PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem

ldc441
February 21st, 2011, 05:36 PM
I recently cut my hair, it was at mid back and then i cut it to shoulder length and now I can't put it up in anything that I used to so I need help on ways I can put my hair up

Nae
February 21st, 2011, 05:43 PM
You might be able to do a french twist or a peacock twist, maybe even a little ponytail.

jujube
February 21st, 2011, 05:52 PM
Hey, I know how you feel. I used to have midback dreadlocks, and shaved my hair off when my Mom had cancer. I'm now at chin. :)

Shoulder length updos are limited, but they do exist, and are beautiful. We have a support thread (search Are There Super Shorties Out There), several members are above and just below shoulder. Do join, I myself don't really do updos yet, but some of us are really talented.

What I would suggest, though, are spin pins. You know when you just make something nice with your hands, but don't think it could be held together as an updo? Spin pins often do that for you! And don't despair, in a few months you'll be at APL.

jaine
February 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM
I see you are male ... are you looking for shoulder length updos that are common with men? I don't want to put any artificial limits on what kinds of updos guys can do.... :) A ponytail is what I usually see on guys with shoulder length hair but there are many more options other than that.

akuamoonmaui
February 21st, 2011, 06:51 PM
I don't know what it's called, but you don't complete a pony tail so the ends are sticking up, then you can "arrange" the wispy ends to make a messy bun.

You might be able to do the first step again, then wrap the ends around the back of the lower loop. Julia Roberts had her hair this way in Eat, Pray, Love.

If you like hair sticks, you can make a pony then place the stick between the back of your hair and the holder. Then split the pony into two and wrap one half, one way and the other half the other way. I use tiny clips to keep the ends in place.

akuamoonmaui
February 21st, 2011, 06:52 PM
Oops. Never mind my previous post. Just a sexy ol' pony tail!

pepperminttea
February 21st, 2011, 07:48 PM
French or Dutch braids?