedly, I do wish I had a photographic record for my own use, since my hair's gotten so long during this process. (Whee!)

I had a picture of my hair when I was about bsl, or just beyond, but that was years ago so I took it off my profile.